Advertise-Play
Advertise-Play
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Show NG your studio 2014-07-17 16:23:34 Reply

Heh! My STUDIO? =D
I use only one simple software and it is modplug!

Get it on: modplug.com!

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Show NG your studio 2014-09-01 10:03:57 Reply

My humble studio, which I recently set up with a lot of my fiancé's help. It's certainly come a long way off from where I began. And yes, it's another bedroom studio, but I like it a lot.

The tower on the lower right is a Cooler Master, my fiancé's old computer, which he built. It's got 4GB RAM, DDR2 (upgradable to 16) and 250GB HDD space I can play with. My processor is an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ (3GHz). I could've used more HDD space, but other HDDs I have.... well they've prevented the PC from booting up. I think it sufficient.

I'm back on Windows 7, but 64-bit this time. Mic and MIDI keyboard are both Samson (Go and Graphite M32 respectively), speakers are Creative I-Trigue (2.1). They're about 5 years old, but still in perfect working order. I can now hear my mixing errors, where I previously couldn't.

I also recently acquired a nice pair of headphones. Specifically, Sennheiser HD201.

It may come across as depressing to some that my NGADM audition, Chant de l'Éveil, was done on a rickety, eight-year-old Acer laptop with a Celeron processor and broken screen hinges and missing keys.... I'm just grateful for this pleasant change of phase.

Show NG your studio

AMDG ✝

Reflection for this Advent: Jesus, Mary and Joseph were asylum-seekers.
Currently in progress: INI:FLIPSWITCH

BBS Signature
Slayerv121
Slayerv121
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Show NG your studio 2014-09-01 10:22:28 Reply

My studio looks like a tablet, because it's a tablet

camoshark
camoshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Musician
Response to Show NG your studio 2014-09-01 12:39:56 Reply

At 9/1/14 10:03 AM, Troisnyx wrote: My humble studio, which I recently set up with a lot of my fiancé's help. It's certainly come a long way off from where I began. And yes, it's another bedroom studio, but I like it a lot.

The tower on the lower right is a Cooler Master, my fiancé's old computer, which he built. It's got 4GB RAM, DDR2 (upgradable to 16) and 250GB HDD space I can play with. My processor is an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ (3GHz). I could've used more HDD space, but other HDDs I have.... well they've prevented the PC from booting up. I think it sufficient.

I'm back on Windows 7, but 64-bit this time. Mic and MIDI keyboard are both Samson (Go and Graphite M32 respectively), speakers are Creative I-Trigue (2.1). They're about 5 years old, but still in perfect working order. I can now hear my mixing errors, where I previously couldn't.

I also recently acquired a nice pair of headphones. Specifically, Sennheiser HD201.

It may come across as depressing to some that my NGADM audition, Chant de l'Éveil, was done on a rickety, eight-year-old Acer laptop with a Celeron processor and broken screen hinges and missing keys.... I'm just grateful for this pleasant change of phase.

I'd say your studio has certainly had a much-needed upgrade from your previous setup (which also was an improvement from, well... your phone :P).

What I'm especially of is seeing you happy and in a much better situation than you've been in the past year or so. Feels good to see! :)

etelik
etelik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Show NG your studio 2014-09-01 13:33:07 Reply

At 7/16/14 03:08 PM, Ultraconsole wrote: I am just getting my setup put together but I got it working!
Spirit M12 mixer
MBox Digital interface
Audio Technica 2035 Mic

And my custom made echo reducing cube.
Was able to make this for under 50 bucks, and the closest thing you can buy online is almost $350 (The porta-booth) and it doesn't look very sturdy.

Despite your effort, I cannot advice you to use this. You should rather remove reflections coming from behind the singer.
"The "filter" softens a little more the reverse sound incidence of the cardioid microphone. The mechanical "filter" itself generates hollow sounding comb filter reflections received by the microphone. The generated early reflections of the sound source in the studio room are not dampened by this.
The advertising promises that the "filter" can save to build a vocal booth. That would be a miracle."

Source - Sengpiel Audio

pitbulljones
pitbulljones
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Show NG your studio 2014-09-02 07:13:08 Reply

Old gear, not even using monitors, loads of guitars and alcohol is a must. That's me mate in the pic, not me!

Show NG your studio

Latest Tracks: Thinking Back and Edith
My Soundcloud My Youtube
If you like my music leave a review, message me for a review. My music's free to use just credit me!

BBS Signature
Ultraconsole
Ultraconsole
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Audiophile
Response to Show NG your studio 2014-09-03 20:31:04 Reply

At 9/1/14 01:33 PM, etelik wrote:
At 7/16/14 03:08 PM, Ultraconsole wrote: I am just getting my setup put together but I got it working!
Spirit M12 mixer
MBox Digital interface
Audio Technica 2035 Mic

And my custom made echo reducing cube.
Was able to make this for under 50 bucks, and the closest thing you can buy online is almost $350 (The porta-booth) and it doesn't look very sturdy.
Despite your effort, I cannot advice you to use this. You should rather remove reflections coming from behind the singer.
"The "filter" softens a little more the reverse sound incidence of the cardioid microphone. The mechanical "filter" itself generates hollow sounding comb filter reflections received by the microphone. The generated early reflections of the sound source in the studio room are not dampened by this.
The advertising promises that the "filter" can save to build a vocal booth. That would be a miracle."
Source - Sengpiel Audio

I'm just using this for voice acting, and it has landed me 2 paid jobs.
It basically prevents noise from bouncing around my apartment, it isn't a sound proofing solition, but it does a decent job preventing reverb from my walls, desk, etc.

RayS10
RayS10
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to Show NG your studio 2014-09-04 10:10:42 Reply

I Don't have a pic. sorry. but i'm usually in a Recording Studio with 2 PreSonus Studio Live 16.4.2 digital mixers

A Roland Jupiter 80 and a Casiotone MT-240.

BBS Signature
MickeySom
MickeySom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Show NG your studio 2014-09-05 05:09:41 Reply

No studio monitors or mics yet..I run with ATH-m50s, Maudio DCP 300 digital piano (doubles as a midi controller). My Computer is a i7 3770k with 6 gigs of ram, geforce gtx 570hd. Evga x58 motherboard. Audio interface is a Maudio fast track pro. Digital audio workstation is FL-studio with various 3rd party VSTIs. 21 and unemployed again.

Show NG your studio

Kor-Rune
Kor-Rune
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Show NG your studio 2014-09-11 05:00:26 Reply

Most of those guitars don't twerk :(

Show NG your studio

~ My soundcloud! ~ Venus ~ hi i like liquor

BBS Signature
Lich
Lich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to Show NG your studio 2014-10-22 20:01:38 Reply

Moved my monitors around and had a general tidy up. Stacking the "27 ASUS Monitor ontop of some wooden boxes taped together, the middle monitor is a Dell S2240T (Touchscreen) and the AOC IPS Panel on the right I'm probably going to sell to get another Dell S2240T. This setup lets me angle my ADAM A5X's abit better so the projected sound hits me just right at head level at a good angle for monitoring.

It's quite nice having touch screen(s). They work surprisingly well in FL Studio and most other 3rd party applications. One moment I can dive in the mixture and adjust it with my fingers and the next I'm adjusting sliders and Effects within Omnisphere or Gladiator and then I can dive into Audition CC and spectral edit samples with ease.

Show NG your studio

| Music | News | Favorites | - Audio Destruction, Evolving One Track At A Time!

BBS Signature
JacobCadmus
JacobCadmus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Show NG your studio 2014-10-22 21:33:18 Reply

Here's mine (again). I recently had to give up my M-Audio Keystation, so I'm using a crappy Casio student keyboard until I get a new controller. Also, crap speakers, placed in crap position. A bigger desk will be on my Christmas list as well.

Show NG your studio

CeeeX
CeeeX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Show NG your studio 2014-10-23 06:26:40 Reply

At 1/14/14 06:43 PM, Lemming18 wrote: So, this is mine :)

What kind of Yamaha HS model is that?
Either its beautiful!

>Focusrite Scarlett 2i4

Show NG your studio

My soundtracks, your imagination
SETTLE IT! IN SMASH!
My Youtube channel

Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Show NG your studio 2014-10-23 17:33:23 (edited 2014-10-23 17:37:48) Reply

Ghetto set-up, working on this.

I can't wait until I've reached my over-kill rig budget, because getting by with these specs is so tedious & tricky. I can only work on something up to a certain complexity before lag makes it impossible to listen to projects in real time, so it slows progression right down having to publish to MP3, just to hear changes.

Right now I have to make tracks without too many complicated channels or filters (pictured), otherwise it's just not going to work.

Show NG your studio

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature