Respond to this Topic
legokiller666
legokiller666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! 2001-09-06 16:22:00 Reply

Ok, after i completed the game, i went to the doors, they were marked as cleared, then i died and continued to make my way to the doors, but on the race thing the buttons wouldnt work (clicking the tutrle or the fart!) so, i dont know if it was supposed to be keyboard or what, but...... who cares, i must find a way to get pleasure penny!

Disorderly has arrived!

Steve84
Steve84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Gamer
Response to Disorderly has arrived! 2001-09-06 16:32:16 Reply

awsome game tom :0) i love it best rpg ever

Bakudan629
Bakudan629
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! 2001-09-06 16:55:51 Reply

I'm in second place. Or at least I am since 3:29 p.m. CST of Sept 6, 2001.

ManicaFucker
ManicaFucker
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! 2001-09-06 17:03:38 Reply

I was going into the Game when all I got was a blank screen. MY INTERNET SUCKS! I HATE IT!

dl-Monk
dl-Monk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! 2001-09-06 17:14:42 Reply

At 9/6/01 03:37 AM, TomFulp wrote: Zeebarf just remarked that he feels like it's Christmas morning! We are very excited to finally release Disorderly, almost a year after it began development! I remember when I was saying it would be released in February of 200!

I don't know what else to say right now - just go play it!

Respond to this post with questions, comments, bug reports, anything. This will be the official Disorderly thread!

Awesome game tom and zeebarf!!i can't really say anything bad about it.the graphics were good, it was funny as hell and the fact that i live in florida( the retirement home for thousand of elderly people) it helped me vent some anger i have for those old bastards that clog up the street with their bad driving and get me pissed off with their bad attitudes.thank u.oh but there is one thing.its probly my comp but it took a few seconds for it to respond when i hit the attack button.that was a bit frustarating.When i tried submittin my score, an error message came up sayin i did something illegal.what happened?what did i do?all i did was play the game!great work u guys.u have to make a sequel!

OldQuaker
OldQuaker
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! 2001-09-06 17:31:54 Reply

I had the same problem, too. My wrist is sore from pressing the A button so many times... Just when I finished the game it says I submitted an illegal score! Other than that, perfect game.

vdibv
vdibv
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! 2001-09-06 17:35:09 Reply

At 9/6/01 03:37 AM, TomFulp wrote: Zeebarf just remarked that he feels like it's Christmas morning! We are very excited to finally release Disorderly, almost a year after it began development! I remember when I was saying it would be released in February of 200!

I don't know what else to say right now - just go play it!

Respond to this post with questions, comments, bug reports, anything. This will be the official Disorderly thread!

Disorderly is fun!

untitled
untitled
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! 2001-09-06 17:37:31 Reply

Damn they should port this to a console system!

The only problem i had was submitting my score, I was playing it for like an hour and during that time I got disconnected from the net. I logged back on and submitted my score and I got this error:

Error - you have attempted to submit an illegal score. The site administrator has been notified. You are being watched.

Just to let you know i wasn't trying to hack your script :).

TFX
TFX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! 2001-09-06 18:05:37 Reply

This was quality work! Great job!

Although it harkens back to the button-masher days at times.

Disorderly has arrived!

Bakudan629
Bakudan629
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! 2001-09-06 18:12:24 Reply

Hey tom fulp old boy. Umm something happened when i tried to post my score. It said that I did something illegal( and you have to believe me I didn't!).

I got a score of like... 8446.1332.

just wanted to inform ya.

Compdude
Compdude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! 2001-09-06 18:22:53 Reply

Overall, I think this is a GREAT game! Top-10 material, if Tom would ever open his stuff to public voting...

Anyhow, there are a lot of things I really liked about this game.
1) RPG leveling system. I LOVE RPG games, and this makes it progressively more fun as the game goes on.
2) Funny premise. True life problems, zany yet practical suolutions.
3) Funny and animated characters, with wide variety. Nice job of so cruely stereotyping different varieites of old folks. My favorite I've seen so far is that poop-throwing guy, though he's damn hard.
4) Great mini-games. Some are pretty hard (like arm-wrestling), but the concepts are quite funny.
5) Good control, for the most part. Amazing, consider it's done in Flash.
6) All the little things. I've seen (so far, reacdhing lvl 2), plugs for Pico, Eskimo Bob, and even a special treat view of the NG Staff! There's probably moer coming, and they do liven the atmosphere.
7) Finally, good overall graphics, sound effect, and soundtrack. Did LHM do the songs?

The cons?
1) HARD. Hard, hard hard. First level is not that hard, but the second level and beyond looks to be QUITE challenging. Now, I'm all for challenges, but the game penalizes you too much exp and power when you die. Newgrounds doesnt' seem like the place for super-hard games, especially without a save or password system.
2) Some mini-games are similarly unfair. Catching poop is really hard, as well as arm-wresting. Really tires out the arms.

So a really good game, but really much harder than warranted. You still got it, Tom!

Disorderly has arrived!

Narcissus
Narcissus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! 2001-09-06 18:29:21 Reply

Great game, the only one problem, after a certain point, I had a strength of 89.999999 and after I finished, I had a score of 14 thousand something plus 4 more digits after the decimal point. In submitting the score, it said I had submitted an illegal score, admin had been notified and I was being watched. What the fuck is that all about? Illegal, my ass. It is not my fault the floating point in Flash messed up. Grrrr!!! :-(®

nicksokach
nicksokach
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! 2001-09-06 18:30:26 Reply

It said i submitted an illegal score, and that i am now being watched... what's with that? Plz Explain...

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Disorderly has arrived! 2001-09-06 18:40:43 Reply

At 9/6/01 03:56 PM, legokiller666 wrote: Why dont you add a bit at the end where you can go through all the bonus levels or something, cause it was disapointing when i couldnt get to the pleaseure penny level!

We plan to have a special Disorderly page, where you can log in if you have a hi-score stored in the database. Speaking of which, there is some bug that has been causing some peoples' scores not to register - we are trying to fix that tonight.

Anyway, hopefully we can get it set up so if you have a hi-score, you can use your GG account to log in and play special bonus material!

-Tom

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Disorderly has arrived! 2001-09-06 18:42:07 Reply

Maybe it is just me, but I didn't find the game to be too difficult. The first level was kind of hard but it actually got easier after that. When I beat it and submitted my score it said I tried to submit a fake score and that I am being watched, you might want to look into that.

You were playing the "second edition" - I uploaded a new version around noon after everyone was complaining. We are still working on the hi-score database issue.

-Tom

BBS Signature
mr-spatula
mr-spatula
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! 2001-09-06 18:55:30 Reply

well, it certainly is easier now.

all the way to the end only dying at (ironically enough) death.

Still awesome, this is hardly a criticism1!

Stormwarden
Stormwarden
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! 2001-09-06 19:07:58 Reply

This is alright...one of the better games on here. I don't mind.

life has to happen sometimes, it just happing to me all over the place

REZN8
REZN8
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! 2001-09-06 19:11:33 Reply

The first time I played it I thought it was too hard and couldn't make it past the 1st level. 12 hrs later I played the renewed version and beat it my second time!? Perhaps you made it too easy now.

Disorderly has arrived!

EvilWallPaper
EvilWallPaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! 2001-09-06 19:15:09 Reply

great fuckin game worth the wait the only thing i think it needs is some kind of password system like on Tapian 3000 so it saves your EXP points

Disorderly has arrived!

MattSuicide
MattSuicide
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! 2001-09-06 19:20:34 Reply

I just have to say, WOW! That game was awesome. I found a copuple things wrong though.

1. There should be an option to change the quality of the movie.
2. Fix the punching. Every once and a while (and I mean EVERY) the ounch button would just stop working.
3. Don't have it freeze and give me an error right when I beat the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's it!

Compdude
Compdude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! 2001-09-06 19:22:51 Reply

Disorderly DOES seem much more easy to beat now. Personally, I think it's just about right now.

And yeah, there was a problem with the hi-score system an hour ago when I last played it... I got a really decent high-score too, no fooling. At the current rank, this would be like second or third. But I'm sure others are having the same problem, so my score's probably only average. :-b Oh well. Again, great game.

Disorderly has arrived!

AshNPhx
AshNPhx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! 2001-09-06 19:35:46 Reply

The game is great! We just need a pause button. (For all of us playing at work.

macdeth
macdeth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! 2001-09-06 20:11:02 Reply

Oh my god

That game kicked ass!!

If you put that on the portal it would be number 1 so fast :)

The worst member.

DrMSM
DrMSM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Reader
Response to Disorderly has arrived! 2001-09-06 20:43:49 Reply

It does seem much easier now-I couldn't get past those Russian triplet bastards the first time, now I played it tonight and beat the game, with 1st place score :)

Great game!!!

M

fasdfdsaasfdfdsa
fasdfdsaasfdfdsa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! 2001-09-06 21:09:48 Reply

ahem
this happened while i was carrying a guy, he went into the 'stunned' animation and disappeared from my arms, i could still hit people though, but it went away when i entered a door.

Disorderly has arrived!

AntiTanner
AntiTanner
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! 2001-09-06 21:21:32 Reply

At 9/6/01 07:11 PM, REZIN8 wrote: The first time I played it I thought it was too hard and couldn't make it past the 1st level. 12 hrs later I played the renewed version and beat it my second time!? Perhaps you made it too easy now.

Yeah! I got that #1 score in "hard mode," now everyone is kicking my ass! Guess i'll have to start drinking!

Cowboy-From-Hell
Cowboy-From-Hell
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! 2001-09-06 21:34:36 Reply

This was awesome!! Definitely up there with the likes of Pico and such. Excellent job Tom and Zeebarf. This is the kind of stuff that I like to see at newgrounds.

Disorderly has arrived!

Wolf-The-Creator
Wolf-The-Creator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! 2001-09-06 21:38:11 Reply

Its got a few bugs.

Cant pick up certain items.
Animation freezes on the "Old people bash" attack
"s" and "d" seem to stop fuctioning on continue.

The game is awesome by the way.

Cowboy-From-Hell
Cowboy-From-Hell
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Disorderly has arrived! 2001-09-06 22:02:21 Reply

Hey, I like the Disorderly shirts and all that crap. I've already e-mailed you (Tom) about this but, does this hopefully mean that maybe we'll see Pico on some merchandise in the near future?

Disorderly has arrived!

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Disorderly has arrived! 2001-09-06 22:35:21 Reply

At 9/6/01 09:09 PM, Symbiont2 wrote: ahem
this happened while i was carrying a guy, he went into the 'stunned' animation and disappeared from my arms, i could still hit people though, but it went away when i entered a door.

Yeah... That is a "lazy glitch"... I need to go back and fix it, since what I tried before didn't work. It doesn't really hurt the game a whole lot, so I let it go. Should have fixed it, though. :)

-Tom

BBS Signature