00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs!

16,632 Views | 101 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Liljim just pushed an update to our blog system; we now have a rich text editor!

Your blog posts may now contain multiple images and embeds. You can upload images directly or specify an external URL, at which point our system will make a local copy of the image on NG so it doesn't mysteriously vanish some day.

If you encounter any bugs, pm liljim. Include all relevant details: browser, operating system (with versions for both) AND processes to recreate the bug you're describing - i.e. what were you doing when you encountered it.

Note: You currently can't edit your OLD blog posts. You will be able to edit them once we convert them over to the new system (soon).

We're hoping this blog update is a big help with things like dev blogs. More enhancements in this space are on the way!

Also, it's monthly voting time! Check your account page to see if you made the voting panel to select the Best of November.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-03 09:52:06

w00t!

BBS Signature

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-03 09:52:15

Hazzah!

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-03 10:00:10

At 12/3/13 09:57 AM, squeakytoad wrote: Very nice. I like the theme of developing Newgrounds as artists' "home on the web," an expression you used in one of your recent news posts. This will definitely make userpages much more worthwhile for content creators to invest their time into maintaining for fans.

We're overhauling the feeds system and would like to try making the userpage front page more of an activity feed, although it's debatable whether that is better than showcasing rows of the latest content in each category, although it should make the page feel more dynamic and worth visiting regularly. The BIG thing though is getting this whole layout to be mobile friendly, which we're getting closer and closer with. Then you can tweet about your latest blog post and it can look really nice when people read it on their phone.

BBS Signature

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-03 10:02:26

so when is the Voting and EXP overhaul gonna happen?

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-03 10:03:29

At 12/3/13 10:02 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: so when is the Voting and EXP overhaul gonna happen?

That's more of a 2014 thing.

BBS Signature

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-03 10:06:58

This is cool Tom, thank you! I really consider NG our content "homebase", so anything that can help us present the content we make and maintain our audiences is always a step in the right direction.

Not that it is feasible or practical at this time, but is there any possibility that users would, in the long run, be able to sell digital content directly through Newgrounds and simply pay a "commission per sale" (say, 20%) to NG while doing so? Just throwing an idea on the table here; totally speculative.

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-03 10:11:43

Looks awesome, plenty of useful features; stylish design. I like how you can expand the text area without being able to make it wider than the layout too... unlike all other text areas onsite.

At 12/3/13 09:51 AM, TomFulp wrote: We're hoping this blog update is a big help with things like dev blogs. More enhancements in this space are on the way!

Might support for the code tag be one of them?

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-03 10:16:29

Glad to see those fancy changes to the blog system, now I can make prettier newsposts. Voted for the best of the month and as usal, there has been so much great stuff that it was difficult to choose. I must say that this year was incredible in terms of high quality movies and games.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-03 10:28:37

Thats awesome!

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-03 10:44:55

At 12/3/13 10:06 AM, Tanadrine-Studios wrote: Not that it is feasible or practical at this time, but is there any possibility that users would, in the long run, be able to sell digital content directly through Newgrounds and simply pay a "commission per sale" (say, 20%) to NG while doing so? Just throwing an idea on the table here; totally speculative.

This is something we've been tossing around for years now and I think it is still a strong possibility. One big road block to this has been the accounting logistics - revenue from sales would be considered a royalty, which opens up a big can of worms with international tax withholding / tax treaties / reporting. We're going to start treating ad revenue this way in 2014 however so the system for handling THAT is actually in the process of launching. With that integrated into our monthly payment process, we're a lot closer to being able to address game / movie / music / microtransactions / whatever sales if we go that route.

There is something called FATCA that goes into effect July 2014, where ALL international payees will need to acquire a US Tax ID Number to avoid a 30% mandatory withholding, so regardless of what is considered a royalty, all international web payees are headed this way. Companies like Google maneuver around it by paying people via Google Ireland, but most US websites won't have that luxury.

BBS Signature

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-03 10:55:57

At 12/3/13 10:00 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 12/3/13 09:57 AM, squeakytoad wrote: Very nice. I like the theme of developing Newgrounds as artists' "home on the web," an expression you used in one of your recent news posts. This will definitely make userpages much more worthwhile for content creators to invest their time into maintaining for fans.
We're overhauling the feeds system and would like to try making the userpage front page more of an activity feed, although it's debatable whether that is better than showcasing rows of the latest content in each category, although it should make the page feel more dynamic and worth visiting regularly. The BIG thing though is getting this whole layout to be mobile friendly, which we're getting closer and closer with. Then you can tweet about your latest blog post and it can look really nice when people read it on their phone.

Uh, as much as I support everything you do, I'd rather not see stuff like "Swain voted 5 on this!" or "Evil-Dog reviewed this!" and so on in my news. Also (still, in my opinion), no, the main user page is definitely better the way it is now. Rather than basing the whole MAIN page on activity feed, why not simply make a separate page, and show only the LATEST activity on the main one, like with everything else?

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-03 10:57:57

This one's great, but I kinda miss the old one :P

BBS Signature

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-03 11:05:57

At 12/3/13 10:44 AM, TomFulp wrote: There is something called FATCA that goes into effect July 2014, where ALL international payees will need to acquire a US Tax ID Number to avoid a 30% mandatory withholding, so regardless of what is considered a royalty, all international web payees are headed this way. Companies like Google maneuver around it by paying people via Google Ireland, but most US websites won't have that luxury.

...and crap like this is why sometimes people take the achievements of NG for granted... yikes! Talk about taking something simple and complicating it :)

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-03 11:07:37

At 12/3/13 09:51 AM, TomFulp wrote: Your blog posts may now contain multiple images and embeds. You can upload images directly or specify an external URL, at which point our system will make a local copy of the image on NG so it doesn't mysteriously vanish some day.

FINAL. FUCKING. LY.

Note: You currently can't edit your OLD blog posts. You will be able to edit them once we convert them over to the new system (soon).

Oh well that fine with me. I don't really go back and check my old posts anyways.

Also, it's monthly voting time! Check your account page to see if you made the voting panel to select the Best of November.

Thanks for the heads up.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-03 11:12:27

At 12/3/13 09:51 AM, TomFulp wrote: We're hoping this blog update is a big help with things like dev blogs. More enhancements in this space are on the way!

Now I don't have to paste long posts into an html page to see if everything was formatted correctly. AND I can put images where I want them. AND I can have multiple images. Best update of the year.

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-03 11:29:05

At 12/3/13 11:03 AM, 24901miles wrote: Fuckin' Jim. Fuckin' Tom.

Fuckin' Brendon helped. :(

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-03 11:30:55

At 12/3/13 11:29 AM, BrenTheMan wrote:

Brendon gets the coffee right?

JK WE WUV YOU!!!

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-03 11:35:09

At 12/3/13 11:30 AM, ForNoReason wrote:
Brendon gets the coffee right?

JK WE WUV YOU!!!

Jim is British so...

Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs!

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-03 11:36:29

Also Fuckin' Luis did CSS styling stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-03 11:36:54

At 12/3/13 11:05 AM, Tanadrine-Studios wrote:
At 12/3/13 10:44 AM, TomFulp wrote: There is something called FATCA that goes into effect July 2014, where ..blah...taxes...blah...
...and crap like this is why sometimes people take the achievements of NG for granted... yikes! Talk about taking something simple and complicating it :)

You have no idea how much this of a pain in the ass this tax shit is... it's the bane of my existence!

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-03 12:01:25

Coincidentally, I had 2 images I wanted to post today. And now I can share them in the same post!
http://knoxius.newgrounds.com/news/post/877386

right on :3

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-03 12:38:22

At 12/3/13 11:50 AM, 24901miles wrote:
At 12/3/13 11:36 AM, TomFulp wrote:
Also Fuckin' Luis did CSS styling stuff.
Fuckin' everybody?

@PsychoGoldfish provided massages and comic relief.

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-03 12:40:45

I officially approve the new update for use by the general public.

BBS Signature

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-03 12:45:30

Neat! Now if only I actually had something to blog about

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-03 13:50:40

Hey hey!! I noticed Newgrounds finally has a way to embed content! You bet your ass I'm switching over all the content on my website to embed Newgrounds instead of YouTube. Fucking. Awesome.

It may need a few kinks worked out: for instance, the video automatically plays making it impossible to have multiple embeds on a single page without downloading all the content at once.

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-03 14:02:30

At 12/3/13 01:50 PM, Tanadrine-Studios wrote: Hey hey!! I noticed Newgrounds finally has a way to embed content!
It may need a few kinks worked out: for instance, the video automatically plays making it impossible to have multiple embeds on a single page without downloading all the content at once.

Yeah there's a bunch of kinks I'm working on, but baby steps AMIRITE?

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-03 14:35:52

At 12/3/13 02:02 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: Yeah there's a bunch of kinks I'm working on, but baby steps AMIRITE?

Wait, you mean you did the embedding of NG's content, while Jim did the blog upgrades?

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-03 14:41:21

At 12/3/13 02:35 PM, kkots wrote:
At 12/3/13 02:02 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: Yeah there's a bunch of kinks I'm working on, but baby steps AMIRITE?
Wait, you mean you did the embedding of NG's content, while Jim did the blog upgrades?

TECHNICALLY the embed iframe has been up for months but it didn't work on our own blogs so we held off on announcing it.

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-03 14:47:44

'Bout time.

BBS Signature