00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

MrCakes' weekly bake.

978 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

MrCakes' weekly bake. 2013-10-24 21:35:13

Howdy folks, I'm new around here so hello! I can already feel the tuts, head shakes and sneers directed towards my fresh rosy hide. But wait, there's more! Order with your credit card now and- Oh wait, getting sidetracked there... Yes, I have a new outlandish idea that i'm sure many of you will rue and lament with every fiber of your being. For the friendly faces out there read on!

I got this crazy idea to finish and upload a new project every week, in order to push myself into getting better at electronic music production. Each week i'll be uploading a new track ready for constructive criticism. Each week i'll be focusing on a new technique / style / idea suggested by you guys. Nothing is off limits, within reason (no pun intended).

I've kicked things off with the first song I wrote after watching some YouTubes, downloading the Fruity Loopz and feeling like a huge boss when I had a 4/4 kick loop playing for about 10 mins thinking S&!T what now?

In the mean time i'll be giving my opinion on other peoples tracks and hopefully learning from the whole experience.

I guess next track is Friday 1st November, in the mean time, lets get cooking :D

Response to MrCakes' weekly bake. 2013-10-24 21:46:27

At 10/24/13 09:35 PM, MrCakes wrote: Howdy folks, I'm new around here so hello! I can already feel the tuts, head shakes and sneers directed towards my fresh rosy hide. But wait, there's more! Order with your credit card now and- Oh wait, getting sidetracked there... Yes, I have a new outlandish idea that i'm sure many of you will rue and lament with every fiber of your being. For the friendly faces out there read on!

I got this crazy idea to finish and upload a new project every week, in order to push myself into getting better at electronic music production. Each week i'll be uploading a new track ready for constructive criticism. Each week i'll be focusing on a new technique / style / idea suggested by you guys. Nothing is off limits, within reason (no pun intended).

I've kicked things off with the first song I wrote after watching some YouTubes, downloading the Fruity Loopz and feeling like a huge boss when I had a 4/4 kick loop playing for about 10 mins thinking S&!T what now?

In the mean time i'll be giving my opinion on other peoples tracks and hopefully learning from the whole experience.

I guess next track is Friday 1st November, in the mean time, lets get cooking :D

Technically, you should be getting referred to audio advertisements, but I think this idea you have is swell. Learning from fans is my favorite part about making music. Trust me though, when I first started, I was the same way. 4/4 kick loops were the shit until I learned about 8 beat kick loops....blew my mind.

Anyways, welcome to the forums and the audio section.

Whelp, here's my signature.

Response to MrCakes' weekly bake. 2013-10-25 00:57:39

Welcome to the Audio Forum! Here are some useful links!

- Newgrounds Audio Forum Rules

- Guidelines for submitting audio. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!

- A few things you should know about how we handle copyright infringements

- Here is a link to some Audio Resources.

- Non production discussions and chit-chat welcome in The Audio Lounge.

- Audio Advertisements Thread

- Album Thread Guidelines

- Review Request Club Thread

- Works In Progress Advice Thread

- Collab Forum

- Collabinator

- If you have a voice acting demo reel, put it in the Voice Actor Advertisements thread.

- If you're looking for voices for your project, check out the Voice Actors Wanted thread.

- If you notice any audio content that breaks site rules, provide a link to it in the Audio Portal Cleanup Thread

Response to MrCakes' weekly bake. 2013-10-25 03:43:57

At 10/24/13 09:35 PM, MrCakes wrote: Howdy folks, I'm new around here so hello! I can already feel the tuts, head shakes and sneers directed towards my fresh rosy hide. But wait, there's more! Order with your credit card now and- Oh wait, getting sidetracked there... Yes, I have a new outlandish idea that i'm sure many of you will rue and lament with every fiber of your being. For the friendly faces out there read on!

I like the idea of a weekly track a lot, mostly because that's how I usually compose. You should make a new thread and invite anyone to participate with you (so that it's not just you advertising your own audio) and maybe you could get a weekly thing of sharing and feedback going! I know I would be interested, because, like I said, it's what I do anyways. :)

Come join music competitions on Chips Compo and hang on our Discord!

Good artists copy. Great artists get banned from the Audio Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to MrCakes' weekly bake. 2013-10-25 03:59:42

At 10/25/13 03:43 AM, johnfn wrote: I like the idea of a weekly track a lot, mostly because that's how I usually compose. You should make a new thread and invite anyone to participate with you (so that it's not just you advertising your own audio) and maybe you could get a weekly thing of sharing and feedback going! I know I would be interested, because, like I said, it's what I do anyways. :)

yeah, i did a thing called weeklybeats with a bunch of people last year and it was a great way to keep me musically active, and also taught me how to force an idea out in under an hour without any inspiration :v

p.s. i am gay

Response to MrCakes' weekly bake. 2013-10-25 15:16:41

At 10/25/13 03:59 AM, midimachine wrote: yeah, i did a thing called weeklybeats with a bunch of people last year and it was a great way to keep me musically active, and also taught me how to force an idea out in under an hour without any inspiration :v

That looks awesome. How come it stopped? Is there anything like it?

Come join music competitions on Chips Compo and hang on our Discord!

Good artists copy. Great artists get banned from the Audio Portal.

BBS Signature