00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nuggetior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Artful Inspirations

785 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Artful Inspirations 2013-10-25 06:24:33

I love weird quirky out of place and downright creepy stuff... twisted is pretty good too. A friend of mine told me i definately have a "dark feel" to my work. Probably because i get alot of inspirations from Tim Burton - the man is a genius. What inspires youuu??
Take a look at some of my work, can you sense anything dark in it? haha

Artful Inspirations

Response to Artful Inspirations 2013-10-25 07:05:13

My drive comes from Reiq and artgerm...

Newgrounds wise i really love bizarrojoe's stuff , cypress did some cool stuff but has taken it all down now :c, arvalis is cool as well, though nothing as of late has been posted, Keepwalking's art is really great and im sure i used it as a background once or twice... im sure there is more, but that's of the top of my head

Artful Inspirations

BBS Signature

Response to Artful Inspirations 2013-10-25 08:30:31

Ah the legendary Burton , deffinetly an inspiration for me aswell. Not a surprise ofcourse , who draws creepy and hasnt basked at Burton's glory at some point , thinking "i need to draw like that". Your work is splendid ! I dont see "Tim Burton" in it , mainly because it lacks the comical element but this is not a bad thing , in fact its great. Originallity over anything , copycats can eat sh*t.

About my other inspirations , well , there are too many and the list keeps growing but my most usual sources are:

-My wife. She cant paint but she is the colour of my life.
-Adrian Smith because Adrian Smith....
-Ibrahem Swaid because , well , Ibrahem Swaid....
-The awesome folks of Creature Box
-Samwise Didier , because...Just...damn...
-Brian Froud and John Bauer , legends simply
-Ryan Hall , incredible fella
-Jouste the "Drawbarian" , you know him !
-Nicolás R. Giacondino. Needs a book to describe his awesomness.

From the above Giacondino , Swaid and Smith are three of the main reasons that i decided "i wanna do this shit for life!"

Other than that , as i said i get inspired by everything that interests me. Religion , Music , Movies , anything that can trigger my imagination is to be noted as inspiration.

Response to Artful Inspirations 2013-10-25 13:30:29

Too many to count. Here's a handful.
Robert McGinnis
and.
Mitch Byrd
Alberto Ruiz
Kenneth Rocafort

Response to Artful Inspirations 2013-10-29 10:13:11

ohmygosh Kenneth Rocafort is an absolute handsdown favourite for me in that list! his work is amazing! I went through it for quite a while and its as if this person bleeds art, its everywhere, not just the page he's taken a picture of.
Pen and inkwork gahhh.... huge respect there.

Response to Artful Inspirations 2013-10-29 10:27:13

ohmygosh Kenneth Rocafort is a an absolute handsdown winner for me in that list there! His work is amazing! i went down quite a while and every single page was stranger and much more wonderful than the next ... mythical creatures and monsters all sorts! I loved it all!
I love how the ink looks like it bleeds out of the pen, beautiful.

Response to Artful Inspirations 2013-10-29 10:33:04

ohmygosh Kenneth Rocafort is a an absolute handsdown winner for me in that list there! His work is amazing! i went down quite a while and every single page was stranger and much more wonderful than the next ... mythical creatures and monsters all sorts! I loved it all!
I love how the ink looks like it bleeds out of the pen, beautiful.

Response to Artful Inspirations 2013-10-29 17:12:37

At 10/29/13 10:33 AM, jehankay wrote:

... double post much?

Because some men aren't looking for anything logical like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn -Alfred

BBS Signature

Response to Artful Inspirations 2013-10-30 08:11:58

ughh i have the worst connecting wire everrrr... please accept my apologies, im not really insane.