BBS Signature
NeoAlchemist247
NeoAlchemist247
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2013-11-30 15:34:30 Reply

I really wish EgoRaptor was in this list, but then, I figure he's probably gotten enough publicity. But still. I wanted to say it. EgoRaptor. Is. Awesome.

More Amazing People to Follow

SmashLuigiFan1
SmashLuigiFan1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2013-11-30 19:55:30 Reply

At 11/29/13 10:53 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: since you are fixing the system can you bring back the actual score (by NUMBEr) I'm sick of this just star crap, just putting that back would be nice to know where the submission stands EXACTLY on score.

If you place your mouse over the stars it shows you the score by number and how many votes the submission has. Something I want to return is how much of an impact you make on a submission. It used to say things like "+0.00000053" or "-0.0000009" to let you know how you effected a flash. That was a large reason on why I made an account, as I wanted to see my power slowly grow.

Also, if we can only vote once a submission and will never be able to do it again, then how are we going to deposit every day? It'll make voting pretty tedious in my opinion, as we'll have to find random flashes we've never seen before just to deposit.

"It's easier to talk about the bad than to understand the good." - Jirard Khalil
"This was a mistake." - Jirard Khalil, 2013
"WELCOME TO THE FANTASY ZONE! GET READY. . ."

BBS Signature
Anime-NoireChan
Anime-NoireChan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2013-12-01 04:30:24 Reply

Amazing people to create. Well, obviously, i like them.

DarkAnimeKnightmare
Anime-NoireChan on IGN
PSN ID: Anime-NoireChan | Even though, getting popular, Esshh. No worries now.

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2013-12-02 11:37:36 Reply

At 11/25/13 09:11 AM, TomFulp wrote: We have a plan to overhaul the voting system...

Sounds good! Especially double EXP weekends, as long as everybody really knows about them it'd be a great way for currently active users to gain some momentum on older ones.

Your vote score and review score would be one unified score, to minimize all the score complexity. You'll be able to edit your score if something improves later. Presumably, if all goes to plan, at least.

How will the vote/review scores for previous submissions be merged if/when this happens? Will review scores count as vote scores retrospectively? I'm wondering if the overall scores for old submissions will change as well it this comes into effect.

While planning all this stuff we actually start to question the favorites system for content... We've discussed converting everyone's favorites lists into Playlists under their account, and in the future they can choose to either add items to their playlists of favorites, or just vote on them to have in their voting log. Just another one of those things that could reduce complexity. We also talk about using content favorites as a way to follow the content when it has updates, but that could also work by just following the artist and it would reduce confusion in what happens when you click a pink heart, because pink hearts would only appear next to artists and not content.

What would happen to all the other favorites, IOW books, regular movies, games, etc? Having the favorite as a playlist sounds like a good idea, but I hope the Favorites section on users profiles doesn't disappear. With one undeletable playlist for favorites (like on YT I guess?), it could be showcased via the favorites tab in addition to/instead of the playlists block. Or would the playlists tab be merged with the favorites tab? Speaking of feature additions, it'd be great to be able to sort playlists, so the older ones don't get automatically hidden from the main view if you add a new.

Would be cool to see which playlists one of your submissions is on as well, or a list of users who have that submission in at least one playlist, like back when you could see which users favorite a specific submission.

spacegod105
spacegod105
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2013-12-03 08:15:20 Reply

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/628231

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Audiophile
Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2013-12-04 18:03:08 Reply

At 11/25/13 01:06 PM, TomFulp wrote: There would still be a daily max of 10 XP but we could do double XP weekends, so people could rock out extra hard when they have more free time. Double XP on NG would mean getting to vote on twice the stuff, vs getting double the XP per vote.

I'm not going to make any fuss if the double EXP idea doesn't go to plan since I think what we have now is as good as it is but if this goes ahead would it be possible to have double EXP for Friday-Sunday? Perhaps that's what you had in mind but incase you haven't, I would like it this way since it would mean earning 100 EXP a week and I always like numbers rounding off nicely like that.

Pardon the OCD bullshit with numbers but that's how I like my figures.

[ BBS Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Denton
Denton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2013-12-04 22:44:30 Reply

At 12/3/13 08:15 AM, spacegod105 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/628231

I couldn't help it but to look on your profile, thanks for the whistle points

It's impossible to use the bathroom in Denton's house, as not even his toilet paper takes shit from anyone.
No Fap November!

BBS Signature
Abracadabra123
Abracadabra123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Filmmaker
Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2014-03-07 21:30:12 Reply

At 11/24/13 05:42 PM, NewShape wrote:
At 11/24/13 01:11 PM, Abracadabra123 wrote: I stop watching movies / playing games since you removed how big a movie / game is.

If I watch all movies or playing games, my internet bill would be high.
20mbs? Do you live in Somalia lol?

My limit's 100 mbs per day. If I keep watching videos and playing games, I would pay $100/month for internet bill.

I once watched a video over 200 megs on Newgrounds. Flash is more smaller than mp4.