00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My Drawing! Critique Please!

586 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

My Drawing! Critique Please! 2013-10-06 13:15:50

A lil Drawing I Did An hour ago ... Just Want To Know Peoples Opinion

My Drawing! Critique Please!

Cade $kylar X Damon Thomas - Hell Of Steez (1997) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHwa MqFEhF8

Feel Free To Criticize! On My Video And Drop A Warm Comment! Thank You!

Response to My Drawing! Critique Please! 2013-10-06 13:38:58

What kind of style were you aspiring to, and what effect did you want to produce on the viewer?
I'm new to the whole art thing, I'd like to read feedback on your drawing, too.

Response to My Drawing! Critique Please! 2013-10-07 01:37:45

The linework and shading is a bit simplistic, but it works well enough. That background, however just makes the whole thing way too busy, and kind of ruins it for me.

Response to My Drawing! Critique Please! 2013-10-07 07:31:28

At 10/7/13 01:37 AM, VigorousJammer wrote: The linework and shading is a bit simplistic, but it works well enough. That background, however just makes the whole thing way too busy, and kind of ruins it for me.

This. Your focus is clearly on your subject matter, not on the supporting detail, so the chaotic noise generated in the background only serves to subtract attention from your drawing. I would much rather see a flat color or a very simple design in the background than all of those lines. It is also very dark which drowns out your linework.

... Now about the linework. I see that you added some simple shading. Single-weight, thick black lines all around your drawings does one very specific thing: it flattens the shapes. If you are going to add shading, try to also vary your line width to reflect that (thinner lines for points further away or inner shapes, thicker lines for things closest to the 'camera'). You may consider having no lines at all as well (I personally like linework). That being said, there is a certain pleasure to the slight visual chaos caused by flattening with line and modeling with shading - if this is what you're going for then by all means do, I love that style. If you are going for dimension, though, heed my previous words.

As a final note I'd say take your time with the girl's hair, it looks like the most rushed element in the drawing. I like the simple cartoony style you have going on, with some cleaning up and a little more development it could be quite nice.

(>'-')>