00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Which Franchise Would You Revive?

4,271 Views | 60 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Which Franchise Would You Revive? 2013-09-08 13:00:11

Say you earned a couple of million dollars & you didn't become a huge douchey-fuck & decided to bring back a game series that was abandoned by slimy businessmen, which one would it be? what new features would you give it?

I would bring back, "Brave Fencer Musashi"...this was probably one of the best adventure-action titles I played aside from Zelda. Sadly the sequel tried to ditch what made so cool, & became so pretentious as shit & forgot what made the 1st game so cool. I would upgrade the feel but keep the vibe of the 1st one. New features i would put in would resemble "Zelda: Phantom Hourglass" but with more puzzle's based around 2D & 3D like how "Super Mario 3D Land" did it.

LORD OF CHEESEBURGERS mobile coming soon, ya little yentas

BBS Signature

Response to Which Franchise Would You Revive? 2013-09-08 13:09:12

Star Tropics would be a cool one to see again. The first two games on the NES were really damn good.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Which Franchise Would You Revive? 2013-09-08 13:32:01

I'd like to have another proper KotoR game be made because I refuse to consider The Old Republic a part of the series.

Response to Which Franchise Would You Revive? 2013-09-08 13:32:11

Mega Man. Capcom sure as hell isn't doing shit with him

Response to Which Franchise Would You Revive? 2013-09-08 14:08:12

I would revive either Wing Commander because it's Wing Commander or Psychonauts. Psychonauts may not be a franchise but if we revive it, it can become one!

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Which Franchise Would You Revive? 2013-09-08 14:13:32

At 9/8/13 01:32 PM, Blitzkrieg667 wrote: Mega Man. Capcom sure as hell isn't doing shit with him

have you seen the Mighty NO.9 by the guy who created Megaman?? that game looks amazing!

BBS Signature

Response to Which Franchise Would You Revive? 2013-09-08 14:23:54

At 9/8/13 02:08 PM, J-Rex wrote: I would revive either Wing Commander because it's Wing Commander or Psychonauts. Psychonauts may not be a franchise but if we revive it, it can become one!

ahh Wing Commander will forever be a classic, it could work so well on next-gen consoles

BBS Signature

Response to Which Franchise Would You Revive? 2013-09-08 14:49:30

At 9/8/13 02:08 PM, J-Rex wrote: I would revive either Wing Commander because it's Wing Commander or Psychonauts. Psychonauts may not be a franchise but if we revive it, it can become one!

A new Wing Commander would be so cool. Space combat sims seem to be dead in general.

I'd revive 2D oddworld, or just classic PoP style runny-jumpy-secret-ridden-enemy-avoiding games, if there's a word for that.

Response to Which Franchise Would You Revive? 2013-09-08 15:04:07

At 9/8/13 02:49 PM, Jackho wrote: A new Wing Commander would be so cool. Space combat sims seem to be dead in general.

I'd revive 2D oddworld, or just classic PoP style runny-jumpy-secret-ridden-enemy-avoiding games, if there's a word for that.

Space combat sims are kinda dead. I actually think Wing Commander got a fan release. Isn't there a new Oddworld coming out on Ps4?

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Which Franchise Would You Revive? 2013-09-08 15:04:28

At 9/8/13 01:09 PM, ZJ wrote: Star Tropics would be a cool one to see again. The first two games on the NES were really damn good.

Hey, someone else remembers Star Tropics. Neat.

I'd probably revive Mega Man Legends, though. Those games are the shit.

Response to Which Franchise Would You Revive? 2013-09-08 15:21:24

At 9/8/13 03:04 PM, J-Rex wrote: Isn't there a new Oddworld coming out on Ps4?

There's been a remake of the original in production for way too long now. It might revive some interest in that type of gameplay but I think it'll probably end up like the Flashback remake.

Response to Which Franchise Would You Revive? 2013-09-08 15:23:57

At 9/8/13 03:21 PM, Jackho wrote:
There's been a remake of the original in production for way too long now. It might revive some interest in that type of gameplay but I think it'll probably end up like the Flashback remake.

http://www.wcsaga.com/ Found it.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Which Franchise Would You Revive? 2013-09-08 16:11:34

I don't think this is a franchise per se, but Ristar. The best game ever that got no recognition because of its late release, which is unfortunate.

Hello.

Response to Which Franchise Would You Revive? 2013-09-08 16:33:47

The World Ends With You
That game was fucking amazing, and the only thing it ever got was a port to the iPhone. There are so many people advocating for a sequel, and it would sell so well.

Response to Which Franchise Would You Revive? 2013-09-08 19:45:14

Day of the Tentacle/maniac mansion, seriously those games either needs to be remade or re-released.

Response to Which Franchise Would You Revive? 2013-09-08 21:02:21

I would love to see Banjo Threeie made by the same Rare team that did Banjo Kazooie and Tooie.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Which Franchise Would You Revive? 2013-09-09 16:49:42

Timesplitters 4 would make me come, even though a new Timesplitters game is coming (Timesplitters Rewind) I would like to see a 4th installment in the series.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Which Franchise Would You Revive? 2013-09-09 17:19:22

I would definitely produce a healthy sequel/prequel combo to Legend of Dragoon, with the prequel taking place during the dragon campaign.

The sequel though... i have no idea where to pick up. Maybe bring dragoons to a modern setting.

Totally not a meth cook

BBS Signature

Response to Which Franchise Would You Revive? 2013-09-09 19:06:21

At 9/8/13 03:23 PM, J-Rex wrote:
At 9/8/13 03:21 PM, Jackho wrote:
http://www.wcsaga.com/ Found it.

I just realized I posted a wing commander link while I was talking about Oddworld. So I will correct my self. http://www.oddworld.com/games/new-n-tasty/ New Oddworld game. Not 2-D though.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Which Franchise Would You Revive? 2013-09-09 19:42:36

Half-Life, Quake, and Doom.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Which Franchise Would You Revive? 2013-09-10 08:00:07

At 9/8/13 09:02 PM, Auz wrote: I would love to see Banjo Threeie made by the same Rare team that did Banjo Kazooie and Tooie.

the fact Microsoft didn't think of this to be a Xbox One launch title, shows RARE sold their souls to them & got burned on that deal

BBS Signature

Response to Which Franchise Would You Revive? 2013-09-10 11:15:42

I'd bring back one from the SNES, StarTropics. Man, that game is still fun to play through. If not that, then Battle Hunter from the PSX. Despite being a bargain bin game, it's been valued at several lulz by most of my friends that have tried that. Getting an online function for that would be -neat-

Response to Which Franchise Would You Revive? 2013-09-10 11:45:42

Metal Arms, Steambot Chronicles, and Croc
A sequel to Metal Arms was planned when the company was bought by Blizzard, and Steambot Chronicles 2 was canned after that hurricane/tornado/earthquake happened to Japan.
As for the Croc series, the company went bankrupt and I don't think anybody has the rights to the series. There is a fan sequel in development, but it looks like shit.

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Which Franchise Would You Revive? 2013-09-10 12:01:47

At 9/10/13 11:45 AM, Eddmario wrote: Steambot Chronicles,
and Steambot Chronicles 2 was canned after that hurricane/tornado/earthquake happened to Japan.

Dude...i didn't know this, Imma big Steambot Chronicles fan...thats when the PS2 was in its heyday & RPGs was coming out the wazoo

BBS Signature

Response to Which Franchise Would You Revive? 2013-09-10 14:36:52

At 9/8/13 02:13 PM, tha-chiller wrote:
At 9/8/13 01:32 PM, Blitzkrieg667 wrote: Mega Man. Capcom sure as hell isn't doing shit with him
have you seen the Mighty NO.9 by the guy who created Megaman?? that game looks amazing!

Yes, but to anyone who played all the megaman games and was following that long storyline it is still a huge disappointment that we were left on a cliff hanger with ZX advent, don't get to find out if our speculations of the ZX series tying to the Legends series is true, don't get to finish the legend series, or fill in the plot hole between X and Zero storylines or original to X story lines (although at least we do know what happens, even though original to X is still theory),

Mighty No. 9 doesn't mean squat. Even if it will be a great game, what is going to make me want to follow a new storyline by the same guy who abandoned a great one?

Response to Which Franchise Would You Revive? 2013-09-10 15:34:00

I still don't get how he never got a PS3 release...

BBS Signature

Response to Which Franchise Would You Revive? 2013-09-10 15:35:25

At 9/10/13 02:36 PM, Aethos wrote:
At 9/8/13 02:13 PM, tha-chiller wrote:
Yes, but to anyone who played all the megaman games and was following that long storyline it is still a huge disappointment that we were left on a cliff hanger with ZX advent, don't get to find out if our speculations of the ZX series tying to the Legends series is true, don't get to finish the legend series, or fill in the plot hole between X and Zero storylines or original to X story lines (although at least we do know what happens, even though original to X is still theory),

Mighty No. 9 doesn't mean squat. Even if it will be a great game, what is going to make me want to follow a new storyline by the same guy who abandoned a great one?

True but he didn't abandon it, Capcom has become a huge mega-corporate empire out to disappoint the same people who built that company. Kenji was often denied any chances to deal with Megaman Legends or Megaman at all.

BBS Signature

Response to Which Franchise Would You Revive? 2013-09-10 16:24:36

At 9/10/13 03:34 PM, JayTheWiz wrote: I still don't get how he never got a PS3 release...

And to think he was supposed to be Sony's answer to Mario and Sonic.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Which Franchise Would You Revive? 2013-09-10 16:29:26

At 9/10/13 04:24 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 9/10/13 03:34 PM, JayTheWiz wrote: I still don't get how he never got a PS3 release...
And to think he was supposed to be Sony's answer to Mario and Sonic.

I know right!? He wasn't even in Playstation All-All Stars Battle Royale and yet guys like Heihachi Mishima were! Outrageous... Of course, a couple of exclusions from that game (Spyro, for instance) were pretty wallbanger worthy too.

BBS Signature

Response to Which Franchise Would You Revive? 2013-09-10 18:04:59

I would so love to see a Dark Cloud game again... The first Dark Cloud is such an underrated gem from PS2's early days, while its sequel expands on it and it's a very engaging experience. Too bad Level 5 is focusing on other stuff right now, but I loved those games, especially Dark Chronicle (or Dark Cloud 2 in the US).

BBS Signature