KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Choir Phrase Builder Sep. 8th, 2013 @ 03:45 PM Reply

EastWest/QuantumLeap Symphonic Choir has a phrase/word builder. Vocaloid 3 is a synth builder. Both are too complex. Other programs I know have phrase builder is Requiem Pro/Light and Voxos.

Is there any other program similar to these? I search and search but find nothing...

samulis
samulis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to Choir Phrase Builder Sep. 8th, 2013 @ 04:33 PM Reply

At 9/8/13 03:45 PM, Elitistinen wrote: EastWest/QuantumLeap Symphonic Choir has a phrase/word builder. Vocaloid 3 is a synth builder. Both are too complex. Other programs I know have phrase builder is Requiem Pro/Light and Voxos.

Is there any other program similar to these? I search and search but find nothing...

I don't think faux choir technology is advanced enough to really get a good result without lots of intense tweaking. I haven't found much myself, but then again, I don't much use choirs. Perhaps one of the other orchestral/cinematic peeps might have a better idea.

My Music - Virtual Instruments - Website
Orchestral/Cinematic Composer

BBS Signature
JacobCadmus
JacobCadmus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Choir Phrase Builder Sep. 8th, 2013 @ 05:40 PM Reply

Soundiron Olympus Choir

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to Choir Phrase Builder Sep. 9th, 2013 @ 07:12 AM Reply

Well, you may try the Vowel Ensemble Choir Pack we made together with Selcuk Bor (from Symphony of Specters).
The Kontakt version has all AEIOU controlled by mod wheel.

Bspendlove
Bspendlove
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Choir Phrase Builder Sep. 9th, 2013 @ 07:57 AM Reply

At 9/8/13 03:45 PM, Elitistinen wrote: EastWest/QuantumLeap Symphonic Choir has a phrase/word builder.

If you learn and study how to use the Word builder then the outcomes can be insane... My old school teacher (I say this like all the time) showed me a composition he done for a trailer and I think its just incredible how he done it with SC.

It would be cool to just pull something out the software without having to study it but I don't think that can happen...

It took me about 3 bloody weeks to find out how to load it with Cubase until I noticed I was loading the wrong instrument patch. xD

CentralComposers - Cinematic, Hybrid and Soundtrack Sample libraries.

Sound Designer and Kontakt programmer.

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Choir Phrase Builder Sep. 9th, 2013 @ 05:21 PM Reply

At 9/9/13 07:57 AM, Bspendlove wrote: It took me about 3 bloody weeks to find out how to load it with Cubase until I noticed I was loading the wrong instrument patch. xD

And it crashes for me every time I try to load more than 5 instruments. The PLAY is already monstrous, now you have WordBuilder running along with the PLAY. It's scary.

I see the potential of Symphonic Choir. Just the crashes let me down.

Bspendlove
Bspendlove
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Choir Phrase Builder Sep. 9th, 2013 @ 05:33 PM Reply

At 9/9/13 05:21 PM, Elitistinen wrote: And it crashes for me every time I try to load more than 5 instruments. The PLAY is already monstrous, now you have WordBuilder running along with the PLAY. It's scary.

OH shit I forgot to mention... I don't have the play version because I think it sucks big time... I have the old one when they used the Kontakt powered version. :)

CentralComposers - Cinematic, Hybrid and Soundtrack Sample libraries.

Sound Designer and Kontakt programmer.

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Choir Phrase Builder Sep. 9th, 2013 @ 07:04 PM Reply

At 9/9/13 05:33 PM, Bspendlove wrote:
At 9/9/13 05:21 PM, Elitistinen wrote: And it crashes for me every time I try to load more than 5 instruments. The PLAY is already monstrous, now you have WordBuilder running along with the PLAY. It's scary.

OH shit I forgot to mention... I don't have the play version because I think it sucks big time... I have the old one when they used the Kontakt powered version. :)

I heard the old one is less buggy than the new one. I could try to buy it cheap on eBay. I got the newer version because addition of instruments.