00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PopiSlim just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Collab: Ng Xmas Worm (work Thread)

23,253 Views | 293 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Collab: Ng Xmas Worm (work Thread) 2013-12-03 14:21:48

At 12/2/13 08:14 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
Should have the final image finished by the end of the week hopefully.
Thiiiissssss is the problem, though, since the deadline for Group B projects was about 1 hour ago.

If you can sort out your background tonight, I can pass on your WIP to somebody so that they can connect up to the wooden edge of your manger. Then the pair of you try to finish it by the end of the week.

Sorry I didn't realise that the deadline was so soon, I'll just do some final tweaks to the edges and such so that the next person can link it up then i'll make sure that none of the characters are too close to it

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Ng Xmas Worm (work Thread) 2013-12-03 15:54:59

Updated the WIP (small changes mainly such as texturing and minor details such like blood splats)
as said previously we're working on populating the center of the image with a bunch of characters and items...
the right hand wall won't change now so it should be able to be linked up to the others by someone in group C i think,
the left side of the image links to CosmicRainbow's piece

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Ng Xmas Worm (work Thread) 2013-12-03 19:05:04

Updated WIP now i have something to work with :D

its Snow, Ice and wind adding a bit of winter to the village of testobject...

i will be adding spiraly ice patterns on the chimneys and stuff. im just making sure it all lines up perfectly and color matches first... :3

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Ng Xmas Worm (work Thread) 2013-12-03 21:13:31

At 12/3/13 07:05 PM, LegolaSS wrote: Updated WIP now i have something to work with :D

its Snow, Ice and wind adding a bit of winter to the village of testobject...
i will be adding spiraly ice patterns on the chimneys and stuff. im just making sure it all lines up perfectly and color matches first... :3

DAYUM @LegolaSS, lookin' good! You've been improving like mad lately...!

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Ng Xmas Worm (work Thread) 2013-12-04 15:32:10

Aaaah i did what I could to try to finish at least both sides for today
I really need to study for the exam, if they let me I'm sure I can finish it for tonight (Argentina time zone)
I apologize =(

Response to Collab: Ng Xmas Worm (work Thread) 2013-12-04 15:52:52

At 12/4/13 03:32 PM, astranime wrote: Aaaah i did what I could to try to finish at least both sides for today
I really need to study for the exam, if they let me I'm sure I can finish it for tonight (Argentina time zone)
I apologize =(

No worries, actually if you have an exam coming I'd rather you gave your preference to that since that'll mean a lot more to you in the long run. But thanks for doing the edges, that helps a lot.

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Ng Xmas Worm (work Thread) 2013-12-04 22:40:59

Here's mine with both edges. Will be completed by friday :) I hope didn't cause no troble

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Ng Xmas Worm (work Thread) 2013-12-04 22:45:21

At 12/4/13 10:40 PM, Catoblepas wrote: Here's mine with both edges. Will be completed by friday :) I hope didn't cause no troble

That previous one had a bug on the edge.

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Ng Xmas Worm (work Thread) 2013-12-05 00:40:44

At 12/4/13 10:40 PM, Catoblepas wrote: Here's mine with both edges. Will be completed by friday :) I hope didn't cause no troble

I would like to be next to catoblepas, if it's still open :O
would i be connected to his left edge? and if so, who's right edge would i be connected to?

Response to Collab: Ng Xmas Worm (work Thread) 2013-12-05 08:26:29

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Ng Xmas Worm (work Thread) 2013-12-05 08:40:40

At 12/5/13 08:26 AM, Aigis wrote: This is it linked up with Tapersteve's.

And Catoblepas's finishes of your sea creature!

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Ng Xmas Worm (work Thread) 2013-12-05 08:48:24

At 12/5/13 08:40 AM, LegolaSS wrote:
At 12/5/13 08:26 AM, Aigis wrote: This is it linked up with Tapersteve's.
And Catoblepas's finishes of your sea creature!

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

That is pretty damn cool :)

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Ng Xmas Worm (work Thread) 2013-12-05 11:42:55

At 12/5/13 08:26 AM, Aigis wrote: Here's mine done.

This is it linked up with Tapersteve's.

This is really cool, i love the realistic style combined with your Aigis :D

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Ng Xmas Worm (work Thread) 2013-12-05 13:55:13

Thanks Mr. Pas, that'll be very handy (and I think a fair few people are looking forward to the result!)

=================
Ok, I think I should start moving ahead with Group C now. If you were in Group B and still finishing WIPs, sorry I've left you out, since I needed to hear back from you sooner.

The pairing I've organised are:
(User = Pic on left / Pic on right) (and if I mention an edge, the pic mentioned will be on that edge for YOUR pic)
@Captain-Ben = LoboF (on your left edge)
@Cloud = VaguelyWonderful (on your left edge)
@Exedor = Decky / Hyptosis
@JackDCurleo = Flowers10 (battle) / ThePsychoSheep
@J-Qb = Aigis / Sabtastic (GOOD LUCK)
@Legolass = Test-Object / ReNaeNae
@spags = Astranime (on your right edge)
@Takopako = Mabelma / Catoblepas
@Vortex00 = Flowers10 (Grinch) (on your right edge)

There's unfortunately 1 more person than I was hoping for in Group C, so I will be needing to have another pic made to link up one of the Group C's with a single edge.

===============
Deadline for Group C is slightly more generous: 18th of December @ 11:59pm GMT.
Hope you can make it!

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Ng Xmas Worm (work Thread) 2013-12-05 16:19:17

At 12/5/13 01:55 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: @Vortex00 = Flowers10 (Grinch) (on your right edge)

Just so I'm fully understanding, my left side of the image is anything/open?

Response to Collab: Ng Xmas Worm (work Thread) 2013-12-05 17:24:38

By request I've made a few tweaks on my entry since both my picture and flower's edges ended with a darkish and black color.

Response to Collab: Ng Xmas Worm (work Thread) 2013-12-05 17:36:47

@J-Qb = Aigis / Sabtastic (GOOD LUCK)

Yay, such talent

@Captain-Ben = LoboF (on your left edge)
@Cloud = VaguelyWonderful (on your left edge)
@spags = Astranime (on your right edge)
@Vortex00 = Flowers10 (Grinch) (on your right edge)
There's unfortunately 1 more person than I was hoping for in Group C, so I will be needing to have another pic made to link up one of the Group C's with a single edge.

Won't you need two? (since there's four empty edges?) or will you be doing one too?

At 12/5/13 04:19 PM, Vortex00 wrote: Just so I'm fully understanding, my left side of the image is anything/open?

For now it is open it will be connected to Captain-Ben or Cloud's right edge later. You can feel free to do with that edge whatever you want.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Ng Xmas Worm (work Thread) 2013-12-06 13:25:33

At 12/5/13 05:36 PM, J-qb wrote: Won't you need two? (since there's four empty edges?) or will you be doing one too?

... hm. My original plan was to open the Flash to an XMas Ng logo, but now I think about it, it's boring.
So yeah, two group Ds would be better. I'll need to open up the collab to some random entry, instead.

At 12/5/13 04:19 PM, Vortex00 wrote: Just so I'm fully understanding, my left side of the image is anything/open?
For now it is open it will be connected to Captain-Ben or Cloud's right edge later. You can feel free to do with that edge whatever you want.

Yup, that right.
(... Or if you want, you can collaborate with Captain-Ben* so that your two pics meet together. Otherwise I'll just join them together with another submission)

(*not cloud, otherwise you'd create 2 loops accidentally)

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Ng Xmas Worm (work Thread) 2013-12-06 13:32:17

At 12/6/13 01:25 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: I'll need to open up the collab to some random entry, instead.

i.e. When the flash opens, it's not at tapersteve's lovely pic ALL of the time.

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Ng Xmas Worm (work Thread) 2013-12-06 14:05:18

At 12/6/13 01:25 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: ... hm. My original plan was to open the Flash to an XMas Ng logo, but now I think about it, it's boring.
So yeah, two group Ds would be better. I'll need to open up the collab to some random entry, instead.

Do both. Have 2 group D's and also open it up to all the artists here to create a Xmas NG Logo and the best one 'wins' and gets their pic used as the official logo for this collab. :)

Response to Collab: Ng Xmas Worm (work Thread) 2013-12-06 14:06:41

At 12/6/13 02:05 PM, Exedor wrote: Do both. Have 2 group D's and also open it up to all the artists here to create a Xmas NG Logo and the best one 'wins' and gets their pic used as the official logo for this collab. :)

Deadline could be 1 week out, so people have time to modify their edges to match up with the logo.

Response to Collab: Ng Xmas Worm (work Thread) 2013-12-06 14:35:58

At 12/6/13 02:05 PM, Exedor wrote:
At 12/6/13 01:25 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: ... hm. My original plan was to open the Flash to an XMas Ng logo, but now I think about it, it's boring.
Do both. Have 2 group D's and also open it up to all the artists here to create a Xmas NG Logo and the best one 'wins' and gets their pic used as the official logo for this collab. :)

Hmmm I not for it. A competitive contest kind of goes against the spirit of collaboration and Christmas.

Response to Collab: Ng Xmas Worm (work Thread) 2013-12-06 14:50:21

Just finished the final exam (approved =D )
Now i´m rushing the drawing, http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/1e63a4f791d6a2c1fe60464ff7c2f4b4
That picture has the right side completed for @spags (not really finished but I will not change it)
Anyway ill finish this today

Response to Collab: Ng Xmas Worm (work Thread) 2013-12-06 21:10:48

Holy hell, it's 4AM, it's the independence day, i'm drunk, i need to sleep, but I have to draw this

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Ng Xmas Worm (work Thread) 2013-12-07 21:16:23

Dumping Grounds

Sticking a tail on it and calling it done...

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Ng Xmas Worm (work Thread) 2013-12-08 07:12:50

At 12/7/13 09:16 PM, LegolaSS wrote: Sticking a tail on it and calling it done...

But with the help of Aigis, it now has a tophat... (final version)

yes... this is different to the last picture...

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Ng Xmas Worm (work Thread) 2013-12-08 10:17:39

At 12/8/13 07:12 AM, LegolaSS wrote:
yes... this is different to the last picture...

Tonally speaking

Response to Collab: Ng Xmas Worm (work Thread) 2013-12-08 17:20:44

Just a quick update:
The friend that I was working on my piece with decided that he didn't want to draw anything else for it, but I managed to get another buddy (link to his profile)in on the project. Sorry for the delay but we should have picture done for tomorrow if all goes as planned (he just needs to send me the remaining characters and i'll add the shadows, effects and any other adjustments that are needed)

Below is a more recent WIP:
(The person i'm working with shall finish the remaining characters for tomorrow. Then i'll be able to populate it with extra effects, such as adding all the shadows, and add any photo manipulated characters or objects. After that hopefully it shall be fit for being part of this project)

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Ng Xmas Worm (work Thread) 2013-12-08 17:23:29

It has to be said that with the number of pieces finished now I can see this being one of the great flashes of this Christmas and I'm already proud to be a part of it.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Ng Xmas Worm (work Thread) 2013-12-09 23:33:13

DUMPING GROUNDS

Here's my part finished. I hope it blends in smoothly.

BBS Signature