00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Game Audio Partnership

926 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Game Audio Partnership 2013-10-12 01:09:27

Greeting,

Recently i saw some mobile games selling their BGM (links to iTunes) in iPhone games.
I am a game developer and i am having hard time in looking for perfect suit game music for my puzzle game.

I wonder if game audio creators really interested in partnership with game developer.
For example, i develop the game and game music creator create a a perfect match music for my game, then in return i will put some iTunes music download link which bring music buyers to iTunes Music store to buy their music.

It's just my initial idea and i am not sure it violate any terms.

Comments & critics are welcome.

Thanks

Response to Game Audio Partnership 2013-10-12 01:20:42

At 10/12/13 01:09 AM, weilies wrote: Greeting,

Recently i saw some mobile games selling their BGM (links to iTunes) in iPhone games.
I am a game developer and i am having hard time in looking for perfect suit game music for my puzzle game.

I wonder if game audio creators really interested in partnership with game developer.
For example, i develop the game and game music creator create a a perfect match music for my game, then in return i will put some iTunes music download link which bring music buyers to iTunes Music store to buy their music.

It's just my initial idea and i am not sure it violate any terms.

Comments & critics are welcome.

Thanks

I think you need to make it clear that if you are doing that, that the music composer will be receiving all income from the sales (or whatever you agreed upon) and that he receives all rights to the music, however you have the rights to use them in your game. But I personally, when I meet a game developer who i am making music for, I am very interested in holding a longterm partnership (if they are cool anyways :P) and I think that reaching out to talk to and connect with the composer is really important. But as for violating any terms, I think that you need to talk with your musician and see what he wants from this, if he isn't sure, make sure to give him a reasonable offer. Also, I'm not sure how many people buy music from iPhone games. He/she might prefer to paid a flat payment, or he/she might want royalties. Communication is very important and figuring out exactly what you both want and coming to an agreement. You don't want to run into any legal trouble anyways. Hope this helped!

Check out my pages!

Soundcloud Youtube Twitter Facebook

Response to Game Audio Partnership 2013-10-12 01:56:53

I think you need to make it clear that if you are doing that, that the music composer will be receiving all income from the sales (or whatever you agreed upon) and that he receives all rights to the music,

The 'Buy BMG' under the game is having a link to the game composer (sorry for didn't use the correct term earlier) iTunes music, so once player buy the game music from iTunes music store, it will directly credit the game composer, not me

I am very interested in holding a longterm partnership (if they are cool anyways :P)

Yes, indeed, that's why i wanna introduce more vibrant in game musics (like custom made music)
But slowly i found the local studio here charge around 60USD/hour or a few hundreds bucks for a single songs...
It increased my development budgets a lots.

make sure to give him a reasonable offer. Also, I'm not sure how many people buy music from iPhone games. He/she might prefer to paid a flat payment, or he/she might want royalties.

Reason why i open up this post, i believe many game developer/studios and composer would like to get fame, money (or both).
And we all taking the risk (which we not sure the music or game is going to be appreciate by public)
So, i (personally) think it's a fair play for both developer (you get a FREE/LOW charges for game musics, which lower down the development budget) and audio composer (you get attention from player, u get a change they will buy your game BMG if they like it much)

You don't want to run into any legal trouble anyways. Hope this helped!

Yes, i believe if the developer is going to cheat the audio composer, they can file a dispute to Apple (i think)

Thanks for spending your time reading.