00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GodsPurpose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Videos arent playing. 2013-10-16 18:17:46

For the last few days Ive been unable to watch videos at all, I figured it might be the site having some trouble but after reading many comments on the videos and asking my friends if they could watch things Ive found I'm alone on this one.

So far I've tried updating things like Flash Player, I've let the page sit there to load, I've refreshed the page a few times, and I've tried using other browsers. Nothing seems to fix it.

Response to Videos arent playing. 2013-10-17 02:45:36

Same problem as well, tried updating flash, settings, even newground's instructions, nothing is working for me for certain videos, I even went ahead and made a playlist of vids I can't watch.

Response to Videos arent playing. 2013-10-17 05:27:45

Neither of you can be helped without you providing some very basic information.

1. What browser (and version) you're using (e.g. Chrome 30.*).
2. What operating system you're using and version (e.g. Windows 8 64 bit).
3. Any browser addons or any other information about your browser that might be relevant.

To a lesser extent:

4. What country you're in.
5. What ISP you're using.

Please give a few examples of movies on the site that aren't working for you, too.

Response to Videos arent playing. 2013-10-17 16:31:06

- Mozilla Firefox
- windows 7 64-bit
- the only app that I think might affect this site would be ad-block, but I've already made this site filtered as safe.
- I live in the USA

The person that opened this topic also stated he used multiple browsers so I figured the info that can be shared about what is wrong with the other browsers as well as how each one can be solved. There should also be a "topic save" since I can't even find the other topic that discussed this problem as well.

Response to Videos arent playing. 2013-10-21 17:13:40

At 10/16/13 06:17 PM, JanxTheDestroyer wrote: For the last few days Ive been unable to watch videos at all

Hrmm...guess I would check to make sure Adblock isn't the culprit if you're using that. You can disable on newgrounds.com or just pause and see if videos play. Otherwise I can't reproduce this with adblock on, paused, etc. in Chrome or Firefox.

Response to Videos arent playing. 2013-10-22 23:44:27

Also keep in mind, certain submissions might not have been properly downloaded by the author. Once the stat pod for the game/movie details is fixed, a dead giveaway is when the filesize reads 0 or a few kbs.

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Videos arent playing. 2013-10-23 16:30:34

I have the same problem... yet again. I had this exactly the same problem back in June, and that time the problem was solved by disabling Adblock. Now even this doesn't work. I'm using Firefox.

Response to Videos arent playing. 2013-10-30 10:22:04

At 10/23/13 04:30 PM, Dragonic wrote: I have the same problem... yet again. I had this exactly the same problem back in June, and that time the problem was solved by disabling Adblock. Now even this doesn't work. I'm using Firefox.

This is a problem with the ad company that handles our preroll ads. I added a timeout to that stuff so if the preroll ad chokes at all the video will start after a few seconds. Hopefully they get their issues fixed and even that small delay goes away.

Response to Videos arent playing. 2013-10-30 17:41:34

I don't know why, but now the vids seem to be working now, I'm able to watch the vids that I play-listed as unwatchable, unfortunately I have no idea how that happened, just suddenly started working. @ VicariousE, as for uploader errors, it may be the submission error, but for those videos, I've seen commentator's posting their comments like the video did worked for them, just certain users somehow aren't able to view them. Though somehow my problems are fixed for now, I'm going to keep looking on to this topic to see if someone has the answer to this problem.

Response to Videos arent playing. 2013-10-30 18:54:58

At 10/30/13 05:41 PM, LonerStrife wrote: I'm going to keep looking on to this topic to see if someone has the answer to this problem.

The answer is right before your post.