Mysterious-pig
Mysterious-pig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 13
Blank Slate
A Newgrounds room in plug.dj Sep. 14th, 2013 @ 07:12 PM Reply

Long story short:I encourage anyone to create a NG room on http://plug.dj, a music-oriented social website (works similarly to turntable.fm) and work on bringing users and artists from the Audio Portal over, making a great environment to listen to the best Audio Portal tracks while with the very artists who created them, and other NG users. A screenshot of what it looks like should be at the end of this post.

Long story: I've been using NG since I was 13 (I'm now 22), but I never participated much in the NG community (shame on me). Now I am volunteer global moderator and promoter (called a Brand Ambassador) at http://plug.dj , a music-oriented social app with over 2 million accounts. In it, users can chat while listening to music picked by other users (temporary DJs). Songs are streamed directly from Youtube or Soundcloud, so anyone can play any song to the people in their room, as long as they upload it to one of those sites. A screenshot of what it looks like should be at the end of this post.

Now imagine if NG had a room on plug. Artists and users could get to know each other while playing famous classics from the Audio Portal. They could showcase new songs or WIPs and get real-time feedback. All it would take them is uploading the songs to Youtube or Soundcloud. It would be awesome! And it wouldn't take much, just creating the room, getting some trustworthy NG regulars to moderate the room, promoting popular Audio Portal artists to featured DJs, and advertising the room in the forums.

I really love NG, and joining it with plug would be incredible. The only reasons why I don't do this myself is that being an Ambassador means I shouldn't dedicate myself to one room, and I don't have any notoriety within the NG community to draw people in. Ideally, someone famous within NG should spearhead this initiative, but anyone would work, if they have enough time and willingness.

I hope you all are as excited with the idea as I am,

~Nantes

A Newgrounds room in plug.dj

Blackhole12
Blackhole12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to A Newgrounds room in plug.dj Sep. 15th, 2013 @ 02:34 PM Reply

At 9/14/13 07:12 PM, Mysterious-pig wrote: Songs are streamed directly from Youtube or Soundcloud

Newgrounds streams audio from publicly accessible MP3 files, as has been demonstrated with various radio programs. It would take like 20 lines of additional code for the website to support streaming directly from Newgrounds.

I don't see any reason why Newgrounds should have a room on this website until the website actually supports Newgrounds itself.

Sti2nd
Sti2nd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to A Newgrounds room in plug.dj Sep. 15th, 2013 @ 04:42 PM Reply

Yeah! I think anyone could create this room...

But why don't NG and Plug.dj cooperate to make playback of NG audio in plug possible?

lasse
lasse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Melancholy
Response to A Newgrounds room in plug.dj Sep. 16th, 2013 @ 06:24 PM Reply

At 9/15/13 04:42 PM, Sti2nd wrote: Yeah! I think anyone could create this room...

But why don't NG and Plug.dj cooperate to make playback of NG audio in plug possible?

because nobody cares about newgrounds anymore, even less so the audio portal

BBS Signature
Mysterious-pig
Mysterious-pig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to A Newgrounds room in plug.dj Sep. 18th, 2013 @ 06:52 PM Reply

At 9/15/13 02:34 PM, Blackhole12 wrote:
At 9/14/13 07:12 PM, Mysterious-pig wrote:
Newgrounds streams audio from publicly accessible MP3 files, as has been demonstrated with various radio programs. It would take like 20 lines of additional code for the website to support streaming directly from Newgrounds.

Awesome, I am suggesting the idea to the admins right now :)

AeroMusic
AeroMusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to A Newgrounds room in plug.dj Sep. 21st, 2013 @ 07:24 PM Reply

I think this would be an awesome idea but plug.dj doesn't look too bouncing most the times apart from like the big monstercat & suicidesheep servers