KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Freebie Amateur Metal Pack [kontak] Sep. 3rd, 2013 @ 09:52 PM Reply

First, check out the 2 masters: Samulis Xylophone and Bspendlove Piano. Then please come back here :)

I always want to do something free for the cause of good, in a legal way, of course. So I rounded up a couple nutheads and started recording little samples in metal music. The project started a while ago and ended up stuck since we had no time. Now I try to revive it.

Download here (Works with Kontakt 5 & above) - 394.95 MB
Demo Here

This is version v0.1, please please do not expect anything super duper professional. We update and add stuff to our project on this thread.

Consists of mostly loops. There are Drums, Riffs, Strats, Short Strats (not-loop) and Guitar Solos. Composition and performance were done by this nutcase. Project leading, editing, programming and additional FX were done by me and another moron.

If you have any question or complain or hates, please dump it here or privately at elitistinen.cypherpunk@gmail.com

Since we're so fucking inexperienced in audio editing that we actually took long time to edit something so little like this. We're a bunch of unprofessional morons trying to do something for good.

Please forgive us
Bspendlove
Bspendlove
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Freebie Amateur Metal Pack [kontak] Sep. 4th, 2013 @ 05:22 AM Reply

Ooooo! :P

I will have to download this for sure, what version of Kontakt 5? I only have 5.0.3.5812, just making sure it wasn't made on a version above. :)

CentralComposers - Cinematic, Hybrid and Soundtrack Sample libraries.

Sound Designer and Kontakt programmer.

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Freebie Amateur Metal Pack [kontak] Sep. 4th, 2013 @ 10:34 AM Reply

At 9/4/13 05:22 AM, Bspendlove wrote: Ooooo! :P

I will have to download this for sure, what version of Kontakt 5? I only have 5.0.3.5812, just making sure it wasn't made on a version above. :)

:/ Shit, I should downgrade this... I'm using 5.2. Arrg. I should even use Kontakt 4 instead of 5.

Bspendlove
Bspendlove
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Freebie Amateur Metal Pack [kontak] Sep. 4th, 2013 @ 12:17 PM Reply

At 9/4/13 10:34 AM, Elitistinen wrote:
/ Shit, I should downgrade this... I'm using 5.2. Arrg. I should even use Kontakt 4 instead of 5.

Ahh yeah man, I had the same idea but could not be bothered to drag around 150 samples of the Piano library to make it Kontakt 4 compatible..

Message me when if you do!

And also, did you still want to help out on that project of mine?

MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Freebie Amateur Metal Pack [kontak] Sep. 4th, 2013 @ 04:56 PM Reply

Hey that's pretty cool!
Can you rework the demo a bit though? There's WAAAAAAY too much reverb on that. :)

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out! Veteran REAPER user.

BBS Signature
KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Freebie Amateur Metal Pack [kontak] Sep. 4th, 2013 @ 06:55 PM Reply

At 9/4/13 12:17 PM, Bspendlove wrote: And also, did you still want to help out on that project of mine?

Totally. I'm working on some scripts which gonna be used in your project.

Bspendlove
Bspendlove
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Freebie Amateur Metal Pack [kontak] Sep. 5th, 2013 @ 06:46 AM Reply

At 9/4/13 06:55 PM, Elitistinen wrote: Totally. I'm working on some scripts which gonna be used in your project.

Brilliant! I can't wait to see!

samulis
samulis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to Freebie Amateur Metal Pack [kontak] Sep. 5th, 2013 @ 04:28 PM Reply

At 9/4/13 12:17 PM, Bspendlove wrote: Ahh yeah man, I had the same idea but could not be bothered to drag around 150 samples of the Piano library to make it Kontakt 4 compatible..

150? Aww... :P

They xylophone was 1010 samples and I had to make it twice due to a bug! Fun fun. :)

This sounds great from the demo so far, I wish you the best of luck on getting this done!

My Music - Virtual Instruments - Website
Orchestral/Cinematic Composer

BBS Signature
Bspendlove
Bspendlove
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Freebie Amateur Metal Pack [kontak] Sep. 5th, 2013 @ 05:08 PM Reply

At 9/5/13 04:28 PM, samulis wrote: 150? Aww... :P

As mentioned no mic positioning, and each sample covers semi-tones (Otherwise there would be a tad more :P)

Did I say 150? How does that work? 88/2 44 x 5 velocity layers = 220 (Not much different ey? xD) Yeah I am leaving this for free, I am not actually planning on making money unlike your one :P

Stuff recording over 1000 samples and releasing it for free, I would rather get paid for the time I spend doing it and I would do what you done, Make it free for a week :P

The new library I have planned will be around 12 velocity layers (with samples per key), 2 different mic positions and 3 piano models

---> THIS will be a good experience and my fingers may feel like they are on steroids due to the amount of clicking I think I will do... :( I will release one piano model for free (1 week only).

Bspendlove
Bspendlove
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Freebie Amateur Metal Pack [kontak] Sep. 5th, 2013 @ 05:09 PM Reply

I MEAN TONES..... Each sample covers 2 semitones... xD

samulis
samulis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to Freebie Amateur Metal Pack [kontak] Sep. 5th, 2013 @ 09:46 PM Reply

At 9/5/13 05:08 PM, Bspendlove wrote: Stuff recording over 1000 samples and releasing it for free, I would rather get paid for the time I spend doing it and I would do what you done, Make it free for a week :P

It's much more rewarding at least to me to release it for free/PWYW. Over 1,000 people got to have a great xylophone vsti to use and by allowing people to make donations with tiered rewards (e.g. for $10, get a previous product; for $20 get something else in addition) you can most likely cover your costs of hosting etc. :)

My Music - Virtual Instruments - Website
Orchestral/Cinematic Composer

BBS Signature