00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best of November 2013

21,687 Views | 37 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Best of November 2013 2013-12-17 21:55:00

At 12/17/13 09:31 PM, VicariousE wrote: Hate to say, but I'm getting (really) tired of the low speeds Verizon/Cogent are using to get Newgrounds out. Seems worse than ever, especially when it comes to mp4/360p, and anything over 1MB in the Art Portal :| Might be time to write a few pointed letters, using official NG stationary... and maybe a severed critter head or two, in appropriate locations; after all, this IS business.

Yeah the whole deal with Verizon and Cogent has been so disheartening, I'm really disappointed in both companies for not being able to sort this out. Would be nice if Cogent just kicked Netflix out but I know that won't happen, so we all get to suffer while Verizon wages war over their own video on demand service.

We should go back to loading smaller versions of the images in the Art Portal... It's just nice to have the big one already loaded when you want to view full size... We should at least consider compressing things to a really high quality JPG when someone uploads a 1+ meg image.

Merry Christmas!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of November 2013 2013-12-18 08:19:04

At 12/17/13 09:55 PM, TomFulp wrote: Yeah the whole deal with Verizon and Cogent has been so disheartening, I'm really disappointed in both companies for not being able to sort this out. Would be nice if Cogent just kicked Netflix out but I know that won't happen, so we all get to suffer while Verizon wages war over their own video on demand service.

Works great off-peak hours, but sometime after 5PM on the East coast, slooow.

We should go back to loading smaller versions of the images in the Art Portal... It's just nice to have the big one already loaded when you want to view full size... We should at least consider compressing things to a really high quality JPG when someone uploads a 1+ meg image.

Yeah, I remember those days, be a shame to go back to them... wouldn't that double the number of Art Portal files on your end O_O? If nothing else, add a button (maybe full-screen) so the image fits in browser window. Some of the scouted artists upload these 5MB+ monsters, and when you click on it, you get about 2% of the image on screen.

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of November 2013 2013-12-19 17:45:37

You can't keep up with Follow Friday can you, Tom?

Cartoonist lad, occasional BBS poster and all-round human hailing from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

NOTICE: Anyone caught posting A.I. 'art' on Newgrounds.com will have their balls ripped off and flushed down the toilet.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of November 2013 2013-12-20 08:21:50

All the games were good. I was impressed by all of them. Not to get off subject.... I need 3D programers, voice actors, graphic, for a MMO I'm making. Message me if you are interested.

Welcome to the nightmare cause the end is near!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of November 2013 2013-12-20 08:33:07

At 12/20/13 08:21 AM, StrikerSXAZ wrote: All the games were good. I was impressed by all of them. Not to get off subject.... I need 3D programers, voice actors, graphic, for a MMO I'm making. Message me if you are interested.

You went off-topic right there.

Cartoonist lad, occasional BBS poster and all-round human hailing from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

NOTICE: Anyone caught posting A.I. 'art' on Newgrounds.com will have their balls ripped off and flushed down the toilet.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of November 2013 2013-12-20 14:06:43

At 12/19/13 05:45 PM, ChazDude wrote: You can't keep up with Follow Friday can you, Tom?

Was just contemplating putting one together right now. :P

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of November 2013 2013-12-20 14:56:24

At 12/20/13 02:06 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 12/19/13 05:45 PM, ChazDude wrote: You can't keep up with Follow Friday can you, Tom?
Was just contemplating putting one together right now. :P

Follow Friday is the bee's knees!

Response to Best of November 2013 2013-12-21 08:52:35

At 12/20/13 08:33 AM, ChazDude wrote:
At 12/20/13 08:21 AM, StrikerSXAZ wrote: All the games were good. I was impressed by all of them. Not to get off subject.... I need 3D programers, voice actors, graphic, for a MMO I'm making. Message me if you are interested.
You went off-topic right there.

I warned you.

Welcome to the nightmare cause the end is near!

BBS Signature