Respond to this Topic
Matt-Porter
Matt-Porter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Game Developer
Response to Important Store News Sep. 27th, 2013 @ 02:15 PM Reply

At 9/27/13 12:17 AM, deathink wrote: Yeah I see good things coming from the focus on digital merchandise. And I agree with @matt-porter about becoming a pub, I always figured it was a matter of time. I think the integration of the social functions and the multi-player functions or really going to make this a viable option.

You sir, are accidentally on to something entirely new and exciting. Newgrounds should open a pub - @deathink thought of it first!

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Important Store News Sep. 27th, 2013 @ 02:30 PM Reply

At 9/27/13 02:15 PM, Matt-Porter wrote: You sir, are accidentally on to something entirely new and exciting. Newgrounds should open a pub - @deathink thought of it first!

We actually were gonna brew Tank Beer once, "Get Tanked!"

Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Important Store News Sep. 27th, 2013 @ 04:04 PM Reply

I tried to buy stuff ages ago, but my debit card wouldn't work. I never got to add stuff. :(

Maybe if I get lucky with money very soon I'll get a shirt and some stickers.

I hope the NG Mobile App happens.

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Important Store News Sep. 27th, 2013 @ 10:57 PM Reply

At 9/25/13 03:04 PM, GACBassPlayer wrote: Looks like it's finally time to pull the trigger on a NG shirt. I've only been putting it off for like... 10 years.

Same. And I'm super sad.

The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
Tribal
Tribal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Programmer
Response to Important Store News Sep. 28th, 2013 @ 06:20 AM Reply

I'm glad to see, Tom, that you still have a large interest in the future of this site and that we and itself are on your mind. Unfortunately, since there removal of a physical items store will have a negative financial effect on you too, I'd suggest adding a few more minor features to the Supporter status that wouldn't really cost anything in providing.

Perhaps some color changes in text and titles where the user who has it shows up. A little star or at least a small block of pixels next to a submission in a portal to slightly enunciate the fact that someone paying to keep the site going has submitted something (so that it is likely of at least some more value, no one who pays for this site is going to submit half-assed tests or 4-second looping animations or other spam).

Maybe the alleviation of a post-number restriction (or as much of a restriction as it is now) to the users who are fervent enough to want to actually contribute. (I'm talking, of course, about the 4 posts per thread per 30 minutes and the 4 threads per day limits; not that they have to be entirely dismissed, but merely softened for paying customers).

Maybe some added flair to a supporter's user page as well as in the chat. 25$ isn't a very large amount of money, but it's high enough to keep a whole lot of people from just giving it away for a color change, and the effect that adblocker browser addons already do for them. People do care about the site, but I think such minor, free additions could persuade them to dig a little deeper into their pockets and get something that at least feels more worthwhile for the year they're getting it.

Just a suggestion I think will yield a noticeable profit.
NG fo lyfe.

Join chat | In Obscurity Forever.| Least noticed user '13? Vote for me!
Sig by Me.

BBS Signature
YoMamma1357901
YoMamma1357901
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Important Store News Sep. 28th, 2013 @ 12:25 PM Reply

At 9/25/13 02:25 PM, TomFulp wrote: This past year I've had a growing resolve to end the sale of physical goods in the NG store.

*weeping* Order all the things!

~ A Random Wombat ~
Stupidity killed the cat, curiosity was framed.

Click Me!

BBS Signature
MINDSTORM90000
MINDSTORM90000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Important Store News Sep. 28th, 2013 @ 02:06 PM Reply

What? What? WHAT!?!? WHY THE HELL ARE YOU REMOVING THE STORE! I WAS GOING TO BUY A TANKMAN!! WHY???

MINDSTORM90000

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Audiophile
Response to Important Store News Sep. 28th, 2013 @ 02:16 PM Reply

Hold up, wasn't the tankman just $15 not too long ago? It definitely wasn't $25. I'm on to you.

BBS Signature
Whirlguy
Whirlguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Animator
Response to Important Store News Sep. 28th, 2013 @ 05:58 PM Reply

At 9/28/13 02:16 PM, Jackho wrote: Hold up, wasn't the tankman just $15 not too long ago? It definitely wasn't $25. I'm on to you.

Awww man! I've always meant to blow loads of cash on the the store merch, and I would have done so years prior if it wasn't for the shitty payment options. I'm not just saying that; it's true. So keep the store and work on adding more payment options. I believe it makes all the difference!

Whirlguy Whirls your Whirld.

BBS Signature
Psycho666
Psycho666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Important Store News Sep. 28th, 2013 @ 11:30 PM Reply

All I read was, "we'd rather close the store than make you wait a few days, or weeks, for us to even start shipping your order."

Couldn't you just put a disclaimer about it being tough to get around to shipping it in a timely manner?

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Important Store News Sep. 30th, 2013 @ 09:24 AM Reply

At 9/28/13 02:16 PM, Jackho wrote: Hold up, wasn't the tankman just $15 not too long ago? It definitely wasn't $25. I'm on to you.

We had reduced it to $15 to sell more but it didn't really have an impact, so we changed it to $25 months ago - not related to the store closing. The Tankman is worth $25 and we were cheapening the perception of its quality by selling it for $15.

NeMeSiSM66
NeMeSiSM66
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Important Store News Oct. 7th, 2013 @ 12:44 AM Reply

I bought four shirts just now~

Stevenscar
Stevenscar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to Important Store News Oct. 7th, 2013 @ 09:33 PM Reply

Attention Newgrounds:

Mystery Boxes are now in stock. I just ordered mine along with a few stickers.

I've always wanted to get one, but I've never been at the right place in the right time. With this store announcement, I wanted to make sure I would finally get one before it was too late.

BBS Signature
NeMeSiSM66
NeMeSiSM66
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Important Store News Oct. 10th, 2013 @ 11:38 PM Reply

At 10/7/13 12:44 AM, NeMeSiSM66 wrote: I bought four shirts just now~

Got my shirts today! Awesome stuff, money well spent!