00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nuggetior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What are Telltale Games doing...?

817 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

What are Telltale Games doing...? 2013-12-09 04:09:34

I posted this in the Voice Acting Club but I figured I'd post it here too. Here is a copy and paste:

I don't know about you guys but lately I have been getting quite annoyed by Telltale games. Not because of the quality of the games they make (I loved them), but by the time we have to wait for each episode to be released. A monthly release would be great. Now normally this isn't something that I would complain about because I know how hard making a game is, however, in case you haven't heard, Telltale Games has taken on 2 new BIG projects.

Here is the list of confirmed projects from Telltale Games for those who haven't heard:
- The Walking Dead Season 2
- The Wolf Among Us
- Game of Thrones
- Tales from the Borderlands

With all these projects being made right now, I am doubting their ability to prioritize. Right now I don't care about Game of Thrones and Tales from the Borderlands. I just want the rest of The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead Season 2. In my opinion it would be more effective if they prioritized these two games until the episodes are done (at least for the season) and then they can work on the other two. Anyway, just an opinion.

Response to What are Telltale Games doing...? 2013-12-09 05:37:37

Or you could try being patient.

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to What are Telltale Games doing...? 2013-12-09 05:53:34

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."
-Shigeru Miyamoto

Response to What are Telltale Games doing...? 2013-12-09 06:01:32

At 12/9/13 05:37 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: Or you could try being patient.

Being patient is all well and good, but they released episode 1 of TWAU in mid-October and then waited in silence until last week to tell us episode 2 won't be here until next year. Plenty of people bought the season pass right after beating episode 1, and it's not alright for Telltale to take people's money, tell them episode 2 will be out "soon," and then release it whenever they want.

The problem's not even that they're taking a long time with it, it's just that they allowed everyone to assume they'd make releases about as frequently as they had for The Walking Dead, only to wait 2 months and then tell us it's going to be way longer.

Response to What are Telltale Games doing...? 2013-12-09 06:38:39

I think the once a month format would be fine but they could just finish the whole season before announcing it and then they could set up a schedule to release since with the game's episodes being finished no more working besides releasing them needs to be done and then there you go, happiness for all. Also yes I feel like they won't be able to prioritize, I'm gonna come out and say that the Game of Thrones game will be the one to get shafted by them.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to What are Telltale Games doing...? 2013-12-11 14:38:39

I guess trying to make a game that has some different character models and animation. Probably takes them some time.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to What are Telltale Games doing...? 2013-12-11 17:07:44

At 12/11/13 02:22 PM, Orochi wrote:
At 12/11/13 09:29 AM, CrazyRock wrote: and then there's Duke Nukem Forever
And there is developement hell, which is way different than a delay

Pikmin 3
Mother 3
Team Fortress 2

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to What are Telltale Games doing...? 2013-12-11 18:35:41

There is nothing to really complain about. Just be patient.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to What are Telltale Games doing...? 2015-01-16 06:46:35

At 1/16/15 05:44 AM, Voltage wrote:
Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones look absolutely no different too.

I didn't enjoy the first episode of their Game of Thrones much but I thought Tales from the Borderlands was very entertaining and a nice deviation from their normal story structure. Easily my favorite game of theirs yet.

I think people should be critical of this particular game studio because these aren't fucking games. They're well written wastes of time with nothing innovative to bring back to the returning player.

I agree that they're not what I'd actually call videogames, but Telltale's games have only ever existed as or been advertised as point-and-click narratives with player choice, which works well because the writers aren't shitty. The company pulls a lot of stupid bullshit, but the product is exactly what they claim it is. It's not like they promised you an open-world RPG and then gave you a point-and-click game and ran away.

Response to What are Telltale Games doing...? 2015-01-16 18:53:52

They are dragging there feet like usual.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature