Be a Supporter!

Forced sterilization for Criminals

  • 1,704 Views
  • 88 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Rome-forger
Rome-forger
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Forced sterilization for Criminals 2013-11-18 11:10:05 Reply

Criminals are not fit to be parents. Children look to there parents as role models. If one or both of the parents are criminals then the child grows up to see crime as being cool or at lest alright to do. What should be no surprise these children grow up to be criminals as well.

If we sterilize these criminals and make it so that they can't have children then there crime spree will end with them and crime as a whole will drop.

Lich
Lich
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to Forced sterilization for Criminals 2013-11-18 12:50:20 Reply

So what happens if someone is Sterilized and then found out to be innocent of the crime shortly afterwards?


| Music | News | Favorites | - Audio Destruction, Evolving One Track At A Time!

BBS Signature
Earfetish
Earfetish
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Forced sterilization for Criminals 2013-11-18 13:01:41 Reply

so what about if someone had a criminal record 40 years ago and has some adult children and is currently a successful businessman who hasn't been in trouble for 40 years?

What crimes warrant sterilisation? Assault on a police officer when aged 16?

NewgroundsMike
NewgroundsMike
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Forced sterilization for Criminals 2013-11-18 13:44:14 Reply

Shut up already, we're not in the Middle Ages any more.


You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace.
NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!
Click here if you want to be my dinner!

Profanity
Profanity
  • Member since: Dec. 16, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Forced sterilization for Criminals 2013-11-18 13:44:39 Reply

Which crimes?

Are we going to sterilize all of the bankers and finance professionals who rip people off? Are we going to sterilize elite athletes who break the rules of their contracts? People who import chameleon goods in shipping crates labelled "Toys" to avoid tariffs? Or are we going to sterilize people who appear drunk in public? Jay walk? Earn undeclared wages at manual labor jobs? Shoplift? Pickpocket? Smoke weed? Get too many speeding tickets? What if they are later proven innocent or not guilty? Do we sterilize the prosecutors who withheld evidence? Do we sterilize the judge who ignored due process? Do we kill the children of adults who commit crimes? And the grandchildren of elderly who commit crimes? If someone is found to have committed a crime in the past, and his family records reveal that four thousand citizens are his direct descendants, do we throw them all in the incinerator?


Just an 02er.

poxpower
poxpower
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Forced sterilization for Criminals 2013-11-18 14:08:32 Reply

At 11/18/13 12:50 PM, LichLordMusic wrote: So what happens if someone is Sterilized and then found out to be innocent of the crime shortly afterwards?

Sterilization is reversible.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasectomy_reversal

It's harder for women but you can make them sterile for many years so you could just renew that.
http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/birth-control/iud-4245.htm

At 11/18/13 01:44 PM, Profanity wrote: Which crimes?

Is that an argument or a question? lol


BBS Signature
AxTekk
AxTekk
  • Member since: Feb. 17, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Musician
Response to Forced sterilization for Criminals 2013-11-18 14:08:56 Reply

Nice post history broski!

Forced sterilization for Criminals

naronic
naronic
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to Forced sterilization for Criminals 2013-11-18 14:21:06 Reply

At 11/18/13 11:10 AM, Rome-forger wrote: Criminals are not fit to be parents. Children look to there parents as role models. If one or both of the parents are criminals then the child grows up to see crime as being cool or at lest alright to do. What should be no surprise these children grow up to be criminals as well.
If we sterilize these criminals and make it so that they can't have children then there crime spree will end with them and crime as a whole will drop.

That's a bit of wishful thinking but I do think we should have a program to at most try to prevent children being born to parents clearly not ready to have them mentally or physically. However people should have the right to procreate if push comes to shove.


BBS Signature
LordJaric
LordJaric
  • Member since: Apr. 11, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Forced sterilization for Criminals 2013-11-18 14:45:17 Reply

Funny. I think the Nazis had the same idea.


Common sense isn't so common anymore
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"
Fanfiction Page

Rome-forger
Rome-forger
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Forced sterilization for Criminals 2013-11-18 15:15:43 Reply

OK there's a lot for me to respond here. First off to NewgroundsMike, that's a pretty pathetic response. In no way did it explain how I am wrong. If the best you can come up with is "Shut up already, we're not in the Middle Ages any more" Then id say your an idiot.

To Profanity Nice try with attempting to make me seem unreasonable and irrational with comments like "first you'll sterilize everyone who does a miner crime like jay walking, loitering, and speeding. Then he'll search the records and going back a thousand years find a man the committed a crime and killing everyone who is related to that man Wahahhaha!"

Look to your comment "Do we kill the children of adults who commit crimes?" Never once did I say anything about killing away one. This is about sterilization of criminals so they can't have any more children. If they already have children then there's nothing we can do about those unfortunate children. Now of course I don't mean miner crimes like jay walking. I'm referring to crimes like shop lifting, murder, rape, assault, kidnapping and so on. Now onto your comment "What if they are later proven innocent or not guilty?" If that's what your worried about then you should be apposed to the death penalty in states that have it. But even for the states that don't have it your comment is pointless because there are people who go to jail for 20 years and later found to be innocent. You can't give those people back those 20 year nor can you do anything about the people that have been sterilized. You can't end the entire penal system because there are some times mistakes all you can do is say sorry we screwed up and move on.

To Earfetish you have a good point with your comment "so what about if someone had a criminal record 40 years ago and has some adult children and is currently a successful businessman who hasn't been in trouble for 40 years?"

In this case this person would have already been punished for his/her crime. Once a person has been convicted and punished of a crime you can't years later bring them back and punish them some more just because there are new forms of punishment added to committing the crime. What I am proposing is that we do this to people who commit crimes from here on out.

To AxTekk I'm not sure what your referring to or what your point is.

Rome-forger
Rome-forger
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Forced sterilization for Criminals 2013-11-18 16:07:08 Reply

At 11/18/13 02:45 PM, LordJaric wrote: Funny. I think the Nazis had the same idea.

Really? Is that really the best you can come up with. OK first off the Nazis were not the first to come up with a sterilization program. The United States used to have forced sterilization long before the Nazis.

Secondly the Nazis sterilization program was nothing like what I proposed which is sterilizing criminals. The Nazis sterilized people who they considered to not be genetically perfect Aryan's people with genetic problems disorders and so on. The Nazis were Sterilizing innocent people. Your comparison is unfair. Your comparison implies that because the Nazis sterilized innocent people that means sterilizing is altogether evil and we can't sterilize anyone regardless of if they are innocent or criminals. I could do the the same thing and say the Nazis throw innocent people in jail therefor we can't throw any one in jail regardless of if they are innocent or criminals.

Finally Id like to point out how its rather pathetic how you try to compare my sterilization program to a group that mass murdered millions of people, tried to exterminate entire races of people, and tried to take over the world as some how being one in the same. Instead of making these pathetic comparisons why don't you try saying how you truly fell about what I said and how it is wrong, mistaken or incorrect.

jhypsyshah
jhypsyshah
  • Member since: Jan. 19, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Filmmaker
Response to Forced sterilization for Criminals 2013-11-18 16:43:09 Reply

Ya might find this guy interesting..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Shockley

scroll down to:

Statements about populations and genetics

..it'll kinda give ya an idea.


Thanks to Green-Chicken for the sig graphics, ur awesome.

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Forced sterilization for Criminals 2013-11-18 16:47:39 Reply

The closest I'd come to supporting this is chemical castration for convicted sex criminals.

At 11/18/13 02:08 PM, poxpower wrote: Is that an argument or a question? lol

Both I would presume. Good luck coming up with reasonable criteria for sterilization.

poxpower
poxpower
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Forced sterilization for Criminals 2013-11-18 16:51:30 Reply

At 11/18/13 04:47 PM, Entice wrote:
Both I would presume. Good luck coming up with reasonable criteria for sterilization.

Yeah it's almost as impossible as for THE DEATH PENALTY, TORTURE, JAILING or ANY PUNISHMENT FOR ANY CRIME.


BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Forced sterilization for Criminals 2013-11-18 17:02:35 Reply

At 11/18/13 04:51 PM, poxpower wrote: Yeah it's almost as impossible as for THE DEATH PENALTY, TORTURE, JAILING or ANY PUNISHMENT FOR ANY CRIME.

Not in favor of the first two.

Instead of typing and all caps do you care to share what yours would be? Everyone who goes to prison?

poxpower
poxpower
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Forced sterilization for Criminals 2013-11-18 17:17:56 Reply

At 11/18/13 05:02 PM, Entice wrote:
Instead of typing and all caps do you care to share what yours would be? Everyone who goes to prison?

This isn't really what the discussion is about.
I haven't gone in-depth and studied exactly on who and to what extend this should be implemented. Nor do I need to.

Nor do I think sterilization should be limited to criminals nor applied to all criminals.

Certainly if you're going in for >10 years as an adult, there's a good chance you shouldn't be allowed to breed.


BBS Signature
AxTekk
AxTekk
  • Member since: Feb. 17, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Musician
Response to Forced sterilization for Criminals 2013-11-18 17:24:53 Reply

At 11/18/13 03:15 PM, Rome-forger wrote: To AxTekk I'm not sure what your referring to or what your point is.

*you're

AxTekk
AxTekk
  • Member since: Feb. 17, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Musician
Response to Forced sterilization for Criminals 2013-11-18 17:30:17 Reply

At 11/18/13 05:24 PM, AxTekk wrote:
At 11/18/13 03:15 PM, Rome-forger wrote: To AxTekk I'm not sure what your referring to or what your point is.
*you're

As in "To AxTekk I'm not sure what you're referring to or what your point is." Thought that was a little unclear.

Profanity
Profanity
  • Member since: Dec. 16, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Forced sterilization for Criminals 2013-11-18 17:34:59 Reply

At 11/18/13 03:15 PM, Rome-forger wrote: To Profanity Nice try with attempting to make me seem unreasonable and irrational with comments like "first you'll sterilize everyone who does a miner crime like jay walking, loitering, and speeding. Then he'll search the records and going back a thousand years find a man the committed a crime and killing everyone who is related to that man Wahahhaha!"

You did that to yourself with the thread anchor.

You didn't specify which types of crime warranted sterilization procedures, which types of sterilization techniques would be used, how the procedures would be funded, what policies would be enacted to keep sterilized criminals from having children with methods which circumvent the sterilization sentence.

You said that criminals make poor parents. That means we should be also enacting policies which protect children from the influence of their criminal families. Should we kill them, sentence them to reeducation labor camps to eliminate their criminal leanings?

What if they are later proven innocent or not guilty?" If that's what you're worried about then you should be opposed to the death penalty in states which have it. But even for the states that don't have it your comment is pointless because there are people who go to jail for 20 years and later found to be innocent. You can't give those people back those 20 year nor can you do anything about the people that have been sterilized. You can't end the entire penal system because there are some times mistakes all you can do is say sorry we screwed up and move on.

I found the problem: you're stupid.


Just an 02er.

Profanity
Profanity
  • Member since: Dec. 16, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Forced sterilization for Criminals 2013-11-18 17:37:07 Reply

At 11/18/13 02:08 PM, poxpower wrote:
At 11/18/13 01:44 PM, Profanity wrote: Which crimes?
Is that an argument or a question? lol

This is a debate forum: it is what anyone makes of it.

OP is a tardball though. He needs an advocate & role model.


Just an 02er.

Entice
Entice
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Forced sterilization for Criminals 2013-11-18 18:23:22 Reply

At 11/18/13 05:17 PM, poxpower wrote: This isn't really what the discussion is about.
I haven't gone in-depth and studied exactly on who and to what extend this should be implemented.

But isn't that part of what this discussion is about?

A statement as broad as "criminals are not fit to be parents" definitely demands some clarification, which raises questions on precisely those topics.

Rome-forger
Rome-forger
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Forced sterilization for Criminals 2013-11-18 21:53:48 Reply

Is anyone going to actually come up with a reason why a sterilization program for criminals is a bad idea or are you all just going to call me stupid over and over again? Seriously just calling someone stupid or tardball is about at the level of a 4 year old having a debate.

Profanity
Profanity
  • Member since: Dec. 16, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Forced sterilization for Criminals 2013-11-18 21:59:37 Reply

At 11/18/13 09:53 PM, Rome-forger wrote: Is anyone going to actually come up with a reason why a sterilization program for criminals is a bad idea or are you all just going to call me stupid over and over again? Seriously just calling someone stupid or tardball is about at the level of a 4 year old having a debate.

It's difficult to take you seriously when you mix up homophones and misspell so many words.

It's a bad idea because you have not made persuasive arguments. It's a worse idea because it has inherent flaws. People who should qualify for your sterilization punishment typically would be serving life sentences anyway.


Just an 02er.

Rome-forger
Rome-forger
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Forced sterilization for Criminals 2013-11-18 23:15:58 Reply

At 11/18/13 09:59 PM, Profanity wrote:
At 11/18/13 09:53 PM, Rome-forger wrote: Is anyone going to actually come up with a reason why a sterilization program for criminals is a bad idea or are you all just going to call me stupid over and over again? Seriously just calling someone stupid or tardball is about at the level of a 4 year old having a debate.
It's difficult to take you seriously when you mix up homophones and misspell so many words.

It's a bad idea because you have not made persuasive arguments. It's a worse idea because it has inherent flaws. People who should qualify for your sterilization punishment typically would be serving life sentences anyway.

Your right I'm not a very good speller. I have what is called dyslexia so thanks a lot Jackass. Not everyone that has/had dyslexia is stupid. Some of our greatest minds throughout history had it. Alright now that we are past the childish bull shit lets start debating this like adults.

You said I did not make a persuasive arguments but I said this program would reduce crime. How is that not persuasive? You said it has inherent flaws could you explain and point out these flaws? Maybe we can come up with solutions to these flaws. Not all people who qualify for it will get life imprisonment. People who rob a store at gun point clearly qualify for it but they usually don't get life imprisonment. How about those punks who at the street far earlier this year who beat up and attacked random people just for fun. Do you honestly think those punks are getting life imprisonment. How about people who vandalize stores by braking the windows and destroys valuable property some of which is thousands of dollars. Do you honestly think these people get life imprisonment. The list goes on and on. All these people would fit under the sterilization program but usually these people just get a few years of imprisonment and then there off back on the streets terrorizing and during there brief moments out of jail they usually have sex with dumb girls that like bad boys and these girls usually get pregnant.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Forced sterilization for Criminals 2013-11-18 23:44:55 Reply

if any sort of criminal that deserves sterilization its sex offenders and sex offenders only.

Rome-forger
Rome-forger
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Forced sterilization for Criminals 2013-11-19 00:21:37 Reply

At 11/18/13 11:44 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: if any sort of criminal that deserves sterilization its sex offenders and sex offenders only.

Why only sex offenders?

JakkRunt
JakkRunt
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Forced sterilization for Criminals 2013-11-19 00:26:59 Reply

At 11/18/13 01:01 PM, Earfetish wrote: so what about if someone had a criminal record 40 years ago and has some adult children and is currently a successful businessman who hasn't been in trouble for 40 years?

What crimes warrant sterilisation? Assault on a police officer when aged 16?

Couldn't agree more. A lot of felons reach out to the youth by explaining that what ever they are angry about, it's just not worth it. Felons have a horrible time trying to find jobs and are treated like lepers despite wanting to CHANGE. Now when it comes to repeated child molesters, this guy might have a point about sterilization. Then again, would we as Americans actually degrade ourselves to the level of a narcissistic totalitarianism that punishes criminals for something they might not be able to help?

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Forced sterilization for Criminals 2013-11-19 00:28:56 Reply

At 11/19/13 12:21 AM, Rome-forger wrote:
At 11/18/13 11:44 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: if any sort of criminal that deserves sterilization its sex offenders and sex offenders only.
Why only sex offenders?

because they are the only ones who deserve they're shit to be sterilized. just sterilizing the average junkie and or assault case is not justifiable much less ethically speaking, just because you make a mistake or intentionally ommit a crime doesn't mean you deserve to be sterilized hell did you know Tim Allen is a FELON for trying smuggle Cocaine and look at him he's a model dad and a Icon to children.

Psycho666
Psycho666
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Forced sterilization for Criminals 2013-11-19 00:34:31 Reply

I'm nearly off to bed, but I had to correct some of this dumbassery before somebody thought they were smart.

The whole premise of criminality through biology is less than a half truth, a third of a truth, at best. Our genetics control the probability of certain traits being expressed under certain circumstances and only when it is also encouraged through socialization.

There have been extensive tests about this, and yes, there are specific genes linked to criminal behavior. Those same genes are linked with high achievement and leadership too, though. The differences were not biological, but psychological and social.

The genetics of criminality are subject to the influences of how one views themselves, and how others interact with with them.


BBS Signature
Rome-forger
Rome-forger
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Forced sterilization for Criminals 2013-11-19 09:38:32 Reply

To Psycho666 Did you even read any of my posts because I never claimed that gens were ever a factor. What I said is that these children have a bad role model with criminal parent/parents. I'm sure if the child was raised by good foster parents he/she would turn out all right. The best way to make sure these criminals don't have children is to sterilize them. They don't deserve children.