00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anyone Looking For A Game Designer?

739 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hi there!

I have practiced game designing for many many years now. In the darkness I have fine-tuned my methods which stem primarily from retro gaming, and pulling it through to our modern day.

But I am extremely tired with the darkness, and now want to actually put myself out there. I have fully designed well over 60 projects, all of which seem too ambitious at this current time, so I'm looking to invest time into a shortish game with a lot to it... if that makes any sense.

Working professionally as a 3D Artist, I could potentially provide sprites if necessary, I am highly experienced in character design, and have had a hand in some mild forms of programming myself, therefore when I plan a video game, I ensure to minimize unnecessary stress on the programmer - hopefully resulting in a very fun, relaxed and enjoyable process.

My methods of planning are simple: A spreadsheet to contain levels, enemies, bosses and doodads, and a word document containing the full script. Traditionally the scripts feature a narrator, but being a voice actor myself that shouldn't be a problem. - The script's beginning features necessities such as controls, how-to-play and even narration for explaining how to play.

As rigid as this seems, we would be in it together, so conversation about changing things, or getting around things too difficult or strenuous would be no problem.

PM me whenever you want, show me some stuff that you've made, or at least tell me what you can do, and we'll go from there. I like my story-lines, but I make them to suit the size of the game. I'm not going to fart out an entire bible for a 2 second click'n'splat ;)

My favourite games to write for are Platformers, Tower Defense & Top-Down Shooters, but I'm totally willing to give other types of games a go too.

I have some high hopes that what we could make together could do really well for both of us.

Take care, hear from you soon.

- Doctor Slam.

Response to Anyone Looking For A Game Designer? 2013-11-04 17:54:12

I wasn't really planning on working with a lot of people for this project, but I just found your offer so inviting that I decided to go ahead.
At the moment I'm making an RPG-platforming game about pokemon. I'm not the most experienced programmer, and I use stencil to make games. I do have two games up on my page, so you can see what I've previously done.
If you're interested I'd like to work with someone such as yourself.

Response to Anyone Looking For A Game Designer? 2013-11-11 07:03:42

Hi, I'm also looking for a game designer. I'm Working on a game called Rotorsnake 2, (see picture). I need a splash screen for the game. I have a rough idea for a simple storyline, but need a Way to display the story (Cartoon style could be Nice) I also use Stencyl to creat my games. I'm also looking for Beta testers, so let me know if you want me to add you ;)

Response to Anyone Looking For A Game Designer? 2013-11-11 16:30:09

go to www.syndicate.makesnoise.com and go to shows and gaming. the info is on the sites forum but we wanna make an show and a game and we would love to hire you for even real cash.

Response to Anyone Looking For A Game Designer? 2013-11-11 17:28:09

Well, Doctor Slam,

We are looking for a game designer but for entirely different reasons.

The animation production company that I work with are building a RPG-styled machinima about the collapse of the world currencies.
In this satire-drama, we will be making fun of the mechanisms of RPGs while also telling a memorable story.

I would love to hear more about you.

- Evan Wilder

Response to Anyone Looking For A Game Designer? 2013-11-15 20:21:08

ZEGATO DONT HAVE ANY CASH