New Topic Respond to this Topic
Anchimayen
Anchimayen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Anchimayen's Art 2013-11-29 10:08:14 Reply

Hi people, i'm a bit new to Newgrounds so i thought i might find some more exposure to my art within the Forums.
So here are a few pieces made in photoshop:

• Speared Eyeball
    Speared Eyeball by Anchimayen

My take on the Neversoft logo I made this because i wanted to train my ability to draw more 3D like. I myself like the resu...

Score
    0.000000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Ages 13+
  • Elven Archer
    Elven Archer by Anchimayen

This Artwork took me long to complete and i'm really happy with the result of it.

Score
    0.000000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone
  • Skullyfly
    Skullyfly by Anchimayen

This is my entry for the challenge of the month: skullaholic from Jazza. It was inspired on the album cover of crazy trains b...

Score
    0.000000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone
  • It's a maze to your heart
    Score
    0.000000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

I tried a few art styles, but realistic seems to suite me the best of them.

Hope you guys and gals like it. I'm open to critic so go ahead and judge them. :)

P.S. I'm sorry if there are spelling or grammer faults in this post, but English isn't my native language. Also this is my first post on the forums so please don't be harsh on me if did something wrong (i'm doing the best i can to do everything alright.)

Anchimayen
Anchimayen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Response to Anchimayen's Art 2013-12-11 18:50:18 Reply

And new piece, it's called Fallen Goblin. :)

Anchimayen's Art

Anchimayen
Anchimayen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Response to Anchimayen's Art 2013-12-11 18:55:39 Reply

At 12/11/13 06:50 PM, Anchimayen wrote: And new piece, it's called Fallen Goblin. :)

Oops, wrong version. The one above doesn't have the right shading. xD

Anchimayen's Art

antuel
antuel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to Anchimayen's Art 2013-12-11 19:28:41 Reply

At 12/11/13 06:55 PM, Anchimayen wrote:
At 12/11/13 06:50 PM, Anchimayen wrote: And new piece, it's called Fallen Goblin. :)

very nice

Anchimayen
Anchimayen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Response to Anchimayen's Art 2013-12-11 19:37:09 Reply

At 12/11/13 07:28 PM, antuel wrote:
At 12/11/13 06:55 PM, Anchimayen wrote:
very nice

Thank you, it maybe seems like nothing. But i really appreciate these words. :)

DarkPrinceVI
DarkPrinceVI
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Anchimayen's Art 2013-12-11 22:18:15 Reply

Some nice pieces, but theres something weirdly off about them, I think it is either one of two things

Either A-You're not utilizing art brushes (the soft brush will always look unproffesional if its the only one used)
or B-You have weak line art.

But I think it's mostly A

Anchimayen
Anchimayen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Response to Anchimayen's Art 2013-12-12 06:14:32 Reply

At 12/11/13 10:18 PM, DarkPrinceVI wrote: Some nice pieces, but theres something weirdly off about them, I think it is either one of two things

Either A-You're not utilizing art brushes (the soft brush will always look unproffesional if its the only one used)
or B-You have weak line art.

But I think it's mostly A

Thanks for your comment, i think you're right about A. I use a lot of the same brushes because i don 't like the most default photoshop brushes. But do you say that i need to use more rough brushes to let it look more professional?

Flowers10
Flowers10
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to Anchimayen's Art 2013-12-12 06:21:51 Reply

I'd best to have a combination of hard and soft edges. this gives the best result.
Btw textures are most visible in the transition from shadow to light.
And plx dont shade with pure black but pick a dark shade of whatever color instead.
Only in very dark closed spaces pure black should be used.

Click on the sig!
Or my thread

BBS Signature
Anchimayen
Anchimayen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Response to Anchimayen's Art 2013-12-12 06:56:50 Reply

At 12/12/13 06:21 AM, Flowers10 wrote: I'd best to have a combination of hard and soft edges. this gives the best result.
Btw textures are most visible in the transition from shadow to light.
And plx dont shade with pure black but pick a dark shade of whatever color instead.
Only in very dark closed spaces pure black should be used.

I think you're right, as soon as i'm back home i'll try to fix it. Thanks for giving your opinion.

DarkPrinceVI
DarkPrinceVI
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Anchimayen's Art 2013-12-12 15:56:12 Reply

The default Photoshop brush is very synthetic. and unless used to complete and utter mastery will always look semi awkward. With faking blending. The newer versions of Photoshop offer art brushes that paint like actual paint brushes. These are good because the stroking of the bristles actually create more realistic shading, and give it a more contemporary look. It's because when colors band together the eye mixes them and such.

Also I just realized your use of color is very basic. Light is not white, and shadows are not black. Instead play with hue, and saturation for you tones, instead of tints and shades. Shadows tend to be cooler, while highlights tend to be warmer. Ill do a quick example on your last drawing for you.

DarkPrinceVI
DarkPrinceVI
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Anchimayen's Art 2013-12-12 16:29:47 Reply

I only played around with the colors a little, and only really payed attention to the Goblin, but you can see how much color can alter the picture.

Anchimayen's Art

Flowers10
Flowers10
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to Anchimayen's Art 2013-12-12 16:35:58 Reply

At 12/12/13 03:56 PM, DarkPrinceVI wrote: The default Photoshop brush is very synthetic. and unless used to complete and utter mastery will always look semi awkward. With faking blending. The newer versions of Photoshop offer art brushes that paint like actual paint brushes. These are good because the stroking of the bristles actually create more realistic shading, and give it a more contemporary look. It's because when colors band together the eye mixes them and such.

I do not concur with this part of your advice, i'd actually tell you not to rely on brushes, they are not going to make you any better. Instead master the default brush first and you will see you dont really need different brushes, only for details.
And i think good picture wont even need allota detail.
For example my lady agnew study was drawn with the default brush(cept for brush for the couch).

• Lady agnew
    Lady agnew by Flowers10

This is a study on a painting by John sergeant singer. It's not perfect but i learned a bunch of stuff. Also, I got accepted...

Score
    4.590909091 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

Click on the sig!
Or my thread

BBS Signature
Anchimayen
Anchimayen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Response to Anchimayen's Art 2013-12-13 09:56:25 Reply

Hi, i'm back. I changed the color-scheme as DarkPrinceVI suggested, also i tried to filter out the really dark spots as Flowers10 suggested, i've tried to use other brushes on the background. Hope you guys like the result. And thanks again for caring enough to share your opinions. :)

Anchimayen's Art

DarkPrinceVI
DarkPrinceVI
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Anchimayen's Art 2013-12-13 18:05:07 Reply

At 12/13/13 09:56 AM, Anchimayen wrote: Hi, i'm back. I changed the color-scheme as DarkPrinceVI suggested, also i tried to filter out the really dark spots as Flowers10 suggested, i've tried to use other brushes on the background. Hope you guys like the result. And thanks again for caring enough to share your opinions. :)

The color change is nice, but it appears that you aren't looking at color the way it should be seen yet. :p

The problem with painting is it is actually a very abstract process (at least in my opinion) though your colors are much nicer and a lot more realistic. I think you have quite a ways to go to master the 3D color spectrum.

Anchimayen
Anchimayen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Response to Anchimayen's Art 2013-12-13 19:28:11 Reply

At 12/13/13 06:05 PM, DarkPrinceVI wrote:
At 12/13/13 09:56 AM, Anchimayen wrote: Hi, i'm back. I changed the color-scheme as DarkPrinceVI suggested, also i tried to filter out the really dark spots as Flowers10 suggested, i've tried to use other brushes on the background. Hope you guys like the result. And thanks again for caring enough to share your opinions. :)
The color change is nice, but it appears that you aren't looking at color the way it should be seen yet. :p

The problem with painting is it is actually a very abstract process (at least in my opinion) though your colors are much nicer and a lot more realistic. I think you have quite a ways to go to master the 3D color spectrum.

I know i'm far from mastering 3D drawing, that's why i'm trying to progress with tips from people on this kind of communities. Considering all the things i've learned are self thought (and tips like the ones you guys gave me) i think i progressed a lot from my first submission to the one where are now discussing about. Anyway thank you guys both for the help you gave me, but i think i should give this one piece a rest.

Anchimayen
Anchimayen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Response to Anchimayen's Art 2014-01-14 16:16:19 Reply

Hi, i'm back! This time with a traditional art piece. :)
You can find more information about it on the art page in my gallery. http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/anchimayen/thothic-warnoff

Anchimayen's Art

Anchimayen
Anchimayen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Response to Anchimayen's Art 2014-01-24 17:17:12 Reply

Hey guy's i picked this one piece with the goblin back up.
I changed a lot so i hope it also improved.

Anchimayen's Art

Anchimayen
Anchimayen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Response to Anchimayen's Art 2014-03-23 14:07:25 Reply

And another piece i made:

• This is my last joke
    This is my last joke by Anchimayen

"This is my last joke" is a image i created for a skateboard deck for one of my friends. (that's why it got this weird format...

Score
    0.000000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

I didn't upload it to the form because of the big size.

Anchimayen
Anchimayen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Response to Anchimayen's Art 2014-11-07 19:47:46 Reply

I've been away for a quite long time, but i'm back again.
I made this for the Movember challenge of the month from Jazza.
Hope you guys like it, i'm open for criticism and ideas.

Also the links in the upper part seem to have broken images, maybe that's because the long absence .

• David the gaint slayer
    David the gaint slayer by Anchimayen

My submission for the COTM November from Jazza This is my take on David from David and Goliath, i find this character inspir...

Score
    0.000000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

Anchimayen's Art