AntonOxenuk
AntonOxenuk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Personal art topic 2013-09-06 22:29:43 Reply

Hey
So I'm currently bored so I decided to create a topic with my stuff here like some people suggested. Feel free to ask me questions and post any feedback and anything really.
I dunno how to format this kind of a personal thread so bear with me. :)

Gonna post some of the newest works. You can find all of them on my profile page. I'll be talking about them in some detail in case you might be interested and maybe answering questions in more detail. Later might post some WiPs and etc.

This first one is a demon wizard mystic dude that has conveniently hidden arm. You might notice that I'm kind of insecure and not very happy with my work. I was lately very inspired by art of Peter Mohrbacher so I ended up painting up something sort of similar. I also was tired of my predominantly female character focus so I had to change it up a bit.

One more thing. I had this profile for a while and I created it ages ago. Unfortunately I have to keep my old username that I don't use anymore at all, ever, anywhere, nope. If only I could change it eh. Now it's off my chest :)

Personal art topic

AntonOxenuk
AntonOxenuk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Personal art topic 2013-09-06 23:00:05 Reply

Here's another older piece. I was feeling kind of experimental and wanted to try out new things. Still not sure about many parts of it and now some rendering looks very iffy to me since I changed my approach a bit and progressed since but I still like it in some ways. I'm not entirely sold on the stripes but oh well. Empty white background is definitely something I should've changed and worked on.

Personal art topic

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Personal art topic 2013-09-07 00:08:41 Reply

At 9/6/13 10:29 PM, Mudvein wrote: This first one is a demon wizard mystic dude that has conveniently hidden arm.

and you have come conveniently hidden skill. Nice piece. Post more plz

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
AntonOxenuk
AntonOxenuk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Personal art topic 2013-09-07 00:28:02 Reply

At 9/7/13 12:08 AM, Kinsei wrote:
At 9/6/13 10:29 PM, Mudvein wrote: This first one is a demon wizard mystic dude that has conveniently hidden arm.
and you have come conveniently hidden skill. Nice piece. Post more plz

thanks man, will do :)

AntonOxenuk
AntonOxenuk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Personal art topic 2013-09-07 00:34:08 Reply

Now, here's another example of older work to follow up with experimentation. If you watch my gallery closely you can notice how I avoid backgrounds early on because I wasn't ready to do anything. I always start with characters because that's usually the main subject of my work, at least at the moment.
In this one I tried to push the backgrounda bit to create some interesting digitalpainterly effects further because otherwise the character was very static and I needed to add more energy to balance it out. I experimented with brushmarks and some rendering until I felt it was enough.

I also spend more time on this one which was a great experience for me, previously I rarely went past 2 hours so doing that boosted confidence and skill. That doesn't stop me from having completely horrible feet and other significant anatomy problems – that is still improved upon.

Personal art topic

AntonOxenuk
AntonOxenuk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Personal art topic 2013-09-07 01:23:35 Reply

now, to shuffle things up a bit, here's a more recent work that I actually don't like at all.

this is following up the first painting in this thread, Winged. First off, there are major issues I have with it such as the anatomy (mostly because of posture), the design of little details, they are rather dull and unimaginative and most of all it just feels like a meh piece because of little screw ups like bad brushmarks and some odd shapes with low quality edge-work (look at these flying blades).

The good things about it is the fact that I decided to focus massively on the background this time and work with colours more than I usually do. Putting time in those areas and trying to balance it out was important learning experience for me. Even though it's not great and I wouldn't put it in my portfolio, it is an important milestone in some technical development.

Personal art topic

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Personal art topic 2013-09-08 11:46:11 Reply

Hello! Welcome to our Art Forum. I must say I am quite impressed with the works you exhibit on this thread so far. You have a unique style that is very enjoyable in my opinion. I am especially pleased at how you manage to contort and distort forms without completely disregarding the fundamentals. I especially like your first artwork on this thread. It looks quite enigmatic to me, it's almost surreal. Needless to say this is a good thread and I would be happy if you would be as kind to put in more artwork.

Although it would be great if you mange to put a bit more detail and background on your art. Also, try experimenting with various colors and hues to make it pop rven more so. It's just a friendly suggestion though, your art looks quote intriguing as it is already. Cheers! Good luck to your journey as an artist. I hope this community can serve as a helpful tool in that.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
AntonOxenuk
AntonOxenuk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Personal art topic 2013-09-09 02:15:02 Reply

here's a painting I've done recently that I'm sort of proud of

The idea was to finally do a more complex piece that would take some time with more details in it. I wanted to push myself past the "oh look it's a character check it out" composition so here is the result.

The process was a trip for me. This painting took 20+ hours, something I've never done before. But I'm sure glad I did it because now the horizons are widening spectacularly inside my brain. I highly recommend every artist who thinks they're kind of feeling alright with what they can do with their level of technical skill to try and push it with a complicated high detailed personal piece. It's an experience that also looks great in your portfolio.

I started with two sketches of these girls and was placing them around the canvas. Then I started adding major geometrical shapes in and thinking of ways to arrange them. After that, detail work and finally colouring. I have some process images if anyone is interested.

Personal art topic

LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Artist
Response to Personal art topic 2013-09-09 04:22:25 Reply

YES!, I love your work, the dynamics, colours, focus on form and shape which is done perfectly. any flaws are minor and covered up within the style you create which just adds to the appeal of your art.

I would love to see sketches if you have any as well as finished work, its always nice to see where an artist starts

BBS Signature
AntonOxenuk
AntonOxenuk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Personal art topic 2013-09-09 17:22:52 Reply

At 9/9/13 04:22 AM, LegolaSS wrote: YES!, I love your work, the dynamics, colours, focus on form and shape which is done perfectly. any flaws are minor and covered up within the style you create which just adds to the appeal of your art.

I would love to see sketches if you have any as well as finished work, its always nice to see where an artist starts

Thanks man, gonna do some soon :)

By the way since I'm here and there's an opportunity I'll share progress on my newest work. You will be seeing it sort of in real time. Here's the first original sketch in like first 10 minutes. I was planning it as a sort of a tower in the sky. This is first 10 minutes so I don't really think of design much and how it's supposed to work or much about the design or anything really, even composition.

Personal art topic

AntonOxenuk
AntonOxenuk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Personal art topic 2013-09-09 17:26:18 Reply

At 9/8/13 11:46 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: Hello! Welcome to our Art Forum. I must say I am quite impressed with the works you exhibit on this thread so far. You have a unique style that is very enjoyable in my opinion. I am especially pleased at how you manage to contort and distort forms without completely disregarding the fundamentals. I especially like your first artwork on this thread. It looks quite enigmatic to me, it's almost surreal. Needless to say this is a good thread and I would be happy if you would be as kind to put in more artwork.

Although it would be great if you mange to put a bit more detail and background on your art. Also, try experimenting with various colors and hues to make it pop rven more so. It's just a friendly suggestion though, your art looks quote intriguing as it is already. Cheers! Good luck to your journey as an artist. I hope this community can serve as a helpful tool in that.

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it :)

Here's a quick update like 10-20 minutes on top of previous sketch just so not to leave you in suspense on a very crappy sketchy picture. 2 layers so far. The tower is now less of a tower and more just of a structure. Might make it into a mothership or something like that.

Personal art topic

AntonOxenuk
AntonOxenuk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Personal art topic 2013-09-09 19:58:24 Reply

a quick update, added just a teeny bit, starting to move things around

Personal art topic

AntonOxenuk
AntonOxenuk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Personal art topic 2013-09-10 01:23:34 Reply

a quick update with some textures and additional fixes and I'm pretty much done with this B&W picture

Personal art topic

AntonOxenuk
AntonOxenuk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Personal art topic 2013-09-12 01:49:50 Reply

quick black and white sketch of some scifi bs character art

Personal art topic

AntonOxenuk
AntonOxenuk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Personal art topic 2013-09-12 02:20:05 Reply

quick update

Personal art topic

AntonOxenuk
AntonOxenuk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Personal art topic 2013-09-12 03:33:49 Reply

still working

Personal art topic

AntonOxenuk
AntonOxenuk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Personal art topic 2013-09-22 21:12:43 Reply

Hey, it's been a while, was kinda busy with school and etc.
Anyway, here are some quick sketches from today.

Personal art topic

hreyas
hreyas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Artist
Response to Personal art topic 2013-09-23 13:47:59 Reply

At 9/22/13 09:12 PM, AntonOxenuk wrote: Hey, it's been a while, was kinda busy with school and etc.

awesome , your artworks are better beyond my appreciation

................................................................ .....................................................................................

bigCman321
bigCman321
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Personal art topic 2013-09-24 13:20:09 Reply

Great work man, digging your style.

Rampager
Rampager
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Personal art topic 2013-09-25 04:56:57 Reply

At 9/22/13 09:12 PM, AntonOxenuk wrote: Hey, it's been a while, was kinda busy with school and etc.

I love them all, all are great, they are quite heavy with the dark color theme though and thats not a big deal but that's just my only little irk about them. Other then that they all have great detail and style and quality.

BBS Signature
AntonOxenuk
AntonOxenuk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Personal art topic 2013-09-25 08:20:42 Reply

At 9/25/13 04:56 AM, Rampager wrote:
I love them all, all are great, they are quite heavy with the dark color theme though and thats not a big deal but that's just my only little irk about them. Other then that they all have great detail and style and quality.

Thanks :) I like darks and I feel comfortable with high contrasted scheme, so I tend to go in that general direction. Almost a stylistic choice I suppose.

Here's a little something from today, been kinda really meh mood wise so nothing great painting-wise is coming out. Gonna rework her face later in a major way because right now it's a very ugh placeholder.

Personal art topic

PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Programmer
Response to Personal art topic 2013-09-26 10:35:07 Reply

i love your art too. Very interesting style and refreshing.

RimKeLLo
RimKeLLo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Personal art topic 2013-09-26 23:33:46 Reply

Your art is definitely not what i like, but it's comfortable - like crazy circus in my head ))

AntonOxenuk
AntonOxenuk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Personal art topic 2013-10-08 22:34:31 Reply

Haven't posted anything in a while, sorry. I've been working on a commission for a friend but it's early to post it so I'll put a fresh sketch here for now

Personal art topic

Metastable-Steve
Metastable-Steve
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Personal art topic 2013-10-08 22:40:03 Reply

Hmm. Feels like your artwork has some Kazuma Kaneko influence, along with a touch of Tsutomu Nihei as well. Very interesting. I like it.

AntonOxenuk
AntonOxenuk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Personal art topic 2013-10-08 22:45:57 Reply

At 10/8/13 10:40 PM, Metastable-Steve wrote: Hmm. Feels like your artwork has some Kazuma Kaneko influence, along with a touch of Tsutomu Nihei as well. Very interesting. I like it.

No idea who these guys are yet, looking them up now, thanks man!

Metastable-Steve
Metastable-Steve
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Personal art topic 2013-10-08 22:51:02 Reply

At 10/8/13 10:45 PM, AntonOxenuk wrote: No idea who these guys are yet, looking them up now, thanks man!

Coincidence I suppose. Regardless, your pieces are appealing. Keep up the excellent work.

AntonOxenuk
AntonOxenuk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Personal art topic 2013-10-08 23:14:46 Reply

At 10/8/13 10:51 PM, Metastable-Steve wrote:
At 10/8/13 10:45 PM, AntonOxenuk wrote: No idea who these guys are yet, looking them up now, thanks man!
Coincidence I suppose. Regardless, your pieces are appealing. Keep up the excellent work.

Thanks again! After some googling I can definitely say Tsutomu is a discovery for me but I am familiar with some of Kazuma's work, mostly from Persona games and DMC3, which I think is super badass :)

Metastable-Steve
Metastable-Steve
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Personal art topic 2013-10-08 23:31:39 Reply

At 10/8/13 11:14 PM, AntonOxenuk wrote: Thanks again! After some googling I can definitely say Tsutomu is a discovery for me but I am familiar with some of Kazuma's work, mostly from Persona games and DMC3, which I think is super badass :)

I'm pretty fond of Kazuma's artwork as a whole, although his work in the Digital Devil Saga/Avatar Tuner games always sticks out to my mind, in a good way; some of your pieces are reminiscent in a way of the devils' designs from those games.

On the flip side, some of your other pieces bring me to Blame! or Biomega (Nihei works). Of course that isn't to say I don't see any original flare in your styling.

AntonOxenuk
AntonOxenuk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Personal art topic 2013-10-13 17:08:51 Reply

Kinda proud of how the latest album cover I painted turned out, so here's the process more or less. Final imagine in my profile in a bigger size of course :)

Started with a general abstract idea of shapes and quickly found a combination I liked. Still wanted to put a character under the whole thing. Later decided that it was meh since no one would notice him anyway, also wanted to fill the empty space in the lower right corner with something, so the small character transformed into what we see now. After deciding where to put the text and how to do it and some detail work on the whole thing in black and white I switched to color and started adding it on top, with extra texture and ornament work for more detail.
Not it's up to the musician to deliver good music :)

Personal art topic