New Topic Respond to this Topic
risebeyond
risebeyond
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Lookit, art by me Dec. 21st, 2013 @ 09:21 PM Reply

It took me about thirty seconds to realize there was a section for art here. I've only been here a day but I couldn't resist ruining your eyesight. Anyway much stuff I have, but most of it isn't lookworthy.

With my fingers crossed I give you the most decent thing I have for now, fanart, and hope I don't get too embarrassed or miss a critical rule. Because I have a muse that's usually what comes out, its not my fault I didn't make him up.

Lookit, art by me

Nublade
Nublade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to Lookit, art by me Dec. 21st, 2013 @ 11:12 PM Reply

Looks nice man! I'm new here too, keep it up!

- Studmuffin

Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Lookit, art by me Dec. 21st, 2013 @ 11:29 PM Reply

Lovely coloring you've got here, but i'm not sure how much I like it with the fairly simplistic anime style. Feels a bit uncanny to me. I'd really like to see you do something in a more realistic style, I think you could paint some great portraits.

risebeyond
risebeyond
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Lookit, art by me Dec. 21st, 2013 @ 11:34 PM Reply

At 12/21/13 11:29 PM, Jester wrote: Lovely coloring you've got here, but i'm not sure how much I like it with the fairly simplistic anime style. Feels a bit uncanny to me. I'd really like to see you do something in a more realistic style, I think you could paint some great portraits.

I myself am an anime fan. So that tends to come out a lot. While I don't use cell shading or an extremely surrealistic style like most shoujo anime for example this is my style. Except for the hair...the way I do hair is constantly changing.
Well I have done more realistic portraits, however to have a truly realistic picture I have to copy a photo exactly. Otherwise they come out only semi realistic. This is/was a more simple picture I've done.

risebeyond
risebeyond
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Lookit, art by me Dec. 21st, 2013 @ 11:40 PM Reply

This is my newest attempt at realism. It though, is very simple and was done on a whim as a gift for a roleplay friend. While I do think it's pretty simple, and a bit soft for shading, I still like the hair.

Lookit, art by me

risebeyond
risebeyond
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Lookit, art by me Dec. 25th, 2013 @ 05:47 PM Reply

This is actually one of my favourite things. It started off as being bored. I was waniting to practice couloring so the drawing itself doesn't have much work put into it, in fact half of it was traced from said boredom. But I was happy with the way the jeans turned out, texture~ The bare torso was really hard and I complained the entire time working on it, and my friend I chatted with had to hear all about it. Then I wanted to play with cuts. The background I wanted didn't look good with it so I just kinda scribbled a skull and pasted that all over. Still, for its age I like, it and it set off a whole series of pictures.

Lookit, art by me

risebeyond
risebeyond
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Lookit, art by me Dec. 30th, 2013 @ 09:38 PM Reply

I had to suddenly draw my bby today. He's a character I made up years ago but, I didn't actually have a picture of him yet, so i was trying to create How I pictured him with little help. So it didn't take forever and its not big. The hair is a bit iffy but overall I'm happy with it. He looks exactly how I want him to at least.

Lookit, art by me

risebeyond
risebeyond
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Lookit, art by me Jan. 4th, 2014 @ 04:47 AM Reply

Honestly I don't know what to do with this one, I was excited to show it off, now i'm not so sure I should. I love it, but it may be one of the worst ones I've done lately. Which makes me quite sad and disappointed. I don't know how to fix it.

Lookit, art by me

Flowers10
Flowers10
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to Lookit, art by me Jan. 4th, 2014 @ 08:29 AM Reply

At 1/4/14 04:47 AM, risebeyond wrote: Honestly I don't know what to do with this one, I was excited to show it off, now i'm not so sure I should. I love it, but it may be one of the worst ones I've done lately. Which makes me quite sad and disappointed. I don't know how to fix it.

I think its mostly your style which is holding you back, your stuff looks over-renderd to me.
Meaning it looks very smooth on some parts and very sharp on the others.
Which isnt always a bad thing, but it kinda is here.

This while rendering is pretty low the list of what a artwork makes beautiful, look at monets work, and sargent singer even. I'd advice you to work more on the value's and colors instead of the rendering. Use bigger brushes, and once a base is established go in with smaller ones to get in detail.
its less time consuming and you would learn a whole lot more.

Click on the sig!
Or my thread

BBS Signature
risebeyond
risebeyond
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Lookit, art by me Jan. 4th, 2014 @ 04:55 PM Reply

At 1/4/14 08:29 AM, Flowers10 wrote:

I think its mostly your style which is holding you back, your stuff looks over-renderd to me.
Meaning it looks very smooth on some parts and very sharp on the others.
Which isnt always a bad thing, but it kinda is here.

This while rendering is pretty low the list of what a artwork makes beautiful, look at monets work, and sargent singer even. I'd advice you to work more on the value's and colors instead of the rendering. Use bigger brushes, and once a base is established go in with smaller ones to get in detail.
its less time consuming and you would learn a whole lot more.

Thank you, but oh dear...I think the problem is much bigger. I have no idea what you just said.
I do use multiple brush sizes since this one was actually a bigger piece a lot of large brushes were used, in the beginning. However my "style" Which I always thought was nonexistant XD was just built on what distressed me the leat to look at.

risebeyond
risebeyond
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Lookit, art by me Jan. 4th, 2014 @ 06:45 PM Reply

This one was just for...I dunno. But I thought it would be cute, because he loves pandas. I don't really care how good or bad it is, because its was just for lolz and I don't really love working with fur or pencil ..traditional mediums really, they're messy, make scratching sounds, difficult to do textures with, and smear a lot ruining highlights. I also can't scan, so photographing diminished quality extremely. But, despite that I did this quickly anyway. Kids can also be difficult when you're not used to them, they're like chibis...which I also suck at. I still think he's cute though. You can't see his hair,( or eye colour, which are usually his defining features), so he kinda looks weird. In retrospect I should have made the hood less flat, that way you'd see at least part of his hair and it would look, less flat. XD

Lookit, art by me

risebeyond
risebeyond
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Lookit, art by me Jan. 19th, 2014 @ 08:19 PM Reply

Honestly I don't really have any motivation to draw anything that isn't him. Supposing I draw at all, it all kind of went muuuuurp and now I suck even more. Really I can't force myself to do anything and no one else gives a shit, but I still keep trying. Things are a wip, but a lot of them will probably stay that way, until they get deleted. I don't like clutter in my file folders, nope. But This...is still a bit questionable, I don't think anything more will be done with it but the background in particular...leave some to be desired though it was alright in my head obviously things in my head don't translate well. I'm trying to work on not having to copy stock images, and work more from my head but still try to remain accurate. I realize there's nothing wrong with stock, I still use them if I have to but I often end up having to copy the picture exactly and it comes out too realistic for me, when I like to keep the drawings more simple and anime, despite the shading. That's just my personal preference for drawing and observing.

Lookit, art by me

Nacco
Nacco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Artist
Response to Lookit, art by me Jan. 20th, 2014 @ 06:29 AM Reply

Now this is the kind of anime I can appreciate. Is the character you keep drawing supposed to be 'L' from the death note?
Apart from the hands and feet looking a bit weird on the last one, I don't have any critiques. Drawing anatomy things like hands 'n stuff is something that can only be improved by practice and reference drawings and you probably knew that already. So yeah, keep it up!

risebeyond
risebeyond
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Lookit, art by me Jan. 20th, 2014 @ 02:52 PM Reply

At 1/20/14 06:29 AM, Nacco wrote: Now this is the kind of anime I can appreciate. Is the character you keep drawing supposed to be 'L' from the death note?
Apart from the hands and feet looking a bit weird on the last one, I don't have any critiques. Drawing anatomy things like hands 'n stuff is something that can only be improved by practice and reference drawings and you probably knew that already. So yeah, keep it up!

:D You know the language of my people! Thank you much. Would you believe I used to be very good at hands? (years and years ago) Yes, I knew when I was drawing it the hand and feet weren't very accurate, but they suited my purpose, I usually use my own hands and feet for reference since I'm usually very particular about their position.
It's not L, he just likes to imitate L. He is from a DN spinoff though, his name is Beyond Birthday.

risebeyond
risebeyond
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Lookit, art by me Jan. 21st, 2014 @ 06:27 PM Reply

I decided to fully shade and colour another picture. Because I felt like colouring but not coming up with a totally new picture and drawing it. But Since the layering wasn't saved I ended up having to do it all over again anyway. >< Which in the end was all good, because i decided to refine some of the details like hand and feet. So now the only thing I really feel is bad about this picture, is the knife. It's pretty recognizable but I'm pretty sure theres no knife in existence that looks like that. I guess the fact that I was too lazy to do anything about it decreases the entire value of the picture, but it was just for time wasting anyway. However for the rest of it was good practice. I'm in the process of refining my style in examples for the possibility of a portfolio for commissions.

Lookit, art by me

risebeyond
risebeyond
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Lookit, art by me Jan. 22nd, 2014 @ 11:04 PM Reply

This is a thing I did for some random person. Honestly I was just getting sick of doing my muse over and over again. Granted that who I ended up drawing wasn't THAT different, but I got to do some things different. I did take a few liberties so hopefully they won't mind. Though I'm not going to present it to them until I decide whether her arm is decent or not. Because what i wanted it to be recognizable as burn scars if it looked TOO realistic I feared it would look retarded with the rest of the picture. I suppose if I must I may cover it up with sleeves, but I did it anyway because I was sick of doing long sleeves, eager to try dong burn scars (they're fun), and wanted to take advantage of her physical flaw. I was very happy about that actually. Its not often characters have such extensive physical abnormalities, especially on an otherwise beautiful design, I see a lot of "cool" Looking scars, like "X's" and simple one like that...but those are for wimps. Anyway I think she's pretty, but I need to let it sit then stare at it for a while before I can decide if its any good and if I can improve it.

Lookit, art by me

123mine123
123mine123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Lookit, art by me Jan. 23rd, 2014 @ 09:11 AM Reply

I couldnt help but think of....
What's his name...the one from deathnote..
L? I think.
Anyway, I couldnt help but find similarities between them.

| HaDouKeN!!! >:D | Is there no end to this!!! :3 | Whirlwind Punch! >:3 | Dapper! :D | I'm here to fail! x3 |

BBS Signature
risebeyond
risebeyond
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Lookit, art by me Jan. 23rd, 2014 @ 04:24 PM Reply

At 1/23/14 09:11 AM, 123mine123 wrote: I couldnt help but think of....
What's his name...the one from deathnote..
L? I think.
Anyway, I couldn't help but find similarities between them.

Yes, this is the millionth time I've had to explain this, and probably not the last. My muse is Beyond Birthday, yes he looks like L. It is intentional. He copies L.
Though with the case of the girl in the last drawing, she's an OC who is supposed to be L's sister. That just happened to be what they wanted me to draw.

risebeyond
risebeyond
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Lookit, art by me Jan. 27th, 2014 @ 06:33 PM Reply

I did something that wasn't muse~ I rather like it because its got many things I like to look at. ANd It has an actual background. So I'm proud of myself for not just slapping some colours on. Though when I first started it I was going to finish an already existing sketch...but kept changing my mind and then decided to just do something pretty. Looking at it now I wish I had added more vines climbing the walls...but they are boring to do. Apparently my laziness and self indulgence will kill my art.

Lookit, art by me