00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Rick & Morty (new AS show)

35,232 Views | 312 Replies

Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2013-11-26 03:53:00

This show looks very promising. Finally, an original show on adult swim that isn't trying to be too gross or too weird (you know, compared to other late nite AS stuff like ATHF or such) A show that looks like it was made for regular CN and then given an 18+ rating and targets an older demographic. I was beginning to think they'd only ever have venture bros. for something like that. Anyways I have high hopes for it and await its official pilot on Dec 2nd.

In the mean time, you can catch the pilot early on Adult Swim.com. What are your thoughts for about it? My one grievance is that Morty always talks like he just drank a bottle of seltzer. And that freaking dribble below his lip is driving me nuts. But the humor is solid and the characters are pretty good, just s basic sitcom family but I think they've got room to build on that. Anyways. Thoughts, comments?

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2013-11-26 05:01:14

I have yet to see the show. It looks interesting though!

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2013-11-26 14:06:51

I already decided I'm going to watch it because they used a Pixies song in the preview...thing for the show.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2013-11-26 17:03:31

To be honest, it looks incredibly promising, the first new show on Adult Swim in a while that I'd actually consider watching*. But I only watch a few hours of TV a week, and while that chunk IS during Adult Swim, it's not when the comedy is on. So I'm probably not going to watch it. But it's at least not something where I'd rather watch/participate in a Tijuana donkey show than see an episode of this, which is better than can be said for Tim and Eric, Children's Hospital, Squidbillies, or any number of other shows that are or have been on Adult Swim.

*Well, the first new show on [as] that isn't part of Toonami.

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2013-12-24 19:55:27

I don't like the show because Rick drools too much

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2013-12-24 19:59:31

After watching it it's actually not all that bad.
Granted I will admit there were some instances where they could have approached what they were doing better but overall not bad.

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2013-12-24 20:56:13

The show looks promising. The humor is smart and quick to the point and I like that.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2013-12-25 03:49:17

I have yet seen it but i have high hopes for it. since it seems very promising and reminds me a lot of the old cartoon called Home movies.

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2013-12-25 04:03:14

Everytime I hear about this show I think of the....swiffer? commercial where the 2 old people were talking about cleaning and the old lady is like "morty, are you listening? morty"?

But it does seem to have good reviews so I'll give it a shot

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2013-12-25 04:08:55

At 12/25/13 03:49 AM, Kiki-Mimi wrote: I have yet seen it but i have high hopes for it. since it seems very promising and reminds me a lot of the old cartoon called Home movies.

it's nothing at all like Home Movies, what would remind you of it?

still a decent cartoon, though.
I've only watched the Christmas episode thus far
Mild, quick humor
The plot and characters are quite interesting- the way it shallowly integrates science is a bit similar to Futurama's style
I give it an 8/10

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2013-12-25 04:30:55

Way up there, Morty, as far as it'll fit.
Definitely my favourite show in recent years, it's been declining ever since the first episode, but it definitely seems promising! I anticipate the new episode every week.

back off, adventure time, it's rick and morty time.

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2013-12-25 07:21:28

I think it looks like Back to the Future, if Eric Stoltz were originally in it.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2013-12-26 02:49:40

At 12/25/13 04:08 AM, S3C wrote:
At 12/25/13 03:49 AM, Kiki-Mimi wrote: I have yet seen it but i have high hopes for it. since it seems very promising and reminds me a lot of the old cartoon called Home movies.
it's nothing at all like Home Movies, what would remind you of it?

still a decent cartoon, though.
I've only watched the Christmas episode thus far
Mild, quick humor
The plot and characters are quite interesting- the way it shallowly integrates science is a bit similar to Futurama's style
I give it an 8/10

how the main character are drawn and the art style of the cartoon reminds me of Home Movie a little bit at times. now have seen Rick and Morty it has the same mild humor as well but its much more fast pace chaotic with sci-fi and the characters reminds me more of Back to the Future's Doc and Marty. Rick the crazy alcoholic scientist grandfather and his grandson Morty that he drags into inter-dimensional worlds to do crazy things misadventures.

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2013-12-26 18:12:08

Yeeeeah, the show isn't at all like Home Movies. Also "old cartoon" lol.

Anyway, Rick and Morty is pretty good.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2013-12-26 19:39:25

At 12/26/13 06:12 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Yeeeeah, the show isn't at all like Home Movies. Also "old cartoon" lol.

Well the show did end nearly a decade ago. So for some reason some people would consider that "old".

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2013-12-26 20:16:47

Saw the 2nd and 3rd episodes, thoroughly enjoyed it. Support this show.

Xbox Live Gamertag: POTM

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2013-12-26 22:10:10

I give this show two thumbs up because it's really good!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2013-12-26 22:41:45

"Dad, you can't, like, endow a creature with sentience and then rip it away!"
"Why not?"
"I don't know. It's... Indian giving?"

hahaha

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2013-12-26 22:43:08

At 12/26/13 10:41 PM, Cosmic wrote: I just wish the new shows would stop taking American Dad's episode spots.

I wish they'd drop American Dad.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2013-12-27 00:07:31

At 12/26/13 10:41 PM, Cosmic wrote: I just wish the new shows would stop taking American Dad's episode spots.

I wish they'd take some of Family Guy's episode spots instead or at least stop showing the Cleveland Show.
Out of the 3 I like American Dad the most.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2013-12-27 00:15:13

At 12/26/13 10:43 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:

Why do you hate American Dad so much?

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2013-12-27 08:06:19

At 12/27/13 12:15 AM, angrybirds2000 wrote:

It's funny even less often than Family Guy, IMO.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2013-12-27 11:25:28

At 12/27/13 08:06 AM, Sense-Offender wrote:

At least it doesn't rely on cutaways for like 95% of the jokes in the show.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2013-12-27 12:54:01

At 12/27/13 11:25 AM, Viper50 wrote:
At 12/27/13 08:06 AM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At least it doesn't rely on cutaways for like 95% of the jokes in the show.

American Dad almost never makes me laugh, though. Family Guy isn't that funny either, but I at least tend to find one or teo moments in an episode to be pretty funny. Sometimes the cutaways are funny, too.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2013-12-27 17:58:35

At 12/27/13 12:54 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: American Dad almost never makes me laugh, though. Family Guy isn't that funny either, but I at least tend to find one or teo moments in an episode to be pretty funny. Sometimes the cutaways are funny, too.

I've laughed more at American Dad than I have at Family Guy in a looooong time.
I'll admit some cutaways can be funny. But more often than not I just sit there wondering how the hell it even fits into the episode and try to imagine how long the episodes would be if they weren't in there.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2013-12-27 18:15:37

At 12/25/13 07:21 AM, Boomstick wrote: I think it looks like Back to the Future, if Eric Stoltz were originally in it.

The show originally started out as a parody of Back to the Future called "Doc and Mharti".

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2014-01-16 15:10:41

I still watch Family Man and American Boy, I watched them since they first aired and still support them to this day (=

As for Rick and Morty I watched it last week and the week before, I like it and I will support it. (=

I don't know if it will have the same presitige as Family Man or Sampsons but i'm sure it will be right along side the prestige as Venture Bros if they continue with a bunch of seasons xD

If you are not playing the game, then you are letting the game play you. Twitter: @Hypnotikid

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2014-01-16 20:12:12

David Cross!

Also, I still can't hear Morty without picturing Lemon Grab.

At 1/16/14 03:10 PM, fireimp wrote: Family Man and American Boy

I understood that reference.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2014-01-16 20:35:56

UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Both Rick and Morty are voiced by the same person. I wonder if the Lemongrab thing is going to come up one day. After all, Futurama did do an Adventure Time joke with Bender telling Jake to shut up (John DiMaggio voices both).

Also, why am I thinking about those "Crazy Good" Pop-Tart commercials?

I believe in the ultimate triumph of evil over good in this world.

It doesn't help that we keep funding our enemies.

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2014-01-16 20:46:01

At 1/16/14 08:35 PM, Th-e wrote:
UNACCEPTABLE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_wMnoZJaxg

Both Rick and Morty are voiced by the same person.

Yeah, I know, but the way he does Morty is more reminiscent of Lemongrab.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature