test-object
test-object
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Artist
Response to Halloween Spooktacular Oct. 17th, 2013 @ 06:33 PM Reply

At 10/17/13 05:58 PM, TomFulp wrote: We've been working on streamlined layout designs, although it also needs to become an adaptive design at that point. Feels like there is never enough time between the urge for redesigns. :(

I can see that. It would be nice to see a slightly more borderless Newgrounds tho.

Also I had tinkered with social media icons in the header but they were feeling visually distracting. I still regularly question the value of all the social media presence too.

I don't think many people share entire sites as opposed to specific content, come to think of it.

A rather disgusting-looking git that should have been disposed of ages ago.

BBS Signature
USBclip
USBclip
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Writer
Response to Halloween Spooktacular Oct. 17th, 2013 @ 06:35 PM Reply

Mr. Fulp, Let me put this as simple as possible:

Halloween Spooktacular

Where the Fun & Friendship is spread like a deadly virus-- USBclip!

BBS Signature
nick251
nick251
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Animator
Response to Halloween Spooktacular Oct. 17th, 2013 @ 07:12 PM Reply

have a sexy er I mean spooky halloween guys!

StarShine0911
StarShine0911
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to Halloween Spooktacular Oct. 17th, 2013 @ 07:57 PM Reply

Yo people this unknown artist (only by friends even though I've'e posted draws and shit on here) is excited for Halloween (one of my favourite holidays next 2 Christmas and my b day) So i got a few questions :D
So if u can answer them i thank u alot! :D
Q 1) can u enter the contest more than once
Q 2) if you can enter more than once how many times may you enter
and last Q 3) actually i don't have a question 3
So to end my response if u haz the awnsers 2 my 2 questions p.m me!
So yeah #HaloweenEpicness
Bye!
(Btw don't have 2 but check out my art on my page and follow me on twitter at @Starshine0911)

Halloween Spooktacular

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Reader
Response to Halloween Spooktacular Oct. 17th, 2013 @ 07:59 PM Reply

I'm afraid this is going to be 2spooky4me

deathink
deathink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Halloween Spooktacular Oct. 18th, 2013 @ 12:11 AM Reply

At 10/17/13 05:29 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 10/17/13 05:14 PM, MSGhero wrote: Ok, I like the latest news thing now. If I could move the news pod around too, that'd be swell.
Now that latest news is in the header, do you feel any desire to have it in the left column? I'm thinking we can just get rid of it, ditch the header, and lead with notifications and calendar - bringing everything else up higher.

bear with me , I have been hitting the sauce...

Personally I like the news pod, it makes it easy to see if any of my favorite artist have any new news for me (new news?! lol). And the new "latest news" links placement looks very arbitrary. And I do get a lot of page views when ever I make a Front page post. But you know what I would really like, instead of posting to the front page once every other week, if you could post to your fans "Latest From Your Favorites" feed once every other week instead.

Also I don't know if this can help you guage anything, but the two pods I am most eager to see change are the "news & events" pod and the "latest from you favorites "pod

Anyway, keep us the streamlining effort, it will pay off in the end.

"NEWGROUNDS, it's everything to everyone" -RicePirate

BBS Signature
kirbmanboggle2
kirbmanboggle2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Halloween Spooktacular Oct. 18th, 2013 @ 08:16 AM Reply

can i join?

Halloween Spooktacular

Omegeist
Omegeist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Halloween Spooktacular Oct. 18th, 2013 @ 08:21 AM Reply

Is there going to be a NG halloween party?

Halloween Spooktacular

Signatures are a waste of time

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Halloween Spooktacular Oct. 18th, 2013 @ 08:35 AM Reply

At 10/17/13 05:29 PM, TomFulp wrote: Now that latest news is in the header, do you feel any desire to have it in the left column? I'm thinking we can just get rid of it, ditch the header, and lead with notifications and calendar - bringing everything else up higher.

It'll probably take a while to get used to not looking to the sidebar for news, but overtime this could definitely be easier. Also, how about styling the latest news notice in the sidebar area as calender notices ( Mon ## - Title ); use a divider to keep it separate. That'd cut down on space a bit, not to mention the date posted is useful info.

On the topic of change, how about changing the All News link to Calender or Events? You can easily get to more news via the specific news topic (and the header if that's permanent), but since the calender entries are linked to specific topics it takes the obscure Community drop-down menu item to get there.

At 10/17/13 06:01 PM, TomFulp wrote: Also I had tinkered with social media icons in the header but they were feeling visually distracting. I still regularly question the value of all the social media presence too.

It's strange how NG is a social community in itself, and still markets itself via others (and promotes those communities at the same time). Feels like header space would be overkill IMHO. Speaking of which, any plans to re-initiate the NG Fan Net? That was a great way for users to direct traffic here and get rewarded at the same time, not to mention a great way to find other personal creative websites.

FunnyClown98
FunnyClown98
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Halloween Spooktacular Oct. 18th, 2013 @ 10:02 AM Reply

I will this shield! *___* ....

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Halloween Spooktacular Oct. 18th, 2013 @ 10:09 AM Reply

At 10/17/13 06:33 PM, test-object wrote:
At 10/17/13 05:58 PM, TomFulp wrote: We've been working on streamlined layout designs, although it also needs to become an adaptive design at that point. Feels like there is never enough time between the urge for redesigns. :(
I can see that. It would be nice to see a slightly more borderless Newgrounds tho.

Trying to get there - sitewide changes never end up being as quick as expected although maybe if this last redesign was done well enough, it will be easier this time to adjust than the last redesign would have been.

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Halloween Spooktacular Oct. 18th, 2013 @ 10:10 AM Reply

At 10/17/13 07:57 PM, StarShine0911 wrote: Q 1) can u enter the contest more than once

You can enter as many times as you like!

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Halloween Spooktacular Oct. 18th, 2013 @ 10:15 AM Reply

At 10/18/13 12:11 AM, deathink wrote: bear with me , I have been hitting the sauce...

Personally I like the news pod, it makes it easy to see if any of my favorite artist have any new news for me (new news?! lol). And the new "latest news" links placement looks very arbitrary. And I do get a lot of page views when ever I make a Front page post. But you know what I would really like, instead of posting to the front page once every other week, if you could post to your fans "Latest From Your Favorites" feed once every other week instead.

Every blog post you make should appear in the "Latest From Your Favorites" feed - but news currently only appears in the full-length feed, vs the front page summary. We should probably move news into the front page box too, but there is the concern about redundancy with the artist news down the left column. Also I would be tempted to make the "Latest From Your Favorites" front page box show MORE content, but we need to put something in so it only extends if its NEW content you haven't seen yet... so once you view it, the box could shrink down to something smaller.

There is a TON we want to do with expanding on feeds but the feed system in its current form needs to be rewritten to properly handle everything, so that's been a roadblock at the moment.

Also when I mentioned getting rid of news in the left column, I just meant official site news. Removing the site news would bring the Artist News higher up for more people to see. Moving the site news into the header does feel kinda weird but it makes it visible on every page of the site, resulting in a lot more people reading the site news and hopefully getting involved in the broader pulse of what's going on with the site.

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Halloween Spooktacular Oct. 18th, 2013 @ 10:17 AM Reply

At 10/18/13 08:35 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: It's strange how NG is a social community in itself, and still markets itself via others (and promotes those communities at the same time). Feels like header space would be overkill IMHO. Speaking of which, any plans to re-initiate the NG Fan Net? That was a great way for users to direct traffic here and get rewarded at the same time, not to mention a great way to find other personal creative websites.

No plans to bring back to the fan-net but we do talk about stuff to encourage more people to link to content on NG, such as a way to get listed as a top referrer on a piece of content. Would encourage more people to plug NG content on their social networks.

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Halloween Spooktacular Oct. 18th, 2013 @ 11:10 AM Reply

At 10/18/13 10:17 AM, TomFulp wrote: No plans to bring back to the fan-net but we do talk about stuff to encourage more people to link to content on NG, such as a way to get listed as a top referrer on a piece of content. Would encourage more people to plug NG content on their social networks.

That'd be cool, seems like it'd go hand-in-hand with an embed feature too. No site-wide referrer top-list though? It'd be fun!

test-object
test-object
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Artist
Response to Halloween Spooktacular Oct. 18th, 2013 @ 01:21 PM Reply

All of this having been said...

...Happy Halloween and thank you for your hard work so far :)

A rather disgusting-looking git that should have been disposed of ages ago.

BBS Signature
fortunacus
fortunacus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Halloween Spooktacular Oct. 19th, 2013 @ 03:53 AM Reply

• Escape From Slender 3D
    Escape From Slender 3D by fortunacus

Run as far as possible from Slenderman chasing you!

Score
    Under Judgment
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

halloween 2013

ragnkinson
ragnkinson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Halloween Spooktacular Oct. 19th, 2013 @ 08:18 AM Reply

I approve this

The cake is a liar!

BBS Signature
Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Movie Buff
Response to Halloween Spooktacular Oct. 20th, 2013 @ 10:10 AM Reply

Halloween's the second holiday we make the most flashes for, next to Christmas. It actually ranks pretty low in terms of total revenue, behind Mother's Day and Valentine's Day, because those are holidays where you're more likely to give someone a present. Costumes and decorations just don't add up to that.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

biologysound
biologysound
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Halloween Spooktacular Oct. 20th, 2013 @ 03:49 PM Reply

Is it okay if I post what I did here?

I've been making music for a few years now and was feeling pretty hopeless about the whole process but this song right here made me feel so good I can't even explain it.

I just want to share it but I'll take down this post if that's not okay.

If you turn it upside down, it still says biology.

BBS Signature
WillieD891
WillieD891
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Artist
Response to Halloween Spooktacular Oct. 21st, 2013 @ 07:18 PM Reply

This Friday

Halloween Spooktacular

WillieD891Willie Bryan Rogers

BBS Signature
StarShine0911
StarShine0911
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to Halloween Spooktacular Oct. 21st, 2013 @ 09:25 PM Reply

At 10/18/13 10:10 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 10/17/13 07:57 PM, StarShine0911 wrote: Q 1) can u enter the contest more than once
You can enter as many times as you like!

Dear tom,
Thank you for replying to my question and taking time out of your busy life to respond XD thx u

Ciullo-Corporation
Ciullo-Corporation
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Halloween Spooktacular Oct. 23rd, 2013 @ 07:17 AM Reply

Nice thing, I'm nearly done my video entry...

Ciullo Corporation - Creativity is our Work

Wanna be a fan?

Ciullo-Corporation
Ciullo-Corporation
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Halloween Spooktacular Oct. 24th, 2013 @ 02:12 PM Reply

Here it is!

• Necromancer
    Necromancer by Ciullo-Corporation

A Ciullo Corporation Halloween Tale

Score
    Under Judgment
    Type
    Movie
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

Ciullo Corporation - Creativity is our Work

Wanna be a fan?

Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Movie Buff
Response to Halloween Spooktacular Oct. 26th, 2013 @ 10:08 AM Reply

Being the prolific reviewer that I am, I always look for new sections that come up and I review whatever's the most popular in the collections or most acclaimed or made by an author I really like. That being said, I love this new thing you did where you listed the score and views on everything in the section. I don't think you had that before the new launch and I appreciate that.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

stupidmovie
stupidmovie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Game Developer
Response to Halloween Spooktacular Oct. 29th, 2013 @ 06:05 PM Reply

Here's my entry! I tried to carve as original of a Halloween game as I could Enjoy!

• Evil Moon's Pumpkin Hunt
    Evil Moon's Pumpkin Hunt by stupidmovie

Defeat Evil Moon's maze of monsters and save Halloween!

Score
    Under Judgment
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    Rated
    Ages 13+

Insanctuary
Insanctuary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Halloween Spooktacular Oct. 31st, 2013 @ 11:49 AM Reply

I am angry that tom did not include Jookabox - You Cried Me in the list of movies and games for Halloween.

V
^

You do not make examples, you make excuses; you do not solve problems, you shift problems; you do not stand behind your statements, you stand behind your stasis.

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Halloween Spooktacular Oct. 31st, 2013 @ 01:49 PM Reply

At 10/31/13 11:49 AM, Insanctuary wrote: I am angry that tom did not include Jookabox - You Cried Me in the list of movies and games for Halloween.

It's an annual collection, You Cried Me is in the 2009 collection.

http://www.newgrounds.com/collection/halloween2009