New Topic Respond to this Topic
JacobCadmus
JacobCadmus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Show NG your studio Oct. 24th, 2013 @ 09:50 AM Reply

At 10/24/13 08:24 AM, PeterSatera wrote: Just by thinking of the last thread and this one, loads of us have the m-audio keystation, except for step, he has this little cute thing.

true dat. I'm sure it's based around similar standards; mine being that I needed at least 61 keys semi-weighted. as far as I know, the Keystation is the cheapest MIDI board that meets those standards.

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Show NG your studio Oct. 24th, 2013 @ 09:55 PM Reply

At 10/24/13 08:24 AM, PeterSatera wrote:
Just by thinking of the last thread and this one, loads of us have the m-audio keystation, except for step, he has this little cute thing.

I'm guilty of owning it previously as well, as it used to be the only 100USD or less 49key controller so it pretty much dominated the market. Now theres alternatives definitely.

Also, i'd just like to mention that the korg microkey kinda kicks ass as far as action on any mini-keys keyboard goes

(*high fives Step* thats a good poor mans' choice mr.paid-to-go-to-university)

So yeah to contribute to the thread; I use an MPK88 with Hello Kitty Stickers (I've zoomed in a bit for a more elegant view of the kittens). I enjoy it thoroughly.

Show NG your studio

drumdude
drumdude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Show NG your studio Oct. 25th, 2013 @ 01:16 AM Reply

Random phone picture from late August, but the set up is pretty much the same but with worse scenery due to the time of year.
Certainly less elegant than most of the other studios here and definitely not the best set up acoustically, but it was either here or my super cramped bedroom and I figured the view was worth it.
Keyboard is a Yamaha MOX8 and the monitors are Equator D5's for those who care.

Show NG your studio

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Show NG your studio Oct. 25th, 2013 @ 01:39 AM Reply

At 10/24/13 09:55

(*high fives Step* thats a good poor mans' choice mr.paid-to-go-to-university)

Oh damn, the irony.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Omegeist
Omegeist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Show NG your studio Oct. 25th, 2013 @ 11:39 AM Reply

At 10/25/13 01:16 AM, drumdude wrote: Random phone picture from late August, but the set up is pretty much the same but with worse scenery due to the time of

Wow, i have same speakers and thats a nice view you got there. Do you own a lake?

drumdude
drumdude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Show NG your studio Oct. 26th, 2013 @ 12:43 AM Reply

At 10/25/13 11:39 AM, Omegeist wrote:
At 10/25/13 01:16 AM, drumdude wrote: Random phone picture from late August, but the set up is pretty much the same but with worse scenery due to the time of
Wow, i have same speakers and thats a nice view you got there. Do you own a lake?

Haha, I wish. It's just a lake that's on my college campus. One of their on-campus apartment complexes has some rooms with a nice view and I was lucky enough to grab one.

JacobCadmus
JacobCadmus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Show NG your studio Dec. 20th, 2013 @ 05:13 AM Reply

Just wanted to bump this thread to show off my new additions, as I'm sure that some of you guys have upgraded as well. Next on my list of things to add on are a bigger desk and legit studio speakers.

Show NG your studio

SoundChris
SoundChris
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Show NG your studio Dec. 20th, 2013 @ 06:11 AM Reply

At 12/20/13 05:13 AM, JacobCadmus wrote: Just wanted to bump this thread to show off my new additions, as I'm sure that some of you guys have upgraded as well. Next on my list of things to add on are a bigger desk and legit studio speakers.

Interesting! So which controll surface did you finally get? You definitely need a bigger desk. If you are a home handyman there are a lot of good construction plans of cool studio desks out there in the net - i think 150 € / 200 $ should work for a good one. What i find really cool: You could bring it to a paint spraying shop so the surface becomes polished and blank like a piano (each color of course). I was thinking of doing this - gets a little bit more expensive, but looks just awesome.

Speakers: I have heared the Yamaha HS 80 shell be good for orchestra pieces.

JacobCadmus
JacobCadmus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Show NG your studio Dec. 20th, 2013 @ 06:32 AM Reply

At 12/20/13 06:11 AM, SoundChris wrote: Interesting! So which controll surface did you finally get? You definitely need a bigger desk. If you are a home handyman there are a lot of good construction plans of cool studio desks out there in the net - i think 150 € / 200 $ should work for a good one. What i find really cool: You could bring it to a paint spraying shop so the surface becomes polished and blank like a piano (each color of course). I was thinking of doing this - gets a little bit more expensive, but looks just awesome.

Speakers: I have heared the Yamaha HS 80 shell be good for orchestra pieces.

Oh I haven't gotten the control surface yet, but I'm looking at the Korg Nanokontrol. Just something simple to hold me over until I can make more money. As for a desk, well I just need something simple and flat.

PoonPun
PoonPun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Show NG your studio Dec. 22nd, 2013 @ 07:18 PM Reply

Just the tip of the iceberg.

Show NG your studio

Omegeist
Omegeist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Show NG your studio Dec. 22nd, 2013 @ 09:21 PM Reply

At 12/22/13 07:18 PM, PoonPun wrote: Just the tip of the iceberg.

It's so beautiful I could cry

bitflourish
bitflourish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Show NG your studio Dec. 24th, 2013 @ 08:05 PM Reply

2 Nicely sized monitors help me keep track of the various VSTis I use for chip, but look at that dinky MIDI controller! I'll be getting a new one in a few days, a bit tired of having crosstalk between keys :\

Show NG your studio

BBS Signature
bitflourish
bitflourish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Show NG your studio Dec. 24th, 2013 @ 09:02 PM Reply

At 12/20/13 06:32 AM, JacobCadmus wrote:
Oh I haven't gotten the control surface yet, but I'm looking at the Korg Nanokontrol. Just something simple to hold me over until I can make more money. As for a desk, well I just need something simple and flat.

Dude, get the Korg nanoKontrol 2 if you go that route. The nano2 series controllers are pretty solid for being portable. Heck, they're the only MIDI controllers I HAVE right now (pad2, key2 and kontrol1)

BBS Signature
jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Show NG your studio Dec. 27th, 2013 @ 12:16 AM Reply

after selling all my gear and swearing i'd go software only, this happened.

Show NG your studio

Knoxius
Knoxius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Show NG your studio Dec. 27th, 2013 @ 02:09 AM Reply

At 12/27/13 12:16 AM, jarrydn wrote: after selling all my gear and swearing i'd go software only, this happened.

damn you jarry. damn you to heaven.

i moved out so heres what im lookin like now

ive got another picture with basses and stuff but whatever

Show NG your studio

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Musician
Response to Show NG your studio Dec. 27th, 2013 @ 01:49 PM Reply

At 12/27/13 12:16 AM, jarrydn wrote: after selling all my gear and swearing i'd go software only, this happened.

You know it.

Accept it :)

You're a gearhead at heart.

No one stays software-only forever muahaha.

no one...
Nefix
Nefix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Show NG your studio Dec. 28th, 2013 @ 01:09 AM Reply

//sobs at his tiny desk and small computer
;;

; )

JappeJJ
JappeJJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Show NG your studio Dec. 28th, 2013 @ 07:43 AM Reply

This is mine.

Info:
The thing behind the keyboard(PC Keyboard) is a tablet.
I'm still waiting for my Graphics tablet to arrive, so that's not included.
There's 2 guitars and 4 keyboards.
My microphone is a Blue Yeti.
Yes, there is 2 mouses a trackball mouse and a razer mouse.

Show NG your studio

Check my album out at www.jappejj.bandcamp.com

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to Show NG your studio Jan. 4th, 2014 @ 11:39 AM Reply

Still a work in progress, have to get more foam tiles for the ceiling pattern. The walls are sound proofed with rockwool and I used that as a sound treatment too.
Behind the table the rockwool is covered just by textile and on the walls I have the panels with holes of different sizes so I have some absorbing and some reflecting surfaces.

The foam panels are at the ear height for the first reflection from speakers (will be on the other side too).

Show NG your studio

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Musician
Response to Show NG your studio Jan. 4th, 2014 @ 12:06 PM Reply

At 1/4/14 11:39 AM, sorohanro wrote: Still a work in progress...

That looks sweet!

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to Show NG your studio Jan. 4th, 2014 @ 12:35 PM Reply

At 1/4/14 12:06 PM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 1/4/14 11:39 AM, sorohanro wrote: Still a work in progress...
That looks sweet!

Thanks. Still, it's far from being ready but closer and closer every day. I'll keep posting the progress :)
Also, when ready, I'll make a new trumpet loops pack.

SoundChris
SoundChris
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Show NG your studio Jan. 4th, 2014 @ 06:33 PM Reply

At 1/4/14 11:39 AM, sorohanro wrote: Still a work in progress

Awesome!

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Show NG your studio Jan. 4th, 2014 @ 07:42 PM Reply

At 1/4/14 11:39 AM, sorohanro wrote: Still a work in progress, have to get more foam tiles for the ceiling pattern. The walls are sound proofed with rockwool and I used that as a sound treatment too.

I'd keep an eye out for lower frequencies. How are you attenuating sub 250hz? Foam wont take you any lower than that and thats where most room modes fundamentals are. Otherwise it looks sweet! Has a good unique look to it.

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to Show NG your studio Jan. 4th, 2014 @ 09:16 PM Reply

At 1/4/14 07:42 PM, Breed wrote: I'd keep an eye out for lower frequencies. How are you attenuating sub 250hz?

Rockwool. Several walls are covered only in rockwool and textile, the back wall will be covered in stone tiles for diffusion, some furniture and we'll see from there, maybe some bass traps if needed.

JacobCadmus
JacobCadmus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Show NG your studio Jan. 5th, 2014 @ 12:06 AM Reply

At 1/4/14 11:39 AM, sorohanro wrote: Still a work in progress, have to get more foam tiles for the ceiling pattern. The walls are sound proofed with rockwool and I used that as a sound treatment too.
Behind the table the rockwool is covered just by textile and on the walls I have the panels with holes of different sizes so I have some absorbing and some reflecting surfaces.

The foam panels are at the ear height for the first reflection from speakers (will be on the other side too).

Niiice! Got any pics of the live room (assuming that is a live room on the other side of that glass)?

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Show NG your studio Jan. 5th, 2014 @ 12:21 AM Reply

At 1/4/14 09:16 PM, sorohanro wrote:
At 1/4/14 07:42 PM, Breed wrote: I'd keep an eye out for lower frequencies. How are you attenuating sub 250hz?
Rockwool.

Sorry I shoulda just asked, how thick is the rockwool? I'd say 200mm thick rockwool would be pretty good for bass trapping.

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to Show NG your studio Jan. 5th, 2014 @ 07:51 AM Reply

At 1/5/14 12:06 AM, JacobCadmus wrote: Niiice! Got any pics of the live room (assuming that is a live room on the other side of that glass)?

Actually on the other side of the glass is not another room, is just the neighbor... but keep in mind that he is a musician too, a really good saxophone player.
My studio is just a small project studio, one room for all with enough space to record a rock band but not more. Anyway, mostly I will record my music with live trumpet and saxophone (maybe some French horn too).

At 1/5/14 12:21 AM, Breed wrote: Sorry I shoulda just asked, how thick is the rockwool? I'd say 200mm thick rockwool would be pretty good for bass trapping.

Well, couldn't afford that much space, just 7 cm and I will see in the corners some more. I have some big armchairs that could do the trick (partly), will build some round bass traps for the back corners and hope the stone wall will scatter the frequencies also.

I'm not really a planner :D, like my music, my life is mostly improvised :D

Bad-Man-Incorporated
Bad-Man-Incorporated
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to Show NG your studio Jan. 5th, 2014 @ 12:26 PM Reply

This is my band, The Stars Of Fiction's studio

Show NG your studio

BBS Signature
sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to Show NG your studio Jan. 5th, 2014 @ 02:20 PM Reply

At 1/5/14 12:26 PM, Bad-Man-Incorporated wrote: This is my band, The Stars Of Fiction's studio

That's not a studio, that's the "reality control room" and you're actually running the Matrix, it's obvious!

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Show NG your studio Jan. 5th, 2014 @ 02:35 PM Reply

I would take a picture, except I dare not... it isn't a studio, just a computer with a breaking screen hinge, an equally broken pair of headphones, and a Samson Go mic connected to the top.

Yes..... this is the ultimate low-key, I'm afraid...

AMDG ✝

NGADM Round 2 Entry: A Night in the Attic

BBS Signature