New Topic Respond to this Topic
MrRivux
MrRivux
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Looking for Dubstep Musicians Nov. 7th, 2013 @ 03:35 AM Reply

Hey there Ng, My Topic basically says it all, I am looking for Dubstep Musicians because well i want to learn how to make dubstep. I Use Fl studio as 11 as my DAW and well for dubstep i just recently bought NI Massive. I feel that ive only scratched the surface of how to make dubstep but all im really asking is to have someone take me under their wing and be willing to teach me the ways. I have no money but i am following my dream. All i ask is for some help
You can contact me via skype loganhood1

Thanks for your time

(P.S.) For age purposes i am 20 years old

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Musician
Response to Looking for Dubstep Musicians Nov. 7th, 2013 @ 12:32 PM Reply

Feel free to contact any of these people...

also...

Here are some useful links.

- Here is a link to some Audio Resources.

- Non production discussions and chit-chat welcome in The Audio Lounge.

- Collab Forum

- Collabinator

AeroMusic
AeroMusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Looking for Dubstep Musicians Nov. 7th, 2013 @ 03:17 PM Reply

At 11/7/13 03:35 AM, MrRivux wrote: Hey there Ng, My Topic basically says it all, I am looking for Dubstep Musicians because well i want to learn how to make dubstep. I Use Fl studio as 11 as my DAW and well for dubstep i just recently bought NI Massive. I feel that ive only scratched the surface of how to make dubstep but all im really asking is to have someone take me under their wing and be willing to teach me the ways. I have no money but i am following my dream. All i ask is for some help
You can contact me via skype loganhood1

Thanks for your time

(P.S.) For age purposes i am 20 years old

First of all, good luck finding someone to help you - although you should really start that yourself and ask specific questions to people (or in the forum!) and I'm sure people will be glad to help.

Now I'm no dubstep artist, but I know a few basic things. Having FL Studio and Massive is a great start - what I've found out is that being a wizard at massive is the best thing. But you should search some tutorials on youtube on how to make "dubstep basses" and wobbles etc.
This then depends on what type of dubstep you want to make, they're many different styles and subgenres to make.
and this all depends on how much you know and what you can do :P I don't wanna patronise you with the basics of dubstep but PM me or feel free to make more specific threads.

also, the links given by the severelydamageddeck are really helpful

Jewelz123
Jewelz123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Looking for Dubstep Musicians Nov. 10th, 2013 @ 07:00 PM Reply

I don't usually have much time on my hands so don't expect much but I'll try and help out from time to time! :)

wulfsok
wulfsok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Looking for Dubstep Musicians Nov. 15th, 2013 @ 06:09 PM Reply

I've used fl with ni massive and sylenth for dubstep, and will never go back. Ableton either, my dubstep from those daws are mediocre at best. No originality, and learning massive for your first synth is a bad idea, lest you get stuck in the preset loop.

I've switched to reason with all the propeller head synths under the hood, and rex looping. Made my dubstep sound like actual dubstep. The malström is incredibly easy to learn and automate, and I typically use malström for my wobble and growl basses. CV routing in reason is fantastic as well.

best advice I can give is don't do what I did and jump into production without reading the daw manual and watching a few tuts. Make 10 songs that you are not going to upload to practice, and then once you hit the mastering phase be prepared for many nooby headaches. Professional sounding masters are an art in itself.

also I hate to say it but don't upload your dubstep to Ng until you are bigger, you'll probably get your music downvoted without having friends here first.