New Topic Respond to this Topic
Peony
Peony
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Best.Worst: Games to be sucked into Nov. 9th, 2013 @ 10:15 PM Reply

You've heard this plot before: teenager gets sucked into his or her favorite video game and has to beat the game in order to escape.

What would be the best, and the worst, video game for you to get sucked into? With or without pre-existing mastery of said game.

I would punch him in the face.

Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Best.Worst: Games to be sucked into Nov. 9th, 2013 @ 11:01 PM Reply

I'm just gonna make a list of games I had to beat before I stopped playing them.

L.A. Noire
Mass Effect 2
Uncharted 1 & 2
Batman Arkham Asylum & City
Sleeping Dogs
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Journey
Assassin's Creed Series
Skyrim

Steam | Letterboxd | Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to Best.Worst: Games to be sucked into Nov. 9th, 2013 @ 11:38 PM Reply

Worst: Littlebigplanet
You'll spend over a hundred hours trying to make an awesomely intricate level. Provided your level doesn't magically get corrupted and you have to start again from scratch, when you finally publish it, it will more than likely get ignored in favor of HEART4HEART BOMB SURVIVAL CUTE EMO COSTUME GIVEAWAY. The only chance of your level ever getting noticed is if some popular creator likes it.

BBS Signature
TheMajormel
TheMajormel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Game Developer
Response to Best.Worst: Games to be sucked into Nov. 10th, 2013 @ 12:04 AM Reply

At 11/9/13 11:38 PM, Chdonga wrote: Worst: Littlebigplanet

fucking this

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Best.Worst: Games to be sucked into Nov. 10th, 2013 @ 01:15 AM Reply

I'll make a list of ones I can't get into now. Some of these may be great games but getting into them is hard or just impossible.

Brutal Legend
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Bioshock
The Saboteur
Call of Juarez: Bound In Blood
Brothers In Arms: Hells Highway

One other amazingly immersive game is Max Payne 3.

BBS Signature
Splats
Splats
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Movie Buff
Response to Best.Worst: Games to be sucked into Nov. 10th, 2013 @ 06:50 AM Reply

At 11/10/13 01:15 AM, J-Rex wrote: Deus Ex: Human Revolution

I don't quite understand you, I'm afraid, are you saying you can't get into DXHR? Because you should, it's one of the best reboot-ish games of the past decades imo. Really gets you going after the first boss though (although the bosses suck balls), so hang in there if it doesn't look like all that much at the start.

kmau
kmau
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Animator
Response to Best.Worst: Games to be sucked into Nov. 10th, 2013 @ 07:16 AM Reply

I think OP means literally getting sucked into a game world, not being immersed / addicted.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to Best.Worst: Games to be sucked into Nov. 10th, 2013 @ 07:18 AM Reply

You guys didn't read OP.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Asandir
Asandir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Gamer
Response to Best.Worst: Games to be sucked into Nov. 10th, 2013 @ 07:55 AM Reply

At 11/9/13 10:15 PM, Peony wrote: You've heard this plot before: teenager gets sucked into his or her favorite video game and has to beat the game in order to escape.

What would be the best, and the worst, video game for you to get sucked into? With or without pre-existing mastery of said game.

Well. I think that the Pokémon world would be pretty cool to live in, rasing your own Pokémon and all that stuff. Also a rather peaceful world, aside from evil Teams like Team Rocket. Casually playing through is also rather easy, if you wish to leave that is. It wouldn't be the worst destiny to be stuck in the Pokémon world.

Worst would be anything from a Horror game. Being stuck in Silent Hill for instance sounds absolutely terrifying. Aside from that, games that are just endless and thus can't be beaten would be a disaster. Stuff like Doodle jump for example - jumping up and up for all eternity. Sigh.

At 11/10/13 07:18 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: You guys didn't read OP.

I did, you're welcome <3

Without truth, there is no justice.
Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users
Portal and Icon moderator

BBS Signature
Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to Best.Worst: Games to be sucked into Nov. 10th, 2013 @ 10:13 AM Reply

At 11/10/13 07:18 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: You guys didn't read OP.

Assuming the person would turn into a sackboy, he would forget about beating the campaign and spend hours making a level.

If he stayed human he would die in the tutorial.

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Best.Worst: Games to be sucked into Nov. 10th, 2013 @ 12:31 PM Reply

At 11/10/13 06:50 AM, Splats wrote: I don't quite understand you, I'm afraid, are you saying you can't get into DXHR? Because you should, it's one of the best reboot-ish games of the past decades imo. Really gets you going after the first boss though (although the bosses suck balls), so hang in there if it doesn't look like all that much at the start.

I just couldn't get into that game at all. I got considerably far in it and just couldn't enjoy myself.

BBS Signature
Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Best.Worst: Games to be sucked into Nov. 10th, 2013 @ 02:12 PM Reply

Demons Souls, good luck with that.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Best.Worst: Games to be sucked into Nov. 10th, 2013 @ 02:36 PM Reply

At 11/9/13 11:38 PM, Chdonga wrote: HEART4HEART BOMB SURVIVAL CUTE EMO COSTUME GIVEAWAY. The only chance of your level ever getting noticed is if some popular creator likes it.

I second this behind themajornel. Also about 80% of NES games.

It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus!-///You shall watch and you shall like.

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Best.Worst: Games to be sucked into Nov. 10th, 2013 @ 02:39 PM Reply

I'm seeing what the OP means now. Well I guess I'll make a proper list now.

Best Worlds To Get Sucked Into
Grand Theft Auto Series - You can do anything and if you die you just respawn at a hospital.
Animal Crossing Series - A simple, yet fun existence. (You're also a Mayor in the new one.)
Ed, Edd, N Eddy The Mis-Edventures - You get to hang out with all the people from the show so it would be amazing.
Scribblenauts - You have the power to get almost anything you want by typing the name of it up.
Pokemon - I don't even need to explain this.
Final Fantasy Series - The worlds those games are set in are just cool.
Psychonauts - You're a psychic soldier.

Worst Worlds To Get Sucked Into
Mass Effect Series - Reapers, Geth, and Seran. (Seran was the main antagonist in ME1 right?)
Warhammer 40,000 Series - Self explanatory.
Resident Evil Series - Zombies and Zombie like enemies everywhere.
Skyrim - You have to fight dragons, trolls, guards, orcs, and a bunch of other people all the time.
Darksiders - Gods and stuff destroying mankind.
Infamous Series - You get awesome powers but then have to fight all these gangs.
XCOM Series - Aliens everywhere.

Worlds That Suck But Are Also Kinda Cool
Brutal Legend - A Metalhead's dream, except there is a lot of stuff out there that wants to kill you.
L.A. Noire - Awesome location and time but all those people who would try killing you for being a good cop.
Sleeping Dogs - An undercover cop in China who joins the Triads, Cool! But you have to be a good cop and not so good Triad so juggling those two might be hard.
Hitman: Absolution - You're a deadly assassin who goes rogue, meaning you have deadly assassins chasing you down and that sucks for you.
Hotline Miami - You're a killer in the 80's? Awesome! But wait you get murdered super duper easily.
Shadow Of The Colossus - You can kill Colossi but you have to kill Colossi so yeah.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Best.Worst: Games to be sucked into Nov. 10th, 2013 @ 07:13 PM Reply

At 11/10/13 02:39 PM, J-Rex wrote: Best Worlds To Get Sucked Into
Animal Crossing Series - A simple, yet fun existence. (You're also a Mayor in the new one.)

Seriously? Getting stuck in Animal Crossing would be a terrible nightmare to me. Trapped in a 50m² world with talking animals that say the same lines to you for years and years. And the game doesn't have much of a goal, so I wouldn't even know how to get out.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 12 July 2014)

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Best.Worst: Games to be sucked into Nov. 10th, 2013 @ 07:24 PM Reply

At 11/10/13 07:13 PM, Auz wrote: Seriously? Getting stuck in Animal Crossing would be a terrible nightmare to me. Trapped in a 50m² world with talking animals that say the same lines to you for years and years. And the game doesn't have much of a goal, so I wouldn't even know how to get out.

I guess there's two kinds of people.

BBS Signature
VoidForce
VoidForce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to Best.Worst: Games to be sucked into Nov. 10th, 2013 @ 07:37 PM Reply

At 11/10/13 07:13 PM, Auz wrote:
At 11/10/13 02:39 PM, J-Rex wrote: Best Worlds To Get Sucked Into
Seriously? Getting stuck in Animal Crossing would be a terrible nightmare to me. Trapped in a 50m² world with talking animals that say the same lines to you for years and years. And the game doesn't have much of a goal, so I wouldn't even know how to get out.

That would drive me crazy too.

I've always wondered what a zombie apocalypse or even general post-apocalyptic world would be like so maybe the RE1/2/3 world as long as it doesn't go beyond those games. Fallout would be potentially cool, but would be guaranteed to result in a premature death.

So I guess that they'd both be bad worlds to get sucked into, but certainly a cool experience while it lasted. Not sure it'd be worth it.

MistaBuck
MistaBuck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to Best.Worst: Games to be sucked into Nov. 10th, 2013 @ 08:31 PM Reply

BEST: Pokemon
WORST: Pokemon

BBS Signature
SneakyGameBoy
SneakyGameBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Best.Worst: Games to be sucked into Nov. 10th, 2013 @ 10:49 PM Reply

I would say Shadow Of The Colossus. I recently played the game for the nostalgia and I realized how much it would suck for you to climb on those gigantic monsters, risking you to fall and die 50 stories high.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature
MikamiFan92
MikamiFan92
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Best.Worst: Games to be sucked into Nov. 11th, 2013 @ 01:00 AM Reply

Even though I could choose a game that I would be a shoo-in to succeed in, I think I would take a risk and choose The Binding of Isaac.

Best.Worst: Games to be sucked into

TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Best.Worst: Games to be sucked into Nov. 11th, 2013 @ 01:08 AM Reply

At 11/10/13 02:12 PM, Quinny wrote: Demons Souls, good luck with that.

I don't know if that would be all that bad. Assuming you just return to the nexus whenever you die. And even then I could just cheese all the bosses.

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner
GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Best.Worst: Games to be sucked into Nov. 11th, 2013 @ 01:11 AM Reply

I'd say the worst world to get sucked into is the world of an old arcade game like Pac-Man, because they're so simple and abstract that being forced to live in them would be a hell of boredom

The best would be GTA, it's just like the real world but if you get in trouble with the cops you're fine so long as you drive away fast enough lol, cause apparently there's no such thing as "evidence" or "license plates"

At 11/10/13 02:39 PM, J-Rex wrote: Skyrim - You have to fight dragons, trolls, guards, orcs, and a bunch of other people all the time.

Well technically you don't have to, if I survived the dragon fuckin up that town at the beginning I'd run the nearest town to live out the rest of my days in peace and let someone else save the world lol

MidiPour
MidiPour
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Best.Worst: Games to be sucked into Nov. 11th, 2013 @ 12:27 PM Reply

Best:
Super Mario Galaxy 2
The Walking Dead

Worst: (I love these game, it's the difficulty that makes them 'worst')
Dark Souls
Hotline Miami
Fez
Fire Emblem Awakening

Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Best.Worst: Games to be sucked into Nov. 11th, 2013 @ 12:34 PM Reply

At 11/11/13 12:27 PM, MidiPour wrote: Best:
Super Mario Galaxy 2
The Walking Dead

Dark Souls
Hotline Miami
Fez
Fire Emblem Awakening

Why would you want to be in The Walking Dead universe? I'm sure it would be fun for a little bit until you know zombies came out and attacked you. Also why is the Fez universe a bad place to live in?

BBS Signature
MidiPour
MidiPour
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Best.Worst: Games to be sucked into Nov. 11th, 2013 @ 12:43 PM Reply

At 11/11/13 12:34 PM, J-Rex wrote:
At 11/11/13 12:27 PM, MidiPour wrote: Best:
Super Mario Galaxy 2
The Walking Dead

Dark Souls
Hotline Miami
Fez
Fire Emblem Awakening
Why would you want to be in The Walking Dead universe? I'm sure it would be fun for a little bit until you know zombies came out and attacked you. Also why is the Fez universe a bad place to live in?

The Walking Dead - I guess it would've been the quintessential zombie apocalypse game to be, but then again, I probably wouldn't make it out alive. Probably better off going with The Last of Us, but I dislike Joel.

Fez - You'll get a headache from rotating the world, and also I always have the insignificant feeling from that game (ending spoilers), but it's unlike this reality, just the ending left that feels.

Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Best.Worst: Games to be sucked into Nov. 11th, 2013 @ 12:51 PM Reply

At 11/11/13 12:43 PM, MidiPour wrote: The Walking Dead - I guess it would've been the quintessential zombie apocalypse game to be, but then again, I probably wouldn't make it out alive. Probably better off going with The Last of Us, but I dislike Joel.

I think The Last Of Us might be harder since in The Walking Dead the zombies don't really run or get super physical.

Fez - You'll get a headache from rotating the world, and also I always have the insignificant feeling from that game (ending spoilers), but it's unlike this reality, just the ending left that feels.

I see your point, I guess I wouldn't want to live in the Fez world either looking at it that way.

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to Best.Worst: Games to be sucked into Nov. 11th, 2013 @ 12:52 PM Reply

Best games to get Sucked into -
Digimon
Pokemon
Resident Evil
Kingdom Hearts

Worst Games to get Sucked into -
Silent Hill
LSD : Dream Simulator

<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #10 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Best.Worst: Games to be sucked into Nov. 11th, 2013 @ 12:57 PM Reply

At 11/11/13 12:52 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Best games to get Sucked into -
Digimon
Pokemon
Resident Evil
Kingdom Hearts

I didn't even think of Digimon. That would an awesome world to live in!

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to Best.Worst: Games to be sucked into Nov. 11th, 2013 @ 12:59 PM Reply

At 11/11/13 12:57 PM, J-Rex wrote:
At 11/11/13 12:52 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Best games to get Sucked into -
Digimon
Pokemon
Resident Evil
Kingdom Hearts
I didn't even think of Digimon. That would an awesome world to live in!

Wargreymon, Renamon, Paildramon, and so many other good Digimon. Not to mention the Gatomon evolution line.

<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #10 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
Little-Kinky
Little-Kinky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Writer
Response to Best.Worst: Games to be sucked into Nov. 11th, 2013 @ 05:37 PM Reply

At 11/10/13 01:15 AM, J-Rex wrote: Brutal Legend

A bunch of people in my school claim this was an awesome game. I played it for, like, an hour. Couldn't get into it. If I had to beat it in order to go on with my life, I THINK I'd die.

Life is a party.
You are not invited.

BBS Signature