00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Breakfast-Crow just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Art of Flipside U

13,175 Views | 75 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Art of Flipside U 2014-01-07 20:35:09

Tomorrow's the big day of the Flipside U comic reboot! I'll be posting an update soon!

Check out ma awesome original Doujinshi at RMSCOMICS.COM!

BBS Signature

Response to The Art of Flipside U 2014-01-07 20:41:33

At 1/7/14 08:35 PM, SteelMullet wrote: Tomorrow's the big day of the Flipside U comic reboot!

I think you mean I'll be posting a new update, Steel. haha. But yeah, thanks for that bit of Fan art you did awhile back. Super sexy!

BBS Signature

Response to The Art of Flipside U 2014-01-07 21:44:06

At 1/7/14 08:41 PM, FlapjackStudios wrote:
At 1/7/14 08:35 PM, SteelMullet wrote: Tomorrow's the big day of the Flipside U comic reboot!
I think you mean I'll be posting a new update, Steel. haha. But yeah, thanks for that bit of Fan art you did awhile back. Super sexy!

Hi, I just found this post about half hour ago, should of found it earlier I'm really enjoying the comics and your drawing is brilliant. Your character style is the style I'm trying to go for as a newbie. I was wondering aswell are there any tips you can give me for this type of style or do oh know of any video tutorials? (Or have you done one yourself:D)

Finiall, I'm really looking forward to the relaunch!

Thanks,

- Zane

Nothing!

Response to The Art of Flipside U 2014-01-08 17:52:48

The reboot has begun! Introducing New Flipside U: The Josh Neilson Story! The first page of prologue is up! You can find it here by clicking the following link. NFU #00

BBS Signature

Response to The Art of Flipside U 2014-01-14 11:44:25

At 1/7/14 09:44 PM, ZaneKade wrote:
At 1/7/14 08:41 PM, FlapjackStudios wrote:
Hi, I just found this post about half hour ago, should of found it earlier I'm really enjoying the comics and your drawing is brilliant. Your character style is the style I'm trying to go for as a newbie. I was wondering aswell are there any tips you can give me for this type of style or do oh know of any video tutorials? (Or have you done one yourself:D)

Finiall, I'm really looking forward to the relaunch!

Thanks,

- Zane

Well thanks! The relaunch has happened so you can check out the first page HERE!

As for tutorials, I haven't done any but I tell you, 50% is all traditional. I hand draw and ink everything, even backgrounds. To get good I had to draw 1000s of poses and I still mess up sometimes. Maybe I'll make a tutorial someday though. Its a good idea.

BBS Signature

Response to The Art of Flipside U 2014-01-14 12:17:12

What if SteelMullet and Flapjack are the same person. What if.

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to The Art of Flipside U 2014-01-16 13:01:45

Hey we're back with another comic update! This one's called "Accepted." You can check it out HERE!

And ah, here's a little advice. Knock before going into your parents room. Haha. Just to be safe.

Enjoy!

The Art of Flipside U

BBS Signature

Response to The Art of Flipside U 2014-01-22 09:32:42

NFU comic update! Josh gets booted from his home by an angry, drunk woman; his Mother. What's Josh to do now, become homeless? Find out! NFU #02 - Dead to Us!

The Art of Flipside U

BBS Signature

Response to The Art of Flipside U 2014-01-29 11:27:43

NFU Comic update. Josh contemplates life while struggling to remain concious after being hit in the head with a wine bottle.

NFU #03 - Destiny

The Art of Flipside U

BBS Signature

Response to The Art of Flipside U 2014-01-30 13:42:09

seems pretty cool

IT's HREYAS BEETCHOS╥━━━━━━━━╭━━╮━━┳

╢╭╮╭━━━━━┫┃▋▋━▅┣

BBS Signature

Response to The Art of Flipside U 2014-02-08 13:31:24

NFU comic update! We go back in time to watch Josh suffer through Elemtary.

NFU #04 - Flashback P1

The Art of Flipside U

BBS Signature

Response to The Art of Flipside U 2014-02-08 13:32:59

Wow, my spelling is fantastic. "Elementary" is what I meant. haha.

BBS Signature

Response to The Art of Flipside U 2014-02-14 10:24:18

Anyone remember having a hateful teacher like this in elementary school? I do...

NFU #05 - Flashback P2

The Art of Flipside U

BBS Signature

Response to The Art of Flipside U 2014-02-20 09:43:02

Josh is targeted by wannabe school bully Martin after class. Can Josh fend off him and his cronies? Find out in this week's NFU#06!

NFU #06 - Flashback Part 3

© 2014 Ryan Chandler

The Art of Flipside U

BBS Signature

Response to The Art of Flipside U 2014-02-27 10:53:04

Looks like Martin is really committed to the school bully role. He'll make a fine cellmate someday.

NFU #07

The Art of Flipside U

BBS Signature

Response to The Art of Flipside U 2014-02-28 12:42:04

At 2/27/14 01:35 PM, KenOhSama wrote: I'm really enjoying reading through this webcomic so far.

The character designs and overall style looks fantastic. I love the expressiveness and vibrant colours.

It's nice to be able to jump on just as the series is rebooting. I'm going to go back and read through some of the older pages, but I can't wait to see what comes next in the current story ^_^

Why thank you KenOhSama! I'm glad you like it. More NFU comics are on the way. So much more! Thanks again for being awesome and commenting!

BBS Signature

Response to The Art of Flipside U 2014-03-05 09:01:42

New NFU comic is out! Remember Meet the Parents with Ben Stiller? Well it's like that only more dysfunctional and with Josh Neilson.

NFU #08 - Meet the Parents

The Art of Flipside U

BBS Signature

Response to The Art of Flipside U 2014-03-08 00:19:28

Here's some bonus artwork of Michelle., my quasi-goth hipster sexy bitch. Haha. You can check her out in all her violent rage centric glory on my website. http://flapjackstudios.com/fuarchive.shtml

Michelle isn't in my rebooted series NFU yet, but she will be. Expect her to be even more sexy than she is now. If that's humanly possible.

The Art of Flipside U

BBS Signature

Response to The Art of Flipside U 2014-03-13 12:01:21

Somebody get Lori a "Mother of the Year" award, stat. Haha. Seriously, Josh's drawing of a deformed pony isnt that bad, in fact it's kinda cute. This weeks comic stars Josh and his mother, Lori.

NFU #09 - Flashback Part 6

The Art of Flipside U

BBS Signature

Response to The Art of Flipside U 2014-03-19 09:38:41

Josh has a cathartic moment when an infomercial for the famous Flipside University airs on TV.

NFU #10 - Flashback Part 7

The Art of Flipside U

BBS Signature

Response to The Art of Flipside U 2014-03-27 08:00:36

Will Arnett joins the cast of NFU as Dean of Flipside University!

NFU #11

The Art of Flipside U

BBS Signature

Response to The Art of Flipside U 2014-04-02 14:06:00

The second part of the legendary FU infomercial starring Will Arnett.

NFU #12 - Flashback Part 9

The Art of Flipside U

BBS Signature

Response to The Art of Flipside U 2014-04-09 13:02:01

Josh discovers his destiny and it's name is Pablo!

NFU #13 - Flashback Part 10

The Art of Flipside U

BBS Signature

Response to The Art of Flipside U 2014-04-16 10:28:59

A relaxing bath turns into...

http://flapjackstudios.com/nfu14.shtml

The Art of Flipside U

BBS Signature

Response to The Art of Flipside U 2014-04-16 16:30:31

I really like your style, it's pretty unique compared to most "cartoon" styles that I've seen around C: Keep it up!

Response to The Art of Flipside U 2014-04-17 10:03:47

At 4/16/14 04:30 PM, Cyarin wrote: I really like your style, it's pretty unique compared to most "cartoon" styles that I've seen around C: Keep it up!

Why thanks Cyarin! I will keep it up! ^_^

BBS Signature

Response to The Art of Flipside U 2014-04-17 17:24:54

At 4/17/14 11:52 AM, ReNaeNae wrote: I remember a time when a thread like this would get locked for breaking the rules.

Breaking the what? :P

@OP: The only thing that really bothers me about the comic's art are the stock cloud photos in the background and the omnipresent filter / texture on flat background surfaces. The rest goes well for the cartoony approach you are going with.

Also, when does the flashback end? There are four "regular" story pages and 11 flashback pages by now.

BBS Signature

Response to The Art of Flipside U 2014-04-23 13:13:54

At 4/17/14 05:24 PM, Luwano wrote:
At 4/17/14 11:52 AM, ReNaeNae wrote: I remember a time when a thread like this would get locked for breaking the rules.
Breaking the what? :P

@OP: The only thing that really bothers me about the comic's art are the stock cloud photos in the background and the omnipresent filter / texture on flat background surfaces. The rest goes well for the cartoony approach you are going with.

Also, when does the flashback end? There are four "regular" story pages and 11 flashback pages by now.

Thanks for the great feedback Luwano! I'll take that into consideration. The flashback ends soon-ish. There's one more major event before we flash forward.

Also, today I updated my comic!

------------------------------

NFU comic update!

It's Mexican Hat Dance! Sing with me! Andale, andale!

NFU #15 - Mexican Hat Dance

The Art of Flipside U

BBS Signature

Response to The Art of Flipside U 2014-04-30 12:11:29

Josh is pushed too far by his intoxicated mother. Things are said and things happen.

NFU #16 - My Name is Josh!

The Art of Flipside U

BBS Signature

Response to The Art of Flipside U 2014-05-04 12:09:58

Just a short message here... If anyone was wondering why I do not update my news feed on NGs it is because whenever I try, a msg pops up saying "device not supported." I use my phone for everything online so I'm hoping that Android devices will be supported here sometime.

BBS Signature