KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Your Virtual Instruments of Trade Oct. 29th, 2013 @ 10:14 PM Reply

Not to be confused with the thread Show NG your instrument. The purposes of this one is to share each other your virtual instruments such as VST/DX/RTAS/AU, library, plugin and patches.

Reasons: I have a lot of troubles going through the job of figuring out what types of instruments did people use. As in the past I posted many threads asking instruments, which usually getting little answers. I hope posting this thread would unite the answer to all the questions that people have been asking in the past. Though, if the moderators agree with this.

Secondly, asking those who have used what doesn't away get me the answers, as some people would keep silent about their 'secret tools of trade'. Finally, I admit I'm on the journey to seek for powerful cinematic instruments (god, will I ever get off this addiction).

As people used to say "Having a lot of tools don't make you a good musician" but definitely "Having good tools help to make you a good musician". Though, I really admire people like Troisnyx and Hikari who made stuff from scratch.

Mine is just basic stuff

DAW:
Renoise
OpenMPT
Finale 2012
MuseScore
FL Studio 10
Reaktor & Kontakt (if u count as DAW)

Orchestra/World/Choir:
EW Symphonic Orchestra Gold, RA, Symphonic Choir, Voices of Passion
Audiobro LASS 2
8dio Requiem Pro, Liberis, Forgotten Voices Cait, Barbary
CineSample Voxos
Big Fish Audio Legend of China, Gypsy Cafe, London Solo Strings
KongAudio Chinee Orchestra
Spectrasonics Symphony of Voices
Yamaha Vocaloid 2
Edirol Orchestra

Embertone Intimate Strings Lite
Versilian Studios (samulis) Tubular Bells, Fretless Zither
CentralComposers (Bspendlove) Pan Flute, Piano
Blackattackbitch's Soundfonts
My harp and guitar (see sig)

Drum:
8dio EDM Drumstep V1
EW Stormdrum 2
Heavyocity Damage, AEON Rhythmic
Big Fish Audio The Black Kit, Cinematic Percussion 2
CineSample Deep Percussion Beds, Metallurgy
Image-Line Drumaxx

Electronics:
8dio Hybrid Tools Vol. 2
Heavyocity AEON Melodic, Evolve, Mutation 1 & 2
Cakewalk Z3TA+ 2
HyperSynth SIDizer
Native Instrument RAZOR, FM8, Absynth 5, Guitar Rig 5
Izotope Iris
CentralComposers Electric Guitar
Vir2 Electri6ty
Sample Logic Cinematic Guitars 2

Knoxius
Knoxius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Your Virtual Instruments of Trade Oct. 29th, 2013 @ 10:32 PM Reply

I use EWQLSO, GPO, and Edirol for my orchestral works, and usually just default plugins found in FL Studio and REAPER for mixing or whatever.

C13b9b11
C13b9b11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Your Virtual Instruments of Trade Oct. 30th, 2013 @ 02:25 AM Reply

Kind of a hilarious start to this thread..."I only have a few basic things" and then you list something well in excess of $10,000 worth of samples. I mean...Voxos and Requiem? I use the Soundiron Micro Olympus for choir that I got for $10 when it was on sale.

To answer your question though.....Albion. Best Sample Library I've ever gotten. There have been absolutely no times when I thought it would do the job and it didn't. It just keeps giving.

Emid
Emid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Your Virtual Instruments of Trade Oct. 30th, 2013 @ 04:32 AM Reply

Man you have a lotttt of jamming material which I could just hope to buy, telling you!

I mainly use my long time friend Symphobia 1 and 2 along with LASS 2 for strings. Though I have EWSO platinum which is kinda not doable for me as I find it hard to mix with these libraries and Symphonic choirs. Also Omnisphere, and just bought Zebra for synth purposes. Cinebrass, Damage, Evolve mutation, Iron guitars and Cinematic guitars are also in my arsenal (mostly bought on sales). My DAW is Studio One 2.6 but I started with FL Studio which I still love it.

I do agree you just need some concrete libraries/vsts' with blending techniques to deceive your ears as well as audience. Yes, its all about deceiving or pretending to be real to make things near-real which requires good mixing skills and imagination.

Cut down to your most favourite and favourable ones that should not exceed more than 2 or 3 vsts'/libraries according to your needs and look further how they fulfil your requirements and how you could evolve with them. I miss soundfonts by Blackattackbitch which were on my obsolete computer but that time I had very little to none experience but people used them and did wonders because they knew how they wanted their sounds to be heard as. You have got everything one can just hope to have; you just need to choose some and to think how far you can go with them. Many, as equation goes, will cause confusion so stick to some.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Your Virtual Instruments of Trade Oct. 30th, 2013 @ 05:15 AM Reply

I don't use a lot of VSTi stuff...

I use MDA ePiano and PianoOne. Basic Rhodes and Piano sounds respectively.

And more recently Oatmeal. A cool synth with, IMO way too many parameters to customize. But having too many is better than not having enough, right? You can make lots of great sounds and stuff, if you can get passed the layout.

Very, very rarely, I'll use a VSTi called Peach which is kind of an 8-bit sounding synth meant to simulate an old NES. It doesn't have a bunch of parameters, but you can get some cools stuff out of it. Problem is, and this might just be me, it's really hard to find a place for the sounds. They stick out quite a bit.

Lich
Lich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to Your Virtual Instruments of Trade Oct. 30th, 2013 @ 06:15 AM Reply

The below of what I own is what happens when you have a job and have a budget of around £200 (Around $320) a month over a period of around 2 years:

DAW's
- FL Studio 11 Signature Bundle
- Adobe Audition CS6

Synths & Libraries
- Spectrasonics Omnisphere
- Native Instruments Kontakt 5 (Full)
- - - NI Factory Library
- - - 8DIO Free Radicals
- - - 8DIO Progressive Metal
- - - ImpactSoundWorks Shreddage 1
- - - ImpactSoundWorks Shreddage 2
- - - KontaktBanks VIROLOGY
- - - Sonokinetic Delphi
- - - Sonokinetic Aliye
- - - Cinesamples Drums of War 1
- - - Loopmasters Cult Club Synths
- Native Instruments Razor
- Native Instruments Action Strings
- Eastwest Quantum Leap Symphonic Choirs
- Eastwest Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra Silver
- Toontrack Superior Drummer 2.0
- - - SDX The Metal Foundry Expansion
- Adam Szabo's JP6K V1.5
- Image-Line Sytrus
- Image-Line Morphine
- Image-Line PoiZone
- Tone2 Gladiator2
- - - Gladiator2 Electronic Expansion
- CamelAudio Alchemy Player
- - - Biolabs Darkspace
- - - Cinematic Impacts
- - - Dream Voices
- - - Viral Outbreak
- Cakewalk Rapture
- Cakewalk Dimensions Pro

Effects & Mixing/Mastering Tools
- Image-Line Maximus
- Image-Line IL Vocodex
- Image-line Gross Beat
- Image-Line Pitcher
- Waves Silver Bundle (16 PLUGINS)
- Waves One-Knob Series Bundle
- Cakewalk Sonitus:FX Suite
- IKMultimedia Amplitube 3 (Metal Pack & Bass pack)
- Minimal Systems Stereo Bus Compressor
- Minimal Systems Punch Evolved
- Minimal Systems Mastering Limiter
- Minimal Systems SSI Compressor
- Antares Auto-Tune Live
- Antares Auto-Tune EFX 2
- Harmony Engine EVO
- Mutator EVO
- Choir EVO
- Articulator EVO
- Choir EVO
- Ohmforce Ohmicide
- Mic Mod EFX
- Native Instruments Driver
- EArekon EAreverb
- Bluecat Freeware Bundle (Freeware)
- Tobybear Madshifta (Freeware)
- Adam Szabo's Phazor (Freeware)

I usually use at least the vast majority of what's above on the newer stuff I'm working on (unreleased, working into Album). While it looks like a large list, each part is a component which has a vital role to use for the end product. If I must say one thing though, Tone2 Gladiator paired With JP6K, Omnisphere and VIROLOGY is insane, especially for what I like to do!

| Music | News | Favorites | - Audio Destruction, Evolving One Track At A Time!

BBS Signature
PeterSatera
PeterSatera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Your Virtual Instruments of Trade Oct. 30th, 2013 @ 06:58 AM Reply

At 10/29/13 10:14 PM, Elitistinen wrote: Reasons: I have a lot of troubles going through the job of figuring out what types of instruments did people use. As in the past I posted many threads asking instruments, which usually getting little answers.

The problem is that people know you're going to just take that instrument, and use it the same way they did, and that they are scared you'll 'steal' their sound. I don't tend to post lists of what I use, but if someone asks where a particular sound is I'll tell them. I get a lot of the golden stuff from small packages, cheap ones sometimes. If you want to find that big sound, then its a matter of hunting it down.

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Your Virtual Instruments of Trade Oct. 30th, 2013 @ 07:36 AM Reply

FL Studio
Audacity

Omnisphere
East/West Symphonic Orchestra Silver
East/West Stormdrum 2
East/West Ra

Those are the 'main' VSTs, so to speak - the ones which I use all the time. EWSO Silver was my first ever VST investment, back in 2010. Around 2 years later, I took advantage of the buy one get one free offer East/West had going, and got Stormdrum 2 and Ra. More recently, I bought Omnisphere after really liking the look of it based on videos and reviews, and I consider it the best VST I've ever worked with.

Apart from those, I've got some smaller ones like Magnus Choir, Virtual Guitarist, Vanguard, z3ta+ and Embertone Jubal Flute, plus Vengeance drum samples, and then a big list of free VSTs and soundfonts.

East/West is also doing this excellent Halloween deal where you get 60% off if you buy three VSTs of your choice at once. I ended up buying Pianos Gold, Hollywood Strings and Hollywood Brass. Huge investment, especially for something which I consider a hobby, but I've been using the same orchestra samples for years now, and I'm desperate for some new samples.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Bspendlove
Bspendlove
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Your Virtual Instruments of Trade Oct. 30th, 2013 @ 09:05 AM Reply

Ermmm I can't think all of them... but here it goes from the top of my head...

EWQL SO Gold
EWQL Choirs
EWQL RA
EWQL Stormdrum
EWQL Colossus (The old version of 'Goliath')

Heavyocity Evolve
Heavyocity Damage
Heavyocity Rhythmic and Melodic

8Dio Adagio Violins
8Dio Hybrid Tools 1+2
8Dio Forgotten Voices (I have 2 but I don't remember which ones)
8Dio Songwriting Guitar
8Dio Dubstep (lol..... I had to....)

(Old 8Dio)
Tonehammer Epic Guitars
Tonehammer Requiem Light

Cinesamples Voxos
Cinesamples Hollywood Winds
Cinesamples Cinebrass?? (I think its that...)
Cinesamples Iron Guitars
Cinesamples CineToms
Cinesamples Deep Percussion Beds
Cinesamples Drums of War 1+2

ProjectSAM Orchestral Essentials
ProjectSAM Symphobia 1+2

Vir2 Elite Orchestral Percussion

LA Scoring Strings (LASS)

Orchestral String Runs 1+2

NI Kontakt 4+5
NI Massive
NI Alicia's Keys
NI Action Strings
NI Reaktor?
NI Battery
NI Absynth 4+5
NI FM8

U-he Zebra 2 + Dark Zebra (HZ)
U-he ACE

Cosmo - Cinematic Guitar
DreamVision - Droning Winds - Cinematic Guitar (something like that)

Tons of free synths which are my best friends... So many free things out there which are just useful to have...

That is all I can name the top of my head...

I have not used over half of them for a while, I just been sticking to my piano and my own library (oh let me add that in as well... xD)

CentralComposers Cinematic Rhythms

And another one but I am not mentioning anything about it until I get onto selling it for the public next year, think of it as a ..... 'Suprise'..... ;)

CentralComposers - Cinematic, Hybrid and Soundtrack Sample libraries.

Sound Designer and Kontakt programmer.

Bspendlove
Bspendlove
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Your Virtual Instruments of Trade Oct. 30th, 2013 @ 09:06 AM Reply

Oooo and my DAWs are Sibelius 6+7 (Maybe MuseScore...) and Cubase 5...

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Your Virtual Instruments of Trade Oct. 30th, 2013 @ 10:38 AM Reply

At 10/30/13 02:25 AM, C13b9b11 wrote: Kind of a hilarious start to this thread..."I only have a few basic things" and then you list something well in excess of $10,000 worth of samples. I mean...Voxos and Requiem? I use the Soundiron Micro Olympus for choir that I got for $10 when it was on sale.

Most of the thing I got on here are 2nd hand, from eBay and other resellers. Like The Heavyocity collection and Electri6ty, I bought from friends who no longer needed them. The only stuff that I got directly from vendors are EastWest, CineSample and 8dio.

I also work 2 jobs. So instead of spending money on alcohol, music becomes my love. There is nothing wrong with calling them basic, since I'm sure many other on here own much amazing tools than me. And of course, there are people who have little but still able to create better music than me.

But yeah, I should just use Voxos. In fact, I should just use EW Symphonic Choir, only if I have more spare time. I always dreamed on create my own choir band (the only music pieces I created for choir was in highschool).

One last reason why I have so many stuff. I'm not the only one use them. I got a friend who's currently in military might go back and use some of them. I also lend my stuff to some DJ friends and university students often. Put in the external drive, load them in Kontakt when needed.

To answer your question though.....Albion. Best Sample Library I've ever gotten. There have been absolutely no times when I thought it would do the job and it didn't. It just keeps giving.

Spitfire stuff is beyond amazing. Though I'm happy with EW stuff right now, if in near future I really will go in to music industry, I definitely get Albion.

At 10/30/13 06:58 AM, PeterSatera wrote: The problem is that people know you're going to just take that instrument, and use it the same way they did, and that they are scared you'll 'steal' their sound. I don't tend to post lists of what I use, but if someone asks where a particular sound is I'll tell them. I get a lot of the golden stuff from small packages, cheap ones sometimes. If you want to find that big sound, then its a matter of hunting it down.

Understand that, sir :)

At 10/30/13 04:32 AM, Emid wrote: Man you have a lotttt of jamming material which I could just hope to buy, telling you!

Yet the music I created do not match even 10% of your amazing materials. No that's not flattening.

I mainly use my long time friend Symphobia 1 and 2 along with LASS 2 for strings. Though I have EWSO platinum which is kinda not doable for me as I find it hard to mix with these libraries and Symphonic choirs. Also Omnisphere, and just bought Zebra for synth purposes. Cinebrass, Damage, Evolve mutation, Iron guitars and Cinematic guitars are also in my arsenal (mostly bought on sales). My DAW is Studio One 2.6 but I started with FL Studio which I still love it.

I see many people own Spectrasonics Omnisphere. May I ask, does it true that Omnisphere have everything you need, just like the rumors? You sir have the fair amount of powerful material. Symphobia is the powerful library.

I do agree you just need some concrete libraries/vsts' with blending techniques to deceive your ears as well as audience. Yes, its all about deceiving or pretending to be real to make things near-real which requires good mixing skills and imagination.

I think all go down to the crucial point is how well can you mix your sounds, and it doesn't matter how expensive is the sounds you have. Sometime the expensive sounds aren't better than the cheap ones. For example, I just got Vir2 Electri6ty, yet it doesn't sound better than the electric guitar's library I'm working with Bspendlove.

I very admire people like you who use limited amount of sounds to make the powerful material. It's gonna be long way before I can reach your current level, sir. :)

Emid
Emid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Your Virtual Instruments of Trade Oct. 30th, 2013 @ 11:33 AM Reply

At 10/30/13 10:38 AM, Elitistinen wrote:
I also work 2 jobs. So instead of spending money on alcohol, music becomes my love.

I really respect you for that. Keep your spirit up friend.

I see many people own Spectrasonics Omnisphere. May I ask, does it true that Omnisphere have everything you need, just like the rumors? You sir have the fair amount of powerful material. Symphobia is the powerful library.

Omnisphere has more than what you need. Watch some videos on Youtube. Go to vi-control forum and follow this thread http://www.vi-control.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34274&highlight=omnisphere. I think he is Eric from Spectrasonics and he is gonna post some fresh demos in this thread. Me, and I think most of us who have Omnisphere haven't even go through all the patches provided in it. The only downside is you cannot import your own patches, instead you need to build them either from the scratch or the ones come with it. Start saving money and you will 'definitely' be amazed with the quality and quantity of sound.

I think all go down to the crucial point is how well can you mix your sounds, and it doesn't matter how expensive is the sounds you have. Sometime the expensive sounds aren't better than the cheap ones.....

Mixing is where all your bet lies. We can't afford to have a professional mixing engineer hence we are, being whatever and whoever, but yes at least 'editors' on our own. I am still suffering from mixing-mastering syndrome, yet trying to learn from fellow composers's as well as from the works of 'giants'. Sometimes you achieve a decent level in your mix, other times you don't. Don't lose heart, go back to point A and find out where does your problem lie. Well... this is another topic and has been extensively discussed all over the internet.

I very admire people like you who use limited amount of sounds to make the powerful material. It's gonna be long way before I can reach your current level, sir. :)

Oo no good friend. You are doing a decent work there as well, but as I said deceive your ears with good sonics. If you have achieved it, you would probably have achieved deceiving others with the same unless some pro chimes in with his logic and equations and correct you. But thanks anyway if you like my work. Its a medal for anyone to hear such kind words.

AeroMusic
AeroMusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Your Virtual Instruments of Trade Oct. 30th, 2013 @ 11:58 AM Reply

@LichLordMusic

as soon as I saw this thread I was waiting for your massive list lmao

daw
ableton live 9 suite
Audacity

VSTs
Massive (fav synth)
Sylenth
Nexus
Kontakt
KorgM1

plugins
camelphat
pro-q
wow filter (love this thing)

Libraries
symphobia 1
session strings
killer horns

Always debated getting omnisphere think it's too expensive though

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Your Virtual Instruments of Trade Oct. 30th, 2013 @ 12:44 PM Reply

Here goes.

DAW:
FL Studio 10

Orchestra/World/Choir:
Versilian Studios (by virtue of me being a member) - Dan Tranh, Fretless Zither (I haven't got Tubular Bells yet)
Blackattackbitch's Soundfonts (I think they are?... My special preference is the Akai Steinway soundfont he's got.)
Touhou SF

Drums and Percussion:
Touhou SF
FPC

...yeah.

Electronics:
FL Slayer
The Electronic, 8-bit, Original, Mochi Extend and Real soundfonts for Mario Paint Composer
Autogun

....I haven't got much now, have I. But whether I do or not, that'll come with time.

AMDG ✝

NGADM Round 2 Entry: A Night in the Attic

BBS Signature
camoshark
camoshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Musician
Response to Your Virtual Instruments of Trade Oct. 30th, 2013 @ 02:01 PM Reply

Man, I feel utterly under-powered in terms of virtual instruments compared to most of you guys! D:

DAWs:

-Sibelius 1.4 / 7 (use both of them, depending on the situation)
-FL Studio (for VSTs and live playing)
-Reason (pretty much only used ReWired as a very and extensive/expensive VST)
-Reaper (recording)

VSTs:

East-West:
-EWQL Symphonic Orchestra Gold
-EWQL Symphonic Choir (seldom used)
-EWQL Goliath
-EWQL Ra
-EWQL Pianos Gold
-EWQL Voices of Passion (NEVER used)

Reason Modules:
-NN-XT Advanced Sampler
-Redrum Drum Computer
-Dr. Octo Rex Loop Player
-Thor Polysonic Synthesizer

FL Native VSTs:
-3x Osc
-PoiZone
-Drumaxx

That's pretty much the extent of what I can recall as of right now, but as you can see, this really isn't much. Obviously these times around I like to focus on live recording, so even those I've mentioned aren't really used all that much.

SkullX2
SkullX2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Your Virtual Instruments of Trade Oct. 30th, 2013 @ 02:58 PM Reply

DAW:
FL Studio
Reason (as a ReWired)

Orchestra/World/Choir
Symphony of Voices
Peter Siedlaczek Classical Choir
Omnisphere
Some soundfonts

Drums & Percussions
EZdrummer
Project Sam's Pecussions

That's pretty much it.

bassfiddlejones
bassfiddlejones
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Your Virtual Instruments of Trade Oct. 30th, 2013 @ 07:01 PM Reply

At 10/30/13 07:36 AM, Step wrote:
I ended up buying Pianos Gold, Hollywood Strings and Hollywood Brass.

O.O

I am jealous. I have Pianos Gold though, and it's wonderful.

SoundChris
SoundChris
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Your Virtual Instruments of Trade Oct. 30th, 2013 @ 08:33 PM Reply

At 10/30/13 07:01 PM, bassfiddlejones wrote:
At 10/30/13 07:36 AM, Step wrote:
I ended up buying Pianos Gold, Hollywood Strings and Hollywood Brass.
O.O

I am jealous. I have Pianos Gold though, and it's wonderful.

To get the full piano power you need platinum with its over 300 GB. Sounds very, very impressive. And the hollywood stuff is really nice, too!

drumdude
drumdude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Your Virtual Instruments of Trade Oct. 30th, 2013 @ 11:57 PM Reply

Wow. I just recently got into making music, so my collection is really small and sad. I feel like this thread is a projection of my future though. So many VSTs....

Anyway...

Daw: Cubase AI 5 (came with my keyboard for free)
I own FL studio as well, but just couldn't get into it.

VSTs: Kontakt
Galaxy Vintage D
Spitfire Solo Strings
Spitifre Albion II

Definitely going to buy more during the holidays when some money comes in. Thinking of grabbing LASS depending on how I feel about my orchestration abilities by then. I got a 25% my next spitfire purchase when I bought Albion, so I'm thinking of picking up Albion I, but I've also heard great things about Sable Strings. I just wish Sable came in a bundle so I could make the best out of my 25% . Will probably buy the full Cubase since I'm enjoying the workflow as of now.
I've got a long way to go though.

Ecke
Ecke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Audiophile
Response to Your Virtual Instruments of Trade Oct. 31st, 2013 @ 12:42 AM Reply

At 10/29/13 10:14 PM, Elitistinen wrote: Mine is just basic stuff

Basic stuff?

Currently:
Reason 5 (+ about 30 gigs of samples), FM8, Massive, and Blue all in Bidule Workspace wired in to Logic X through mcgyver style workarounds.

My only problem is the mastering. Mastering is probably about half of a song's worth, who cares what instruments you use, just layer them tell it sounds expensive.

/ Accomplishments: first 1000 comment news post.
/ عثكغ ʘⒺⒸⓀⒺʘ

BBS Signature
LunyAlex
LunyAlex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to Your Virtual Instruments of Trade Oct. 31st, 2013 @ 10:15 AM Reply

At 10/30/13 02:25 AM, C13b9b11 wrote: Kind of a hilarious start to this thread..."I only have a few basic things" and then you list something well in excess of $10,000 worth of samples. I mean...Voxos and Requiem? I use the Soundiron Micro Olympus for choir that I got for $10 when it was on sale.

Thank you so much.

I was browsing around, looking through this thread, saw your post, checked out Albion (had never heard of it before), decided to take a leap of faith (the demos sounded great though) and ... wow. Wow!

Either I was never able to properly use East West Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra or Albion simply obliterates it into a million little pieces. The strings in this sound so warm and rich and nicely textured, whereas I was never really able to EQ the "synthy" feel out of EWQLSO's strings.

So natural and extremely easy to use. Thank you again, hah!

samulis
samulis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to Your Virtual Instruments of Trade Nov. 2nd, 2013 @ 04:02 AM Reply

At 10/31/13 10:15 AM, LunyAlex wrote: Either I was never able to properly use East West Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra or Albion simply obliterates it into a million little pieces. The strings in this sound so warm and rich and nicely textured, whereas I was never really able to EQ the "synthy" feel out of EWQLSO's strings.

So natural and extremely easy to use. Thank you again, hah!

Spitfire's fantastic. To get EWQL SO's strings to work well, you need to know which patches work well and blend a few together (and also use the smaller sections whenever possible). I find I can get a fabulous texture by doubling 11 lyrleg violins over 10 lyr/exp violas 8vb with EWQL SO that is nice and rich enough to use as a lead voice, although indeed it isn't as lush as Spitfire. Close mics also have a huge impact on SO's tone and quality, especially for short strings.

DAWs/Notation software/etc.:
Finale 2012 (yep, I use it for everything)

Virtual Instruments (by brand):

EastWest:
SO Gold + Close Mics
Choirs + expansion
Stormdrum 2 + expansion
Pianos Gold
Gypsy
Goliath
Ra
Spaces (<3!)

BestService/Eduardo Tarilonte:
ERA Medieval Legends (a favorite of Bosa too- he uses it in like every song)
Forest Kingdom

Spitfire:
Harp (<3!!!)
Albion II (not I, it's on the list though)
Waterphone (H20)

Versilian Studios (since I create these):
Zither, Xylophone, Tubular Bells, Dan Tranh, Miscellania, and some other little fun WIPs ;)

My Music - Virtual Instruments - Website
Orchestral/Cinematic Composer

BBS Signature
samulis
samulis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to Your Virtual Instruments of Trade Nov. 2nd, 2013 @ 04:03 AM Reply

Oh, and I forgot to mention my most important asset!

The Camoshark VST! :D

My Music - Virtual Instruments - Website
Orchestral/Cinematic Composer

BBS Signature
JacobCadmus
JacobCadmus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Your Virtual Instruments of Trade Nov. 2nd, 2013 @ 04:44 AM Reply

DAW
Studio One Pro 2
Reaper 3
Digital Performer 8

VST
Symphobia 1&2
Orchestral Essentials
True Strike 1&2
The Giant (piano)
LA Scoring Strings 2
Cinematic Strings 2
Zero-G Animato
Strezov Cornucopia Strings
Spitfire Albion I
Berlin Woodwinds
CineBrass
DAMAGE
Evolve Mutations 2
Abbey Road Drums
EWQL Ra (Kontakt)
8Dio Epic Taiko Ensemble
Hybrid Two Project Alpha
Soundiron Olympus Elements (choir)
U-he Zebra
FM8
Massive
Absynth
Battery 4
Guitar Rig 5
various free plugins I can find

and the most important tool of all: MY BRAIN

Lich
Lich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to Your Virtual Instruments of Trade Nov. 2nd, 2013 @ 06:29 AM Reply

At 10/30/13 11:58 AM, AeroMusic wrote: @LichLordMusic

as soon as I saw this thread I was waiting for your massive list lmao

It might be a big-ass list but it's not that expensive compared to some people on this thread ho have around around 5 orchestra's worth of different plug-in's between them.

I'm more of a fan of picking up pricey products when they go super cheap in sales or if some great plugin on Pluginboutique pops up and demo's really well for a reasonable price.

| Music | News | Favorites | - Audio Destruction, Evolving One Track At A Time!

BBS Signature
wandschrank
wandschrank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Your Virtual Instruments of Trade Nov. 2nd, 2013 @ 09:25 AM Reply

Mh, I don't use a lot of VSTs, the ones I have were expensive enough for me - I enjoy the effects & instruments that come with Ableton, especially the new Glue Compressor.

DAWs:
Ableton Live 9
Renoise

VSTs:
Massive
Omnisphere
Battery 4
EZ Drummer
Guitar Rig 5
Kontakt
Fab Filter Total Bundle
+ Random Freeware Stuff

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Your Virtual Instruments of Trade Nov. 2nd, 2013 @ 08:15 PM Reply

here's what i have:

magix music maker 9
TOTALLY HIP TRACK.mp3

p.s. i am gay

deadlyfishes
deadlyfishes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Your Virtual Instruments of Trade Nov. 3rd, 2013 @ 12:59 AM Reply

FINE. I have too many effect plugins to name but here's the list I've managed to compile:

Music Production Software:
FL Studio 10
Logic Pro
Digital Performer
Pro Tools
Reason
Cubase

Notation Software:
Avid Sibelius 7

Instrument Sample Libraries:
EWQL Symphonic Orchestra Platinum Plus
EWQL Storm Drum 2 Pro
EWQL Symphonic Choirs + VOTA Exspansion
EWQL Ra
EWQL Gypsy
EWQL Silk
EWQL Ministry of Rock
EWQL Ministry of Rock 2
EWQL Voices of Passion
EWQL Pianos Full
EWQL Hollywood Brass
EWQL Hollywood Strings
//
8dio Epic Dhol Ensemble
8dio Epic Taiko Ensemble
8dio Epic Toms Ensemble
8dio Adagio Violins Vol. 1
8dio Adagio Cellos
8dio Adagio Basses
8dio Hybrid Tools
8dio Hybrid Tools Vol. 2
8dio Requiem Professional
8dio Liberis Choir
//
AudioBro LA Scoring Strings v2.0
//
Komplete 8 Library Collection:
ABSYNTH 5
FM8
MASSIVE
REAKTOR PRISM
REAKTOR SPARK
RETRO MACHINES MK2
ABBEY ROAD 60s DRUMS
BATTERY 3
STUDIO DRUMMER
WEST AFRICA
RAMMFIRE
SCARBEE MM-BASS
BERLIN CONCERT GRAND
NEW YORK CONCERT GRAND
SCARBEE CLAVINET/PIANET
SCARBEE MARK I
SCARBEE A-200
UPRIGHT PIANO
VIENNA CONCERT GRAND
VINTAGE ORGANS
//
Sample Modeling - The Trumpet
Sample Modeling - French Horn & Tuba
Sample Modeling - Trombone
Sample Modeling - Sax Brothers
Sample Modeling - Clarinet
//
ProjectSAM Symphobia 1
ProjectSAM Symphobia 2
True Strike Percussion
Drums of War
Cinematic Guitars
Emotional Piano
Alicia's Keys
Ethno World 5
//
CineSamples Voxos Epic Virtual Choir
CineWinds Core + PRO
CineBrass Core + PRO
//
Vienna Symphonic Library FULL - Special Edition
//

Favorite Synths:
Sylenth1
Nexus 2 (All expansions)
Massive
(IL) Bio-Hazard
(IL) Poi-Zone
u-He Zebra
Absynth
Tassman 4
(Reason) Thor
Computers:
Custom Built Performance PC:
CPU: AMD FX-8150 Overclocked to 4.7GHz Eight-Core AM3+ CPU 8MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX
CPU Cooler: Corsair H110
Memory: 32 GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1600MHz
GPU: nVidia (EVGA) GeForce GTX Titan (6GB VRAM)
HDD: x3 2TB HDD's (6TB HDD Space Total)

MacBook Pro 15" Unibody
Intel® Core™ i7 2.2GHz
Mac OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard
8GB RAM

MacPro (2014 Model) - Coming Soon...

Alienware M14x High-Performance Laptop
Intel® Core™ i7 2670QM 2.2GHz (3.1GHz w/Turbo Boost, 6MB Cache)
Genuine Windows® 7 Ultimate, 64bit, English
8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1600MHz
3.0GB DDR3 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 555M using NVIDIA Optimus™ technology
14.0" High Def+ (900p/1600x900) with WLED backlight
750GB8 SATA hard drive (7200RPM)

ASUS Republic of Gamers Laptop G750JW
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ Processor
DDR3L 1600 MHz SDRAM 32GB
Windows 8 Pro
1TB HDD 5400 RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 765M 2GB GDDR5 VRAM

Instruments:
Schecter Electric Guitar Hellraiser C-1 FR
Schecter Electric Guitar Damien Elite 7 String
Fender American Strat - (Vintage 1972)
Yamaha Digital Grand Piano - P-155
Riptide Ukelele
Red Kazoo

Speakers/Monitors:
KRK Designs - Rokit 6" Studio Monitors (Pair)
KRK Designs - Rokit 10" Sub Monitor

<Professional Composer> <AudioJungle Reviewer>
OFFICIAL MUSIC SITE!
Check out something I did for NATA 2013! Hikarian's winning NATA 2013 Entry

BBS Signature
stunkel
stunkel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Your Virtual Instruments of Trade Nov. 3rd, 2013 @ 01:02 AM Reply

I just got complete composers collection 2, so I am adding to my plugins! :D

East West:
Symphonic Orchestra
Symphonic Choirs
StormDrum2
Goliath
Hollywood Brass
Hollywood Strings
Hollywood Woodwinds
Ra
Gypsy
Spaces

And NI Shreddage 2

Things I want are Addictive Drummer, Addictive Keys, NI Alicia Keys, Melodyne, Plogue Chipsounds and Omnisphere. But I just spent a bunch of money on CCC2 so I won't be getting anything until i get more moniez :(

Check out my pages!
Soundcloud Youtube Twitter Facebook

Bspendlove
Bspendlove
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Your Virtual Instruments of Trade Nov. 3rd, 2013 @ 02:33 AM Reply

At 11/3/13 01:02 AM, stunkel wrote:
NI Alicia Keys

Sooo good....