00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nue22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Want to voice act

669 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Want to voice act 2013-11-24 21:13:46

So basically I have always wanted to do voice acting for an animation so I thought where better to start than Newgrounds. My friends and family have always encouraged me to go out and do it the only issue is that I don't have anyone that I know that animates. So if you need a voice actor I would be more than happy to do it free of charge.

Response to Want to voice act 2013-12-01 23:58:33

One major misconception about voice acting is that people assume we want people that can "do voices". Anybody can just make funny voices, what we are looking for are people that can act. So my advice would be to practice delivering a believable performance and seek out animated projects that require strong acting.

Smarty Art, Ninja, Action

BBS Signature

Response to Want to voice act 2013-12-02 09:36:08

At 12/1/13 11:58 PM, Celshaded wrote: and seek out animated projects that require strong acting.

Say, can you elaborate what an animation needs to be like in order to require strong acting?
What are the differences between animations that require strong acting and animations that do not?
It is possible to act strongly in any kind of animation?

Turning your advice on the practical side, for an animator seeking voice actors, how can an animator determine if a voice actor is good?

Response to Want to voice act 2013-12-02 12:45:35

I think anything that is more dramatic and less comedic would require stronger voice acting.

If your seeking voice actors, it's a good idea to hold auditions online and have them submit samples with lines from your script. Also, it's cool to get a second opinion from someone else that is familiar with your story and characters.

Smarty Art, Ninja, Action

BBS Signature

Response to Want to voice act 2013-12-06 23:51:02

Well the issue is one thing that not enough persons are speaking intelligently about. I am very completely satisfied that.

Response to Want to voice act 2013-12-07 05:56:34

At 11/24/13 09:13 PM, Radar299 wrote: So basically I have always wanted to do voice acting for an animation so I thought where better to start than Newgrounds. My friends and family have always encouraged me to go out and do it the only issue is that I don't have anyone that I know that animates. So if you need a voice actor I would be more than happy to do it free of charge.

Hey buddy - as it goes I'm actually looking for a small bit of voiceover for a film I'm currently working on. Do you have any examples of your voice just so I can make sure it's suitable?

Thanks!

CUSTARD CARTOONS INC

My site for cartoons n stuff!

CHECK IT OUT NOWWW!!!