Respond to this Topic
Talo
Talo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! Sep. 11th, 2001 @ 02:36 PM Reply

I beat the game in 5 mins b/c I only killed when i had to, check out this final kill count.

Disorderly has arrived!

Cletus69
Cletus69
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! Sep. 11th, 2001 @ 05:06 PM Reply

This game is awesome! It's like no other game I have ever played before. The only comment I have is that the weapons should be able to be used longer. I usually get 2 or 3 people out of a weapon, but I wanna get like 10 or so out of a weapon. Besides that, this is the best game on Newgrounds right now. Keep it up!

mcraken
mcraken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! Sep. 11th, 2001 @ 08:26 PM Reply

DISORDELEY IS GODLIKE IVE COMPLETED IT AND THINK EACH LEVEL GETS BETTER AND BETTER BUT THE END IS A BIT OF A LET DOWN (I WONT SPOIL IT) I ALSO NEVER GOT TO USE ANY WEAPONS WHICH SAID WERE AVALIABLE BUT EVEN SO THIS GAME WAS GREAT I CANT WAIT 4 DISORDELEY 2!!!

Wolvie
Wolvie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! Sep. 11th, 2001 @ 10:14 PM Reply

Great Game Mang!

Disorderly has arrived!

MrPrez
MrPrez
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! Sep. 12th, 2001 @ 10:42 AM Reply

At 9/11/01 07:48 AM, svabbi-brutal wrote: hey where can i download disorderly

you'll find it in your temporary internet files

it's called nursing

Brainstrain
Brainstrain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! Sep. 13th, 2001 @ 03:17 AM Reply

This game ruled! Great job.

poe510
poe510
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! Sep. 13th, 2001 @ 03:05 PM Reply

this game is so tight i hella like the music. weird thing is when im at school it does not load

HackerZC
HackerZC
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! Sep. 14th, 2001 @ 12:05 PM Reply

Very nice I was playing for like a half an hour before I lost all my lives. Now that I know how to play I can go back and kick ass. But I need to wait cause my hand and wrist hurt ALOT!

Recommendation: You should regain health when you level up. Most RPG's do that, and it really makes game play more fun.

Disorderly has arrived!

bokocat
bokocat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! Sep. 14th, 2001 @ 12:48 PM Reply

At 9/6/01 03:37 AM, TomFulp wrote: Zeebarf just remarked that he feels like it's Christmas morning! We are very excited to finally release Disorderly, almost a year after it began development! I remember when I was saying it would be released in February of 200!

I don't know what else to say right now - just go play it!

Respond to this post with questions, comments, bug reports, anything. This will be the official Disorderly thread!

I loved this game. But I must agree with those who say that some mini-games are just too hard. I pride myself on being the fastest button pusher there is...but only with my right hand. Ergo, the arm wrestling is difficult for me because I can't just go super-fast. It's gotten better, though, and I can beat it almost every time now. One time I got that game 3 times in a row...if I get carpal tunnel syndrome from this Tom, then...uh...it'll be harder for me to play cool Newgrounds games! The last one took me about 7 minutes of straight button-mashing to beat, because I was so worn out. I was actually sweating from the strain and turning red. Why are the first and second bosses harder than every other boss? And Diaper Dan and Gato Gary, who are on the first two levels, are undoubtedly the hardest regular enemies, because of their long range.

Word of advice to those of you who cannot beat those dang Smirnoff brothers: a little tip section from me to you. First off, take out the single one on the left. Then, when the other two get close, sprint to the other side. You want them all on the same side. Believe me, getting caught in a Smirnoff sandwich is no picnic. Just keep them all in front of you and you should have no problem. Oh, and when you knock anyone down, face their feet when you pound them, since they get up on that side.

Oh, one slight complaint for Tom. I dunno what happened, but I guess I had a slight bug. On my most recent play of the game, a message from explorer came up halfway through to tell me it would have to shut down. I ignored it, since I was doing really well. When I started playing again, everything started going really fast, with the exception of the mini-games. That was fine, since I am pretty good, and I was able to fend off the speedy attackers. (Note: Diaper Dan is 10,000 times more annoying when he's in speedy mode. I didn't think it was possible for him to get more annoying) Anyway, I beat the game with a score of 24,000 and change, and I submitted it. It told me that my score was submitted, but when I looked at my standing, it still had not changed from the 20,000 it was before. This upsets me. Stupid IE.

Peace out, and stuperbulous game!

Seawana
Seawana
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! Sep. 14th, 2001 @ 02:14 PM Reply

Kudos

I love the game! I must've played it for 3 hours straight when I first found it. Awesome! I particularly like some of the mini games.

Bug Reports
I've got a bug for you to squash. I had played the game several times and was going for a new high score. However, when I finished the game (with a very high score I might add) it told me something like "You have entered an invalid score. You are being watched."

What's up with this? To find out I put in all this effort only to see after the fact that I couldn't submit my score was very frustrating. If it get's fixed, I'll happily try again but for now I'm Disorderlied out.

Speaking of scores, how can we view the high score table without actualy playing the game to its completion?

also, some of the mini games are easier to complete when the game is on the proper quality setting. I found that arm wrestling on high quality made it easier to beat the computer.

maniacmonkey
maniacmonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! Sep. 14th, 2001 @ 06:42 PM Reply

Disorderly ties with Pico vs. Bear as the best Flash game ever! It was awesome! The only downside is that its a little long but doesn't have much replay ablilty. That's all. Kyle

JAKKED
JAKKED
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! Sep. 15th, 2001 @ 04:33 PM Reply

disorderly rox and i finaly beat it the last levle is easy i have a problem about something compleatly diffrent i am only lev;e one when i have revewed around 45 movies

Disorderly has arrived!

JAKKED
JAKKED
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! Sep. 15th, 2001 @ 04:34 PM Reply

disorderly rox and i finaly beat it the last levle is easy i have a problem about something compleatly diffrent i am only levle one when i have revewed around 45 movies please reply to this problem

Disorderly has arrived!

DUDE4U
DUDE4U
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! Sep. 15th, 2001 @ 09:46 PM Reply

this was ok but i wouldn't put it too high up. ight. well i see you got your hands busy. i talk to yalls later. peace out.

Metallica2dope
Metallica2dope
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! Sep. 16th, 2001 @ 09:04 AM Reply

Disorderly F'n RULES

Cynicant
Cynicant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! Sep. 17th, 2001 @ 03:19 AM Reply

finally beat the game minute ago, i felt a bit let down by the ending, but the rest of it was funny as hell. the sound uncle ben makes when he pauses damn near got me killed by another geezer, i was laughing so hard, (a pause button would have been useful)
one bug i noticed (that i don't think has already been brought up)-if you grab a geezer, then pick up a weapon, the geezer stays in the air...
the only suggestion i would throwout is maybe some other level up titles...i was a co-president on the 3rd level...

Disorderly has arrived!

SadToth
SadToth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! Sep. 20th, 2001 @ 10:47 AM Reply

Light bug report :
When leveling up at the end of a level (after boss killing), or when catching the poop, the LEVEL UP text on top doesn't disapear. You got to wait leveling up one more time before it goes back to normal.
When playing again, a higher score is not registered on the site if one has already been.

Other thing : 4th level boss machine gun is too powerful, with it you can kill the last boss in just 1 shoot. Same with the rocket launcher, you should remove weapons when taking the lift.

I know have played many hours to this game and it's still so cool.

LostSoul
LostSoul
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! Sep. 20th, 2001 @ 06:50 PM Reply

Awesome game worthy of my wasted time!

A suggestion, though...make the arm-wrestling minigame a little easier...my poor keyboard's left and right arrow keys are nearly worn out.

EntropicOrder
EntropicOrder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Game Developer
Response to Disorderly has arrived! Sep. 21st, 2001 @ 01:27 AM Reply

I finally got the time to beat this entire game. That's the most time I've spent playing a flash game (other than debugging my own, hehe)! It took about 3 hours I think (with intermittent chatting).

There are a few bugs which I hope you will work out, but like I said before, this is a great game!

Everyone who says they can't beat the arm-wrestling is a wimp cuz I can do it, though my wrist hurts afterwards.

If you ever want another programmer to work with, I will gladly do the job! I'm going to school for it right now so I know a little bit about it.

By the way, Tom, I think it is so cool how you just do newgrounds and that's your thing. My flash gets me behind in school and work, and I wish I could just focus on it instead of it being a "distraction."

DaFlasher and I are going to work on that GTA game again, so I hope to release that sometime soon. I have a lot of other ideas if you want to email me! I'd like to just talk about other stuff too if you have the time.

Disorderly has arrived!

EntropicOrder
EntropicOrder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Game Developer
Response to Disorderly has arrived! Sep. 21st, 2001 @ 02:27 AM Reply

Just some more comments after reading everyone else's:

I have a feeling that people coming to newgrounds and expect to play a game for about 2 seconds and then move on, so when they find a game that actually takes a little bit of figuring out, they don't take the time to. This is probably due to the high volume of portal crap. I wish there were some way to weed that out...

I think this game is groundbreaking for flash. It's a quality game. I think we (Tom, myself, flash makers alike) need to set a new standard for flash games, so that people will treat them as if they were console games. Something they must set aside time for and obssess over, not just whenever they are drunk or bored and want to waste a few minutes. This game has done that, although there are many people out there to convert.

One thing I have found to fix frames that freeze for no apparent reason is to just put a play statement on that frame that's freezing. I have a feeling that whenever two different movie clips are accessed and one is told to stop, the other too sometimes.

I loved whiny ramond when he's on the floor crying his head off! That's so hilarious! And the name "Papa Whealy?" I laugh out loud even still just thinking about it!

Death was hard, but I figured out a way to be him. Oh, and I really loved the AI! Like how they go around you and try to attack you from behind, brilliant! The crap-slinger was kind of tough though, but see, I expect that from a flash game. I'm looking for a quality challenge, and that is what you have provided.

Again, good work. I can't wait to see what else you come up with. Hopefully I will be able to help you on your next project.

nickwarnick
nickwarnick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! Sep. 23rd, 2001 @ 12:43 PM Reply

disorderly is really long...
my fingers hurt :(

kinguvnuthin
kinguvnuthin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! Sep. 24th, 2001 @ 09:49 PM Reply

cache? what? i'm stuck at 68%!

gimick
gimick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! Sep. 25th, 2001 @ 08:42 AM Reply

BUILD UP YOUR STRENGTH ONLY! U CAN GET STAMINA AND VITALITY ELSE WHERE BUT STRENGTH MAKES THINGS SO MUCH EASIER. IVE ONLY PLAYED THE GAME ONCE BUT I BEAT IT MY FIRST TIME.

PEACE.

EVILtimm
EVILtimm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! Sep. 25th, 2001 @ 12:40 PM Reply

Wouldn't respond to keyboard at first, but i refreshed and its worked fine since... damned win2k?

Disorderly has arrived!

EntropicOrder
EntropicOrder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Game Developer
Response to Disorderly has arrived! Sep. 25th, 2001 @ 04:13 PM Reply

Die you crazy mo-fo!

By the way, when I shot him, he fell but didn't die instantly.

Disorderly has arrived!

DUDE4U
DUDE4U
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! Sep. 26th, 2001 @ 08:29 PM Reply

I beat it. it was hard. but i had only 2,000 something points. it was kool. luved the grim reaper!!!!!!

Disorderly has arrived!

Bomb-Clock
Bomb-Clock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! Sep. 27th, 2001 @ 10:49 AM Reply

If you go back to room 15 on every level after you beat the boss you get bonuses... the best being the level 4 boss. You get his machinegun arm. That name "Ed-From room 209" was MIGHTY!!! I mean pure genius, and being able to use his arm like roboocop does in RCop vs Terminator was genius too! I was sad though cos after killing 5 guys with it I went into a room and lost it... aieeeee!!! I wish you could keep it, like you could in RC vs Terminator. Still Wicked though! Take the arm thru to the 5th level and i suppose you could use him against death... not sure though. I took a pistol thru the elevator...

Disorderly has arrived!

Marooned
Marooned
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! Sep. 27th, 2001 @ 01:50 PM Reply

I still can't beat the pillow fight, but the rest of the game I can get through no problem. A little frustrating but a GREAT game!

information-unknown
information-unknown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! Sep. 29th, 2001 @ 11:36 AM Reply

At 9/27/01 01:50 PM, Marooned wrote: I still can't beat the pillow fight, but the rest of the game I can get through no problem. A little frustrating but a GREAT game!

this game is great who ever thinks that it is soooo hard god they suck. oh yeah is it humanly possible to beat the pillow fight

ERies7
ERies7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! Oct. 1st, 2001 @ 01:15 AM Reply

Cool game. Nice ending too.