00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lbkush just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Lazy Effect machinima

5,455 Views | 48 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Lazy Effect machinima 2014-08-15 13:04:00

The two Sheps have been cast but alas, a suitable audition for Alt.Kelly is nowhere to be found! Voice actresses, unite!

Mods, I saw that you may not advertise for your own forum or website, so I figured linking to the work itself is allowed. If I'm wrong, let me know and I'll remove the link for the latest episode two lines down;)

New note: now still, STILL hiring one extra for now! The last role of Kelly!

The Lazy Effect

Fourth roll-call PART 4: voice actors recruitment

Extending the deadline due to lack of auditions for most roles!

The fandom for this non-profit machinima is that of Mass Effect, but really anyone can enjoy it (if it's your kind of humor).

The Lazy Effect is about an odd guy named Lazy who discovers he can't die. At least, not permanently. What follows is a series of wacky adventures shown through machinima and quirky voice acting.

The trailer can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tBaVnkExbk

And check out my account/channel that posted it to see the 11 episodes that have been made so far (9 with people from this very forum!)

Think this is some rookie's very bad mass effect parody? Think again! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaEAcydESTw&list=UUUcYN4JbnvU4QheMCZyoF1Q

Well, if you compare it to the professionally made games... that's not really fair, is it?

One-episode role: Alt.Kelly (for an alternate universe episode)
Note: flirtatious and very friendly + in a casual relationship with Alt.Lazy who is charming, but distant and a workaholic

Alt.Kelly (professional, for a flirtatious individual like herself): The Illusive Man has requested an audience with you, Captain.

Alt.Lazy (warmer): Very well. Miss Gates, the bridge is yours.

Later, when Kelly is lying with Lazy.

Alt.Lazy (warm, yet distant): Let’s see how the Shepards are doing…

Alt.Kelly (thinking it was just gonna be them cuddling): Ehm, okay…

Alt.Lazy (explaining): That’s the signal. The swap has been successful.

Alt.Kelly (romantic): Seems like they’re doing fine without you. Now we can…

Alt.Lazy (ignoring her): I have to check if Liara notices the change, then they have to slip her the cocktail and...

Alt.Kelly (disappointed): I’ll just go. Seems you have more important things on your mind… *leaves*

Note: Any machinima actors are also welcome, as are people with other certain skills (to be able to machinima act for the series requires owning one or more of the games and downloading MSI Afterburner to record things in the games I can't).

Any audio-only format that can be used in Windows Movie Maker and has a decent size for its length will be accepted, though be sure the quality is high enough, otherwise we can’t hear how good you are.

Send your audition along with your forum name to: InventorOfTheBizarreProductions@hotmail.com (and please mention what forum you're from and with what name you wish to be credited).

Deadline: 20th of September. Your audition, if you are accepted, also counts as your actual lines for the episode, because of the one-time nature.

Response to The Lazy Effect machinima 2014-09-26 08:44:05

The ultimate deadline for Alt.Kelly is now the 15th of October! Wait longer than that and I will already be busy editing in her lines in Episode 15 which airs the 24th of October!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX425N5Jzxc&index=14&list=PLjTQze8cMwHzJMbZ-mlfNskqw_l1r0OFm

Episode 13 comes around and new ones will keep coming around every two weeks until we finish with Episode 28, our big finale!

I especially like to thank the people of Newgrounds for the wonderful music we asked permission to use and Necromorphiliac who joined our crew!

Response to The Lazy Effect machinima 2014-09-26 11:07:34

At 11/2/13 06:29 AM, InventorOfTheBizarre wrote: The Lazy Effect
Continuing this in my next post.

Still need any voice actress's?

Response to The Lazy Effect machinima 2014-09-27 11:50:58

At 9/26/14 11:07 AM, SailorSilverStar wrote:
At 11/2/13 06:29 AM, InventorOfTheBizarre wrote: The Lazy Effect
Continuing this in my next post.
Still need any voice actress's?

Definitely! You'll find Alt.Kelly's lines in the first post on the second page of this topic along with the deadline and the e-mail address to send your audition too^^ The best of luck! If you have any questions, let me know!

Response to The Lazy Effect machinima 2014-09-27 16:31:01

At 9/27/14 11:50 AM, InventorOfTheBizarre wrote:

Definitely! You'll find Alt.Kelly's lines in the first post on the second page of this topic along with the deadline and the e-mail address to send your audition too^^ The best of luck! If you have any questions, let me know!

Thank you! Done and sent on over ^_^

Response to The Lazy Effect machinima 2014-10-10 06:19:43

Response to The Lazy Effect machinima 2014-10-17 03:42:44

Alt.Kelly2 has been cast and will appear in Episode 15 soon! I'd like to thank every forum and its members for helping me realise this series so far^^

No roles for now, though I'll be back with new ones as I write the last episodes (Working on Episode 18-19-20, possible inclusion of new characters).

The upload train's gonna go on straight to the finale, Episode 28:)

Attention everyone! We are currently looking for a replacement VA for Shade Freude. Who is Shade you ask?

Shade Freude- Needy, narcissistic, has little appreciation for what he has (biotic talents, friends, attention, possessions), sticks to the most successful people only to hate them.

His voice is just the right balance between sounding whiny, witty and envious of everyone. He had to be subtle, lest he sound too whiny and annoying (and thus not likeable), but he also had to have the biting wit that makes you notice his humorous comments in between conversations he tried to steer, in vain.

He is a fun main character (expect lots of lines!) who was voiced by the incredible Mike Hall. As sad as we are he can't voice Shade anymore after episode 17, we wish him the best of luck on going big! And yet, I can't let Shade go (partly because he's effectively immortal).

So! I offer to any auditioning VAs the role of Shade. I must warn you, we have a bi-weekly upload schedule that we try very much to adhere to (it doesn't work out every time, but hey we try). Also note that if you record all the lines, you are covered for episode 18, which will be uploaded 2 weeks after the deadline. I will make sure I notify you if you've been selected and will also send along the script for the episodes after episode 18 so you can record a buffer of lines, in case you can't record at certain times.

When auditioning you can go pick between two routes or give both a try: one is doing the lines that will follow in a way you think fits the character description of Shade and his lines. The other is emulating the Shade voice that Mike did. A mixture of both routes is also possible, since I'll pick the audition that sounds best to me, regardless of how much it sounds like Shade's original voice. Gotta give Mike some props for doing such a wonderful job though, so here are the links, whatever you guys decide (and sorry, I don't see a better way to get you to hear the Shade voice and on his own without his co-stars, it doesn't sound the same, you know?):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kom7PPI1o78&list=UUUcYN4JbnvU4QheMCZyoF1Q
Episode 14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX425N5Jzxc&index=3&list=UUUcYN4JbnvU4QheMCZyoF1Q
Episode 13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQqA82sCplo&list=UUUcYN4JbnvU4QheMCZyoF1Q&index=4
Episode 12

And here is the script of Episode 18 which also neatly explains any voice change. We will thank Mike for all his great performances, but we'll also welcome your (future) work.

Shade (muttering; note: pronounce it so people can’t really understand what he’s saying): Son of a b*tch, you f*cked up my throat!

Naeli (concerned): What happened?

Lazy (bashful): I might’ve, accidentally… shot him in the throat.

Shade (still muttering): I will f*cking kill you!

Naeli (very moved by seeing her home again): We’re here, the flotilla!

Shade (deadpan): Yep and they’re getting blown to bits.

Phenton (professional, noting, urgently): Get us out of here, we’re not the Normandy with their nifty stealth drives!

Shade (muttering like a child not getting the best toy): Sure would’ve beaten this bucket of bolts…

Thomas (insulted, though emphasis on it being ‘his’ ship): Hey, I worked hard to steal my ship!

Shade (irking Thomas with Shade handling ‘his’ possession): Oh well, however it seems my hands are handling your ship.

Lazy (practically begging): Please just get us out of here, preferably now!

Shade (confident): Sure thing. Hold on. Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace!

(accompanied by the cockpit scene going 360 and other malarkey)

Lazy, Naeli, Thomas, Phenton: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! (or any screaming that fits your voice)

Shade (ecstatic, then saddened): Wahoooo! *beat* Oh, it’s already over.

Naeli (gesturing): Dock there and put me on comms.

Shade (faux charming): Sure thing honey, whatever you want.

(about Lazy doing something insane to go along with his slave girl)

Thomas (noting in a mocking fashion): And you’d do anything to protect your slave girl, right? Come to think of it… *curious* Shade aren’t you coming?

Shade: Heh, I’d do a lot, but not that. I’m not insane.

Asura (treating him like he’s an idiot, while she sounds like a trigger-happy sadist): Nah Illusive wuss, the pod can’t apply the necessary force to break bones, plus try to break a dead man’s bones, that’s so tedious! And besides, this is way more fun, thanks again for drugging me! *snaps other leg*

Lazy (manly screams): Aaaaaaaaaaaaah-ahahaha-aaaahw!

Thomas (amazed): So many full sentences one after the other, wow.

Shade (jabbing): You’re so easily impressed.

Thomas (jabbing right back): Yep, that’s why I keep you around.

Phenton (very serious about her work): Hm, does this look right? It looks like your leg but… (also add a few shots of Naeli’s legs at the appropriate times)

Naeli (correcting, even though Lazy’s in grueling pain): No it’s eh, quarian men have a bit of a different bent you see. *points at the quarian male costume*

Shade (gleefully taking pleasure in Lazy being the one in pain instead of him): I’m enjoying this so much.

Note: Any machinima actors are also welcome, as are people with other certain skills (to be able to machinima act for the series requires owning one or more of the games and downloading MSI Afterburner to record things in the games I can't).

Deadline: 28th of December 2014.

Response to The Lazy Effect machinima 2014-11-03 16:20:54

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtGy9tS8YyY&list=UUUcYN4JbnvU4QheMCZyoF1Q

Episode 15's up! More roles are a-coming!

Response to The Lazy Effect machinima 2014-11-03 16:41:50

Send your audition along with your forum name to: InventorOfTheBizarreProductions@hotmail.com

Sorry, forgot to put it here, just to make sure.

Response to The Lazy Effect machinima 2014-11-06 07:46:05

The deadline is the 28th of NOVEMBER, not December. Dreadfully sorry guys and gals:s Don't know why I can't edit my posts.

For skimmers:

DEADLINE

28th

NOVEMBER

ACT

NOW!

Response to The Lazy Effect machinima 2014-12-06 05:31:14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIqyOdk8XsI

The Lazy Effect Episode 16 is finally here! As for the Shade auditions, due to the delays I'm now going to select Shade's new voice. Since I'm a week late with that because of the episode's delays, I'm first going to check if the current candidates are still up for it.

Response to The Lazy Effect machinima 2014-12-19 06:24:34

New roles read on!

Fifth rollcall!

One-time role: Quarian operator (speak with a professional tone and a Russian or East European accent; the quarian voice filter will be applied by myself)

Quarian operator: Unknown ship inbound, prepare to fire!

Naeli (distressed, reciting quickly): This is Naeli’Tium nar Shellen, requesting permission to dock and help fight the geth!

Quarian operator: Please verify this, young pilgrim.

Naeli (stately, solemnly): For far too long, I have not seen my people. For far too long, I have been adrift in the empty quarters of the stars. But though I’ve never felt the touch of our homeworld’s soil, I long for my people’s embrace upon my return.

Quarian operator: Permission granted. Go to exterior docking cradle 7 at these coordinates. We embrace you Naeli’Tium and welcome home.

New side character that will appear more often as the series gets near the ending: Zaeed2, a gruff mysterious figure, that is nonetheless very protective of 'Crazy', a deranged woman that can track the guy she's obsessed with: Lazy.

Zaeed2 (cautious, yet gruff): We shouldn’t stay here for too long.

Crazy (so creepy!): Laaaaazyyyyy…

Zaeed2 (warning): Command said no contact. If the geth catch onto our presence, we’ll be dead before we can stretch a limb.

Crazy stays silent.

Zaeed2 (more caring): Did you take your injections? They make your mind clearer.

Crazy (so creepy!): They empty your head…

Zaeed2 (cryptic): Some of us would see that as an improvement. *beat* They’re moving.

Zaeed2 (observing): Their ride will be here soon. Better get on it.

Crazy (creepy confident): I’ll find him. I alwayssss track him down.

Zaeed2 (reminding): It’ll only take you a while, won’t it. Come on.

Send your audition along with your forum name to: InventorOfTheBizarreProductions@hotmail.com

[b]Deadline: 9th of January 2015.
[/b]

As a bonus, here is the new Phenton trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA6z0EBdXzE

A quick and dirty guide to what The Lazy Effect is!

Response to The Lazy Effect machinima 2015-01-12 03:48:14

The deadline has been extended to the 23rd of January. Check out the post before this one for the details.

Response to The Lazy Effect machinima 2015-03-25 06:42:03

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqZOGpnTSuM

A Lazy Effect short with an original song by anne20! Wow, just... wow, that voice!

Response to The Lazy Effect machinima 2015-06-07 12:42:27

Hello all,
I'm back one final time (for real this time; at least, for this series) to find a female VA for one last role.

The fandom for this non-profit machinima is that of Mass Effect, but really anyone can enjoy it (if it's your kind of humor).

The Lazy Effect is about an odd guy named Lazy who discovers he can't die. At least, not permanently. What follows is a series of wacky adventures shown through machinima and quirky voice acting.

The last Lazy Effect role: Maya Brooks (Spoilers ahead)

She's a henchman of the primary villainess of the Lazy Effect series. Brooks' role in the Mass Effect: Citadel DLC has been slightly changed for The Lazy Effect, featuring an alternate timeline of events because of the presence of Lazy and the Sinners and thus Brooks needs a voice actress to speak her resulting alternate lines.

There are two options: come with your own interpretation based on the lines and stage directions alone or emulate the game's VA's performance (I'll provide links for each line that isn't written by me)

You can pick one, the other or try out both. The best performance overall wins^^

General description of the character: She acts like she's a timid analyst that is very much startled by all the gunfire and violence she gets thrown into. In reality, she can take on almost any role: the hot seductress, the cold and calculated lieutenant, the sweet talker and even the seemingly clumsy analyst she introduces herself as. In other words, she's the perfect infiltrator. Lines have to be consistent in accent and overall voice, but the way her confidence and tone can change in a flash are part of the character, so focus on doing that well.

Here are the lines (Jennifer Shepard Clone is a character that was cast some time ago); scenes are as follows: link (if the line exists and i need a redub), scene with lines:)

(no link required)

Jennifer Shepard Clone (holding Brooks as a hostage): That’s enough! Drop your weapons or this won’t end well for her.

Brooks (angry that she got taken hostage): You bitch.

https://youtu.be/MaUksMK0qdw?t=6m22s

Brooks (having gotten herself to safety): I'm okay, too!

https://youtu.be/MaUksMK0qdw?t=6m47s

Brooks (timid): If I wasn't covering my eyes, I'd be impressed.

(The next lines are preliminary; you might need to re-record them (and probably more lines as I write them) if they get altered after and if you get picked; the scripts are still underway, but I wanted to make sure to find the right audition on time; this is also where the alternate lines come in)

https://youtu.be/IrFj7P50abc?t=40s

Brooks (revealing her deception, having a much more confident and mocking tone): I wouldn't know. I don't actually work for them.

Brooks (sensual): Oh come on Commander, don't you remember our special moment together? You're gonna miss me.

Deadline: 24th of April 2015.