00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Project system rename?

382 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Project system rename? 2013-09-30 11:15:36

Hello!

First of all, gotta say I love this new project system. So much easier than the old one.

I've been having an issue though. I recently made a relatively small typo on the name of one of my audio submissions.
Despite my scavenging, I haven't been able to find how to rename it. Not entirely sure if this is only on audio or if it affects the whole project system.

Am I missing something, or is the feature not implemented?
If so, could it be added? The small typo really messes with my OCD :(

Thanks in advance!

Who is but the form following the function of what, and what I am is a man in a mask.

Response to Project system rename? 2013-09-30 12:01:54

Looks like the option to change a title isn't available after you've published it. Before publishing, it's easy to change that under 'Publication Details', better really make use of the preview page. :)

I guess the only way to change the title now would be to unpublish, change and publish again (though I don't know how that affects the submission stats, etc, if at all). Or ask a mod to change the title. Could definitely be easier...

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Project system rename? 2013-09-30 12:38:04

At 9/30/13 12:01 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Looks like the option to change a title isn't available after you've published it. Before publishing, it's easy to change that under 'Publication Details', better really make use of the preview page. :)

I guess the only way to change the title now would be to unpublish, change and publish again (though I don't know how that affects the submission stats, etc, if at all). Or ask a mod to change the title. Could definitely be easier...

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

I tried unpublishing the audio. Appearently that doesn't seem to affect any stats (see picture below). However, there is no option to rename.

If you ask me, this is silly. Any motivation to not allow changing the name of a submission after publish? By the way, I usually make use of the preview feature and triple-check everything but this time the typo went completely unnoticed :(

Project system rename?

Who is but the form following the function of what, and what I am is a man in a mask.

Response to Project system rename? 2013-09-30 12:59:03

At 9/30/13 12:38 PM, lemon42 wrote: I tried unpublishing the audio. Appearently that doesn't seem to affect any stats (see picture below). However, there is no option to rename.

That's good to know! Shame you can't rename though. I'm guessing the limit is there to prevent people from continually changing titles and adding to server load/maybe making it harder for users. IDK...

By the way, I usually make use of the preview feature and triple-check everything but this time the typo went completely unnoticed :(

I spot a typo in your post above too. ;) It happens to everyone though, best bet: enable spellcheck?

BBS Signature

Response to Project system rename? 2013-09-30 13:17:08

At 9/30/13 12:59 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: That's good to know! Shame you can't rename though. I'm guessing the limit is there to prevent people from continually changing titles and adding to server load/maybe making it harder for users. IDK...

Yeah, it's just silly. I'm pretty sure it's a pretty trivial feature to implement.
Any way to get an official staff response though? Or at least get their attention? Maybe they just forgot?

Also, who can I contact to get my audio's title changed? Any ideas? :0

best bet: enable spellcheck?

Too much of a hassle, I work in three different languages, really don't want to have to continually switch between them :L

Thanks again!

Response to Project system rename? 2013-09-30 14:26:55

At 9/30/13 01:17 PM, lemon42 wrote: Any way to get an official staff response though? Or at least get their attention? Maybe they just forgot?

They probably have their hands full with other bugs and features, but you can always get ahold of the staff through the PM system. Here's the list.

Also, who can I contact to get my audio's title changed? Any ideas? :0

An audio mod probably. That list may be a bit outdated though, you can always check their profile to see if they're a mod or not.

Too much of a hassle, I work in three different languages, really don't want to have to continually switch between them :L

Oh, that is a hassle. I switch between two, but not that often so it's workable.

Thanks again!

No problem!

BBS Signature