Respond to this Topic
Elixur
Elixur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Important Store News 2013-09-25 23:36:51 Reply

Seems everywhere I turn this week has been bad news after bad news, both in my hobbies and my personal life.

I type this while wearing a NG shirt. This is a sad day.

BBS Signature
Chumbawamba
Chumbawamba
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Audiophile
Response to Important Store News 2013-09-26 00:22:02 Reply

At 9/25/13 11:36 PM, Elixur wrote: I type this while wearing a NG shirt. This is a sad day.

I wore my Dr. Fetus shirt just a few days ago after having found it in my closet. Good times were had by my torso.

Any clock shirts kicking around, by any chance? WPT$

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Musician
Response to Important Store News 2013-09-26 00:38:03 Reply

Hey @Tom do you know when or if you'll be getting any more Tank shirts in stock?
Because the only one you have thats my size thats in stock is Green.
And I can't say I'm that big of a fan of that particular shade of green....

Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
thekillzar
thekillzar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Animator
Response to Important Store News 2013-09-26 01:12:22 Reply

Well this blows.

At least it's not going to go away for a while. I'm still saving up for a Red Baron Poster, a Tankmen figurine and that Supporter upgrade.

What sucks though is that my waiting out for a Dad n' Me plush doll will never happen. Not even a Chainsaw Dad action figure. My dreams...they are shattered. :(

BBS Signature
DCzerkies42
DCzerkies42
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to Important Store News 2013-09-26 02:02:44 Reply

It's hard this site gets recognition, but not enough, and its sad to me because this site has great potential. I understand some people are sad about it, but newgrounds could always go through other sites like shark-robot to sell their stuff. The thing is this site brings amazing artists together. Seriously! Some great artists, that all want to advance in their careers and future. If the community was to step up like it used to. Its' not like it doesn't anymore, but if everyone was to step up and show that this site is about exploring different types of art, and getting to be in a community not just some site for shits and giggles of people making cartoons. We need to show people that this site stands as a great place to learn about animating, photoshop, regular paintings, and more it would be amazing, for example this artist is all paintings=http://ninja1987.newgrounds.com/ And some artists do clay work. It has such variety that it is truly amazing. Honestly I don't go on to the site as much since I have work and I moved, and I'm just getting alot of stuff going on, but if we get people aware of how much of an open community this is and how many people can get some amazing recognition, and learn some amazing things it would build an even bigger community. LETS step up together. If I sound like some corny shit to you I'm sorry, but honestly this site means a lot to me because it got me to animate, whether my stuff is shit or not and it has gotten me to know what I want to do in my life.

Animation I want to be the Best Fucker.

BBS Signature
BoobMarley
BoobMarley
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Reader
Response to Important Store News 2013-09-26 02:07:29 Reply

At 9/25/13 02:25 PM, TomFulp wrote: This past year...

If I don't spend my $25 store credit before the store closes down, can it rollover and be put towards purchasing personal items from staff members? What kind of shirts do you all wear?

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Reader
Response to Important Store News 2013-09-26 02:48:59 Reply

This is sad news. But hopefully this'll mean we'll get some more mystery boxes. I always loved those.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG Trophy Leaderboard / NG User Icon Makers / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Important Store News 2013-09-26 02:59:00 Reply

At 9/25/13 02:25 PM, TomFulp wrote: This past year I've had a growing resolve to end the sale of physical goods in the NG store. This will likely happen in early 2014

I feel sick

no one talk to me

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
marowiska
marowiska
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Important Store News 2013-09-26 04:15:13 Reply

Is there a problem with loging on? Had an error for like 5min.

Sword-of-Kings
Sword-of-Kings
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Important Store News 2013-09-26 04:25:02 Reply

Aw fuck...

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to Important Store News 2013-09-26 05:59:19 Reply

At 9/25/13 02:25 PM, TomFulp wrote: You can also buy the just-released Clabtrap 2012 Compilation CD!

I've been waiting for this! Time to place an order then.

That will bring our navbar down to five items, making things just a little less complicated looking when you glance at the site.

If the menu items are still the same width you could fit in a Submit button again. Or a... portal button? I'll keep dreaming..

I ultimately want to remove the rollover dropdown menus from the navbar but we need to work out a few more things to be sure no pages get lost in the shuffle.

:)

But yeah, sorry for the downer.

The shop will be missed, though this wasn't all bad news. What about the classic stickers though, will they be gone too?? How will people be able to spread the word about this place without word without such easily placeable propaganda! Apart from supporter upgrades btw, you could also have digital versions of artist discs/music, a financial boost without required packing.

Another idea could be a system where any user could create paid downloads, all listed in a common interface or/and via their profiles. You could take out provision on payment processing to pay for the hosting. Being allowed to offer downloads could be a feature limited to users with a certain amount of fans/submissions/ratings. Certain paid downloads could be linked to certain submissions, premium versions of games, extra material for animations, full album downloads linked to specific tracks, etc. Would be great to hear your opinion.

FiendMachine
FiendMachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Game Developer
Response to Important Store News 2013-09-26 07:09:57 Reply

and I was waiting when you will add the feature of buying from the store using money from your NG account.I want to buy a madness poster :/

YES.FREE PIZZA.FREE HAPPINESS.

BBS Signature
GunboyIsAwesome
GunboyIsAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Animator
Response to Important Store News 2013-09-26 08:58:43 Reply

aw that's a shame! i'm gonna buy a lot of stuff then.

shit

BBS Signature
Satan
Satan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Important Store News 2013-09-26 08:59:01 Reply

Gah, well fuck. I kinda wanted a Tankman Figure, but I'm fucking skint lately, and I can't afford to throw even a penny around right now.

BBS Signature
idle
idle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Important Store News 2013-09-26 09:38:24 Reply

I'm wearing my NG shirt right now. Smooth.

BBS Mod. PM with queries and complaints if you must.

LazyTV | Stuff White People Like

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Important Store News 2013-09-26 09:58:43 Reply

At 9/25/13 08:43 PM, bigjonny13 wrote: Actually, what does this mean for all the people who have store credit/what about future contests where you used to give store credit out?

We will likely have other ways to spend it in the future, besides the supporter option.

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
Elias-Z
Elias-Z
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Writer
Response to Important Store News 2013-09-26 10:00:14 Reply

bad news :(
can my movie be included in the MD13 collection? :)

*Forum signature*

insert-brain-here
insert-brain-here
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Animator
Response to Important Store News 2013-09-26 11:06:32 Reply

Great that you guys are doing what you have to for the good of the site.

I just hope you wait until after January so I can grab one of everything when my pay is in.

Zachary
Zachary
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to Important Store News 2013-09-26 12:48:58 Reply

At 9/26/13 09:58 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 9/25/13 08:43 PM, bigjonny13 wrote: Actually, what does this mean for all the people who have store credit/what about future contests where you used to give store credit out?
We will likely have other ways to spend it in the future, besides the supporter option.

Lap dances from the staff?

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Important Store News 2013-09-26 12:57:49 Reply

At 9/26/13 12:48 PM, Zachary wrote:
At 9/26/13 09:58 AM, TomFulp wrote: We will likely have other ways to spend it in the future, besides the supporter option.
Lap dances from the staff?

Whatever it takes!

BBS Signature
TacoJuans
TacoJuans
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to Important Store News 2013-09-26 13:12:05 Reply

Was this just an ingenious plot to sell more NG items I mean you sold 28 things in the last 24 hours

TheMAM
TheMAM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Animator
Response to Important Store News 2013-09-26 13:59:02 Reply

But... I... never got a chance to buy anything...

horsenwelles
horsenwelles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Movie Buff
Response to Important Store News 2013-09-26 14:10:37 Reply

taking out the store revenue will be a huge loss... i'm thinking that you might want to take the blip api route of adblock evasion if you want to see those ad profits improve to compensate.

all you'd have to do is place an api that causes a very boring grey screen with some text that says "sorry adblockers, but you have to wait an extra 30 seconds than non-blockers." or something similar in order to encourage less blockers on the site and more cash for you.

honestly it does work and people do disable for blip because of it.

flank, the dog

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Important Store News 2013-09-26 14:23:13 Reply

At 9/26/13 01:18 PM, Mia wrote: Here's an idea, free of charge, Tom. You know it would bring in viewers :P

Don't tempt me.

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Important Store News 2013-09-26 15:07:31 Reply

Aww, was thinking of getting more shirts later, may have to do so sooner then

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
MSGhero
MSGhero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Game Developer
Response to Important Store News 2013-09-26 15:12:22 Reply

At 9/26/13 02:10 PM, horsenwelles wrote: all you'd have to do is place an api that causes a very boring grey screen with some text that says "sorry adblockers, but you have to wait an extra 30 seconds than non-blockers." or something similar in order to encourage less blockers on the site and more cash for you.

I feel like we'd lose all the 14 yr olds if that happened. Good news would be other art and movies might stand a chance versus boobies in popularity.

evanarmagast
evanarmagast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Animator
Response to Important Store News 2013-09-26 15:55:40 Reply

so i was attempting a large check out, and at the last screen, it redirected me to the first check out screen. i checked to see if my purchases had been changed on my profile page, but nothing had been added. i'm kind of tempted to fill out my information again and submit another request, but i'd hate to have two charges on my account. any word on what happened/what i should do?

crazy? i'm not crazy. i'm a table.

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Important Store News 2013-09-26 15:59:23 Reply

At 9/26/13 09:58 AM, TomFulp wrote:

I had a thought here.
How about offering digital downloads of things? Such as the CDs that the store currently offers. Once the store loses physical items, what about having digital downloads for the CD, allowing for those projects to continue in the future.

Nacco
Nacco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Important Store News 2013-09-26 16:08:31 Reply

Is there any way you could make Newgrounds merch available to people without having to spend much of your own recources?
Like making the T-shirt designs available in some way so people can get the T-shirts printed themselves. And maybe even make some sort of digital 3D files of the figurines into downloadable content so they can be printed by a 3D printer.
This could also cut down on the the shipping costs for overseas Newgrounders. The high shipping costs are the only thing that kept me from buying NG merch from the store. The downloadable content page could include a donations button...

If not, how would you feel about people from the NG community making Negrounds related merch. Would they have to pay some sort of copyright fees?

badfurrykitty
badfurrykitty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Animator
Response to Important Store News 2013-09-26 16:11:59 Reply

Be still my beating heart

Sexy Yes? I would think so :3