New Topic Respond to this Topic
24901miles
24901miles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Voice Actor
Write something using rare English Oct. 18th, 2013 @ 11:21 PM Reply

All too often, fluent speakers use the same boring syntax, the same regular vocabulary, and the same relaxed grammar, paying no mind to the full expanse of the language they've been given. In this thread, try not to use common English.

Use rare words, build new words, steal words from other languages (A, B, C, D), write in with bizarre structures, and use defunct punctuation marks.

Here are the rules:

• You must write at least one sentence.
• Your post must convey meaning, it mustn't be a jumble of words.
• If you borrow words from other languages, you must define them.
• If you build a word or a compound word, it must be rooted properly, and it must be defined.

[ You aren't fluent ] .:∴…

BBS Signature
DarkPrinceVI
DarkPrinceVI
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Write something using rare English Oct. 19th, 2013 @ 07:12 PM Reply

Too dilatory is infinity, that we as putative mortals, manage to realize our own follies. Shepard me, please, towards the privy of such a mortal. For that mortal be not I.

24901miles
24901miles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Voice Actor
Response to Write something using rare English Oct. 21st, 2013 @ 10:16 PM Reply

Books look better torn to bits, pages with shredded edges· marked up margins: used to learn; never paper walls on wooden shelves… except in storefronts.

BBS Signature
24901miles
24901miles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Voice Actor
Response to Write something using rare English Oct. 23rd, 2013 @ 06:33 AM Reply

The honorificabilitudinitatibus floccinaucinihilipilification of circumlocuitous interoculariat vocabular quays — A dental approach to looking sharp.

BBS Signature
Insanctuary
Insanctuary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Write something using rare English Oct. 31st, 2013 @ 01:03 PM Reply

A sauntering plant; a sycophant, to an opulent degree; we the gallery of a fluorescent sea, garnished by our faculties, taken into the fray, with an odyssey of conveyance.

You do not make examples, you make excuses; you do not solve problems, you shift problems; you do not stand behind your statements, you stand behind your stasis.

AxTekk
AxTekk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 03
Musician
Response to Write something using rare English Nov. 6th, 2013 @ 04:11 PM Reply

Seems a kind of pseudish act; to smith meaning for a linguistic schema rather than the other way about.

AxTekk
AxTekk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 03
Musician
Response to Write something using rare English Nov. 6th, 2013 @ 04:28 PM Reply

At 10/31/13 01:03 PM, Insanctuary wrote: A sauntering plant; a sycophant, to an opulent degree; we the gallery of a fluorescent sea, garnished by our faculties, taken into the fray, with an odyssey of conveyance.

Just to say so: These images come clothed in fluency but aren't of its fabric. To evidence fluency with detached clauses is to feign nonchalance by sulking. And, withal, fluency's raison d'être is to clearly convey meaning in a manner coherent - I might say that, within the form-content dichotomy's paradigm, you seem pretty content with pretty form without forming content.

Kylpault
Kylpault
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Reader
Response to Write something using rare English Nov. 8th, 2013 @ 07:38 PM Reply

This isn't going to work, but I'll give it a shot:

I find most music too pretentious. There is no meaning; it's almost as if you're expected to know a whole set of lore before listening. In my OPINION (not fact) electronic music is like an anachronism from the future. My cultural knowledge just doesn't fill the requirements for listening.

Not as fancy as the other posts, but whatever. I put a few fancy-pants words in there.

Check out my profile for links to my writing. Also willing to review writing works on request.

MilesTailsPrower10
MilesTailsPrower10
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Writer
Response to Write something using rare English Nov. 9th, 2013 @ 11:11 PM Reply

Postulating stationery can be utterly lugubrious. Although, it can be derisive to one's well-being if you were to partake in an act of monogamy. Always be reminiscent of the fact that everyone's survival rate drops to zero.

I appreciate any sort of criticism on my writing; please, anything will make my day.

~Be Real

Kylpault
Kylpault
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Reader
Response to Write something using rare English Nov. 10th, 2013 @ 09:50 PM Reply

This thread seems like a nice place to enhance my vocabulary, so I think I'll be posting in this semi-daily.

Salvation or damnation. It is not the culmination of your deeds. Apologies.

Check out my profile for links to my writing. Also willing to review writing works on request.

Kylpault
Kylpault
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Reader
Response to Write something using rare English Nov. 15th, 2013 @ 06:17 PM Reply

Apparently I have lied about doing this daily, but whatevs, I do what I want. The man isn't going to bring me down, you know?

The civilization had reached it's zenith, only to plummet down into a nadir. (Man that's wimpy, but I don't have a lot of time for computer today)

Spedmallet
Spedmallet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Artist
Response to Write something using rare English Nov. 15th, 2013 @ 09:10 PM Reply

butts

whoops I mean posteriors

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature
Kylpault
Kylpault
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Reader
Response to Write something using rare English Nov. 16th, 2013 @ 10:39 AM Reply

You? You dare provoke me‽ You affronts only haste you to your terminus!

Interrobang!

Kylpault
Kylpault
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Reader
Response to Write something using rare English Nov. 20th, 2013 @ 05:19 PM Reply

It is all fallacy, this zealous drive. It is ubiquitous and requires cessation instantaneously.

Insanctuary
Insanctuary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Write something using rare English Nov. 21st, 2013 @ 06:38 AM Reply

At 11/6/13 04:28 PM, AxTekk wrote: Just to say so: These images come clothed in fluency but aren't of its fabric. To evidence fluency with detached clauses is to feign nonchalance by sulking. And, withal, fluency's raison d'être is to clearly convey meaning in a manner coherent - I might say that, within the form-content dichotomy's paradigm, you seem pretty content with pretty form without forming content.

That is because I haven't the reason to write it in its complete form. I only vie to reflect the world's nature towards its relative proneness to asunder. I am proving that words are limited symbols to which whose conveyed messages are presented daily, and that we are sycophants of not only each other, but mother nature as well - not only that, but to reveal that very sycophant-like nature which lies dormant within our existential crisises, and how we depend on the distinctions we've created rather than the details that formally existed therein. A space that glows in its finest darkness, we are only living in our lies, whilst what is real is ceasing fathom in all of its form and intracacies. The incomplete sentence I'd written may be formless on the surface, but like the mysteries of our surrounding oceans, there are many forms of life to discover beneath the simplistic isles; much like our ideas and conflictions within our very own minds' stages of stasis. Simply because the surface appears calm, does not represent the further depths of its advocations...

You do not make examples, you make excuses; you do not solve problems, you shift problems; you do not stand behind your statements, you stand behind your stasis.

Kajenx
Kajenx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Write something using rare English Dec. 3rd, 2013 @ 05:00 PM Reply

Upon perusing this skein of posts - diligently, deliberately, and, perplexingly, without any great trouble despite the claim of unorthodox usage of queer and infrequent words - I wished to transcribe a bit of ponderous prose myself. The deliberations commenced as I undertook the difficult task of wresting a decision from my indecisive mind. Shall I, perhaps, cast a malediction, or, better still, a proclamation? Such petty use of prose, as seen hitherto, is normally an anathema to me, but in such a context its usage seems tolerable. I should not think, exempli gratia, that anyone would wish to read any large text written in this manner, but when considering that the outcome of any proclamation in which such words were used would be furthered by such a usage, seeking out a mot juste for each instance of common word transforms the crass and boorish exercise into a delectation.

Therefore, I shall proclaim my appreciation of this logorrhea and, in my loquacity, wish only to add to the amusement and not to create vexation.

Let me mabble my dialog with a simple request. I would wish to see this thread taken further.

BBS Signature
Ketamine4Life
Ketamine4Life
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to Write something using rare English Dec. 9th, 2013 @ 06:03 PM Reply

There was a severe feeling of tartle※ from which Dave, whom Tom Fulp selected to host the ceremony, was suffering. Tom was forced to waffle the name of Tom.

❧Retorted Tom, “A move, smooth, you have just made⸮”

The term the ※ mark addresses is the stress from announcing a name.

“This thread loves hugs and rides the short bus.” —TheJamoke
@ataeaf
</thread>

BBS Signature
Unfairy
Unfairy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Write something using rare English Dec. 11th, 2013 @ 09:26 AM Reply

Hark the pitches and tones of the malleable, wretched senses of vexation.
Descry tears of azure tears percolating ambivalent animus.

Inhale, exhume. Long derived from sociopathy.
Exhale, inhume. Nay 'tis but altruism.

Hark!

Live in your world, play in mine...

RedSnakeFang
RedSnakeFang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Write something using rare English Jan. 4th, 2014 @ 11:48 AM Reply

I perceived by minute chance a resplendent, luciferous artifact of forgotten yore; dust of a temporal, lacunose mystery stowed soothingly into the crisp golden sand.

Seasons
Seasons
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Writer
Response to Write something using rare English Jan. 6th, 2014 @ 03:25 PM Reply

At 11/6/13 04:11 PM, AxTekk wrote: Seems a kind of pseudish act; to smith meaning for a linguistic schema rather than the other way about.

This is fucking awesome.

Creative Writing.
Amateur Voice Acting.
Let's be friends. Send me a PM.

BBS Signature
AxTekk
AxTekk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 03
Musician
Response to Write something using rare English Jan. 6th, 2014 @ 04:06 PM Reply

At 1/6/14 03:25 PM, Seasons wrote: This is fucking awesome.

TANX B ^^

dratrat1
dratrat1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Writer
Response to Write something using rare English Jan. 8th, 2014 @ 09:00 PM Reply

Hmm, I don't suppose you forgot to say it had to make sense? Many here flounder in their ignorance of the glorious nature language holds. Besides which, stealing words from other languages isn't using rare English, it's using other languages. The magnitude of this heinous fallacy causes a deep, immense vat of regret to well up within me... See guys? No need to even go off topic in spinning an entirely new tale

Sonitus
Sonitus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Write something using rare English Jan. 9th, 2014 @ 12:52 AM Reply

I am nothing, but dust into the wind. The soul I once held, no longer with me. Death has come, and be I not the one to make him wait. So with a final prayer, and with one last sacrament. I lay thy self to rest, goodnight, and I welcome a Initum Novum