New Topic Respond to this Topic
TicTackLock
TicTackLock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
anyone know where t Chiptune vst's? Nov. 8th, 2013 @ 08:09 PM Reply

Im looking for chiptune vst's to do some chiptunes of my own and if anyone know some id like to know please.

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to anyone know where t Chiptune vst's? Nov. 9th, 2013 @ 12:23 AM Reply

medusa 2 is probably the best free one on that list

p.s. i am gay

johnfn
johnfn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to anyone know where t Chiptune vst's? Nov. 9th, 2013 @ 12:36 AM Reply

If you use FL Studio then this is a godsend.

[6,11,4,10,2,10,-68,5,15,-68,16,4 ,1,-68,-2,1,15,16,-67].map(function(v){ return String.fromCharCode(v + 100) }).join(""); // updated for web 2.0!

BBS Signature
sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to anyone know where t Chiptune vst's? Nov. 9th, 2013 @ 02:07 AM Reply

Commodore 64 from here: http://delamanchavst.wordpress.com/instruments/
Bleep and Lo-Fizer from here: http://tonebytes.com/freebies/ CAREFUL WHILE INSTALLING !!! it's free but add supported, so it will ask to install some shitty search bar, just uncheck those. Read what you do, don't just go automatically.

stunkel
stunkel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to anyone know where t Chiptune vst's? Nov. 9th, 2013 @ 03:30 AM Reply

Here is a good free one! Magical 8-bit

Check out my pages!
Soundcloud Youtube Twitter Facebook

TicTackLock
TicTackLock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to anyone know where t Chiptune vst's? Nov. 10th, 2013 @ 10:28 PM Reply

At 11/9/13 03:30 AM, stunkel wrote: Here is a good free one! Magical 8-bit

Thank you, all of you :D

wulfsok
wulfsok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to anyone know where t Chiptune vst's? Nov. 16th, 2013 @ 12:04 AM Reply

Hahaha I totally sample my .org works for chiptunes or even waveforms. Orgmaker came with cave story hehe

chrisn3901
chrisn3901
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to anyone know where t Chiptune vst's? Nov. 21st, 2013 @ 08:04 PM Reply

At 11/8/13 08:09 PM, TicTackLock wrote: Im looking for chiptune vst's to do some chiptunes of my own and if anyone know some id like to know please.

http://www.plogue.com/products/chipsounds/

Chiptune VST

http://www.u-he.com/cms/zebra

This is a synth that has every waveform of synthesis and it allows you to create your own synth from scratch starting with adding oscillators and making your own waveforms........

ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to anyone know where t Chiptune vst's? Nov. 29th, 2013 @ 08:09 PM Reply

I've been doing a lot of experimenting with creating my own sounds, I'd recommend it if you're adventurous enough - it's a great feeling to create something entirely your own. Great suggestions in this thread though, might use some myself.

Most recent release: [ Stephanie ]

BBS Signature
TicTackLock
TicTackLock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to anyone know where t Chiptune vst's? Nov. 30th, 2013 @ 10:13 AM Reply

At 11/29/13 08:09 PM, ObsidianSnow wrote: I've been doing a lot of experimenting with creating my own sounds, I'd recommend it if you're adventurous enough - it's a great feeling to create something entirely your own. Great suggestions in this thread though, might use some myself.

How do you make your own sounds? iv'e been wondering for a while now...?

ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to anyone know where t Chiptune vst's? Nov. 30th, 2013 @ 03:00 PM Reply

At 11/30/13 10:13 AM, TicTackLock wrote: How do you make your own sounds? iv'e been wondering for a while now...?

It depends what software you're using, and what kind of sounds you're going for. I primarily use Reason for this, mostly because I'm personally more comfortable in that environment than any other DAW. This series of videos does a good job of covering the fundamental concepts for synths: Link

If you're wanting to create a patch using your own recordings, I can only tell you how to do that in Reason, as I haven't tried it with any others. This is fairly simple: the NN-XT is built for pretty much this exact task - but the patches it makes only work on that device. I've used it to create some weird things, including a choir patch using only files of myself singing, and an attempt at making a patch made entirely out of cat sounds.

If you want to make your own VSTs to share, well. That's something I haven't done before.

Most recent release: [ Stephanie ]

BBS Signature
Ecke
Ecke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Audiophile
Response to anyone know where t Chiptune vst's? Dec. 1st, 2013 @ 06:48 AM Reply

Take any solid note synth, make it mono and crush it to 8x, then up to stereo. Hit and miss, but usually works and doesn't sound like typical chiptune stuff.

/ Accomplishments: first 1000 comment news post.
/ عثكغ ʘⒺⒸⓀⒺʘ

BBS Signature
SoundChris
SoundChris
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to anyone know where t Chiptune vst's? Dec. 3rd, 2013 @ 02:56 PM Reply

Plogue Chipsounds