00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thrll just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Friends Forever

393 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Friends Forever 2013-10-23 01:38:07

I'm scared. I don't know where I am. For the first three years of my life I've lived a comfortable existence in my home, but now my world is suddenly changing. My home may not have been the biggest place to live, and it may have not been the most comfortable, but it was home. I was surrounded by my friends that I had come to know well... that is until they were taken away too.
My name is Lily. I'm an orphan. I don't know who my parents were, all I know is that I was born and then I was taken to this shelter to live with a bunch of others that were just like me. Like I said, I didn't have the best life, but I was happy. I had a comfortable existence. That is until he showed up.
They say his name is Ben, and I'm going to be staying with him from now on. I don't really know what to think. He looked at me with such warm and welcoming eyes, but I'm scared to trust him. They helped me gather up what little belongings I had and packed them, along with me, into the backseat of his car, where I am now. He keeps telling me how happy he is to finally have me and that he's so excited to get to know me. I just sit in the backseat and look out the window, not sure how to respond and not sure what to think. One day I was living a perfectly comfortable life and the next it was all ripped away from me and I was whisked off to somewhere unknown. At least Ben seems nice.
We get home and he lets me out of the car and shows me around his home. It's a small apartment with a living room, kitchen area, one bedroom and a bathroom. I guess it's ok because I'm used to living in small spaces. We get in the door and he greets me with a bunch of goodies he's already bought for me like toys and treats that somehow he knew I'd like. I guess this isn't so bad... I could get used to this. After I finished examining everything Ben says he has one more thing to give me. He reaches into a bag and pulls out a beautiful necklace made of some sort of tough nylon material. I love it. It's purple, pink, covered in red hearts and at the end of it is a pretty little charm in the shape of a heart. He gives it to me and says it's mine to wear and gives me a big smile. I never want to take this necklace off.
Dinner time rolls around and Ben shows me into his kitchen. "Here is where we eat," he says. His kitchen is clearly very run-down, the tile floor is old and cracked, and the wallpaper is falling off the wall in some spots. He sees me looking around and says "I know it doesn't look the best, but it's home." Ben sits down at the table and we begin eating. He tells me about how down he's been lately and how excited he is to have me. Apparently, his wife died 7 months ago from breast cancer and he's had a hard time getting over that. They never had kids, and after she died he went into long bouts of depression and couldn't even manage get out of bed. He would just lie there, unable to summon the strength or will to get up. He'd never answer the phone, and stopped going to work. Because of this he lost his job and has been doing menial construction and painting work to pay the bills since then. He's been trying to get his life back on track for the past few months and has been searching for a consistent, stable job since then but has had no luck. Jobs are hard to come by and he's been turned down for everything he's applied for. "But," he explained, "that's all going to change now that you're here!" he says to me with a big grin. I'm his good luck charm, he says. I smile back and feel a strange warmth inside me for the first time in my life.
A couple weeks go by then I have an accident. Ben wakes up early in the morning to see that I've wet the bed and proceeds to wake me up and scold me. I've never seen him so upset. I'm so guilty I can't even look him in the eye. All that I can think now is how much Ben hates me and doesn't want me anymore, but after a few minutes he looks at me and says "Aww, it's okay Lily, I still love ya!" as he tousles my hair. The warm feeling returns as I look at Ben and his big smile and realize that everything is going to be okay. All I want is to be with Ben.
A few months go by and Ben is around the house less and less. He explains to me that he's out job hunting and applying at every place he possibly can. While he's gone he leaves me with his neighbor, Mrs. Martz. Mrs. Martz is a sweet old lady that was married long ago but now lives by herself, except for Kelly. Kelly is almost my age and the first real friend I've ever had. At first I didn't know what to think of her, we were both very apprehensive to approach each other, but Mrs. Martz and Ben both encouraged us to get along. I wanted to do it to please Ben, so I approached Kelly. Kelly was still very shy and didn't want to look at me, but then Mrs. Martz got out one of her favorite toys and both of our eyes lit up. We started playing with it and laughing like we were the best of friends. Kelly was a lot like me...but there was something off about her that I just couldn't put my finger on. She was much smaller and looked a little different but I just didn't understand why we seemed so peculiar. Despite our differences, I still looked forward to seeing Kelly every day, but I really wanted to spend all of my time with Ben.
For most of our first year me and Ben went everywhere together. I loved spending time with him and he always reminded me about how happy I made him and how he felt that everything has been so much better since I've been around. I love Ben so much. One day we woke up and Ben told me he had a surprise for me. He said it was my birthday and that we were going to the park! Birthday... I had heard other people mention it before but never really experienced what one was. He had wrapped two new toys and some more treats for me and helped me open them. I was so ecstatic that I jumped up and gave him a big kiss on the cheek and then tackled him and kept kissing him while he laughed. It was so nice to see him happy, especially since he had been coming home from job searching so exhausted. Sometimes he barely had time to even do anything with me because he was too worn out. But now I could see in his eyes true happiness and joy. I could hear all of the sadness rush out of his body in the form of laughter.
So for my birthday Ben and I decided to go to the park and play around since it was a nice day out. The park was really crowded but Ben and I decided to play catch with the frisbee. He would throw it for what seemed like miles and I would chase after and try and get it back to him just so I could watch him throw it again. Then Ben saw one of his friends, Jake, who had also brought along one of his older and bigger kids to play with named Keegan. Jake and Ben encouraged Keegan and me to play together, and I begrudgingly obliged. I wasn't too fond of Keegan but I wanted to make Ben happy. Ben threw the frisbee one more time and Keegan and I both chased after it to try to catch it. It wasn't a very good throw and didn't end up going very far, and when it got to us Keegan and I both jumped up in the air to try and catch it, but we ended up colliding mid-air. Since Keegan was much bigger than I was I simply bounced off him and fell to the ground really hard. As soon as I fell I landed awkwardly on my leg and heard a snap followed by a sharp, fiery pain shooting up my entire body from my leg. I collapsed to the ground in a heap and starting screaming and howling in pain. Ben immediately rushed over and picked me up. Being held in his hands felt so great and so comforting but I simply couldn't get over the searing pain from my leg. He immediately put me in his car and rushed me to the nearest doctor he knew of. The doctor took me in immediately and I was put to sleep. The last thing I remember seeing was Ben's face looking over me, tears rushing down his face, whispering in my ear "Be strong Lily, you're going to be okay, I promise. You're all I've got..." and I knew what he was saying was true. His voice was so comforting and I was so glad that he was there.
(cont'd)

Response to Friends Forever 2013-10-23 01:39:12

The next thing I knew I was laying in my bed at home, a cast on my leg, and Ben sleeping in the chair next to me. He must have heard me stirring and woke up and immediately rushed over to me. My leg was still in a lot of pain but having Ben be the first thing I saw when I woke up relieved a lot of that pain. He came over to me, rubbed my head and took me in his arms. He apologized to me about letting that happen and told me he had good news. Ben's eyes started to tear up again, but not in the same way as I had seen before. This time he looked so excited. He told me that the day before my birthday he had found a job at a banking company and was going to be starting the following week. He had finally found a stable job and was finally going to be able to move out of his crappy apartment. I was so happy for Ben. He held me in his arms, sobbing, wishing that I would get better and that we could celebrate together. I loved Ben so much and I was so happy for him and so happy to be there in his arms during his first moment of true happiness in years.

Ben was my best friend, and I was his faithful companion. Ben was my master, and I was his loving dog.

Response to Friends Forever 2013-10-26 15:15:28

tl;dr
OP is a dog.

happy, sad....!?

"if you're ever getting buttfucked go with scarlet velvet " - Bantam

BBS Signature

Response to Friends Forever 2013-10-27 22:51:11

At 10/26/13 03:15 PM, RandomRoarness wrote: tl;dr
OP is a dog.

Bark bark!

Response to Friends Forever 2013-10-28 01:37:09

Lovely, just lovely.

Please take any criticism as helpful advice not an attack. I wouldn't have taken the time to reply if I didn't like your post!