00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Waaf just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

N G A D M '13: Round 3

12,279 Views | 164 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-08-30 20:08:00

At 8/30/13 07:48 PM, ZipZipper wrote: Are you mocking me? I took this Deathmatch seriously. I was excited to discover that I would still have a second chance to be in this competition and worked so hard during my constrained time period that I created two songs and chose the one I thought would be best. It is very humiliating to have lost a second time, but I will move on and hope for the best next year...

I don't think you should be humiliated to have lost. You made an amazing song in only 3 days, and the fact that you scored better than a lot of people who spent 2 full weeks on their songs is a true testament to your songwriting abilities.

NGADM or not I'm sure you'll go on writing great music, and I'll certainly be listening. And on the other hand, maybe we'll have another dropout and we'll be able to sneak you back in again! ;-)

Come join music competitions on Chips Compo and hang on our Discord!

Good artists copy. Great artists get banned from the Audio Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-08-30 20:24:37

Well done everyone! Congrats especially to steampianist for wiping the floor with me (SICK piece, dude!) and good luck everyone on the next round!

I'm out!
TheB

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-08-30 20:29:12

At 8/30/13 08:06 PM, camoshark wrote:
Relax, man, he's simply saying that he's the lowest ranking winner, whilst you are the highest ranking loser. Not particularly clear in his statement, but you can see for yourself in his ranking list.

If anything, he's lauding you, not mocking you.

My mistake, I understand now. Sorry, I've been very emotional this past week. Well, I'm at least very glad my idol @steampianist scored the highest out of everybody.

<3

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-08-30 20:39:24

My reviews are all posted. Hope they're helpful!

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-08-30 21:08:07

At 8/30/13 08:39 PM, Step wrote: My reviews are all posted. Hope they're helpful!

no its bad i did all those things you dont like on purpose and you just dont get it it's my party and i'll cry if i want to

p.s. i am gay

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-08-30 21:11:38

Posting reviews now. PREPARE UR ANUS

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-08-30 21:18:36

At 8/30/13 09:11 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: Posting reviews now. PREPARE UR ANUS

oh shit. Uh. Okay, posting one person's review on the competitor's track is definitely a bad start to this, maybe I should do it tomorrow when I'm not half-asleep

Stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-08-30 21:20:49

real talk tho

lots of people lost with real high scores this round! zipzipper and garlagan in particular, 8.5 would be a winning score in most of these rounds, so feel good about your work regardless!

aight time for round 3, which is equivalent to round 2 in years gone by, which is where i got knocked out last year. eep!

p.s. i am gay

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-08-30 21:23:30

At 8/30/13 09:18 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote:
oh shit. Uh. Okay, posting one person's review on the competitor's track is definitely a bad start to this, maybe I should do it tomorrow when I'm not half-asleep

NO! POST REVIEWS NAO! >:(

My Music - Virtual Instruments - About Me

Orchestral Composer, VI Developer

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-08-30 21:28:06

I'm quite impressed by all of your music. It makes me wonder how well I would have done if I were competing!

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-08-30 21:29:08

At 8/30/13 09:23 PM, samulis wrote:
At 8/30/13 09:18 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote:
NO! POST REVIEWS NAO! >:(

fine

I might accidentally mix yours up with Michael's though, hope that's okay

Stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-08-30 21:40:33

At 8/30/13 08:29 PM, ZipZipper wrote:
Relax, man, he's simply saying that he's the lowest ranking winner, whilst you are the highest ranking loser. Not particularly clear in his statement, but you can see for yourself in his ranking list.

My mistake, I understand now. Sorry, I've been very emotional this past week. Well, I'm at least very glad my idol @steampianist scored the highest out of everybody.

<3

Thanks man. A bit sad disappointed you didnt make it. But hey, chin up! and lets all be rationally insane about this @ZipZipper

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-08-30 21:52:11

At 8/30/13 09:40 PM, steampianist wrote:
At 8/30/13 08:29 PM, ZipZipper wrote:

<3
Thanks man. A bit sad disappointed you didnt make it. But hey, chin up! and lets all be rationally insane about this @ZipZipper

Hey Zip, you did amazing, so you should be proud of what you've done so far! I look forward to lots more amazing things from you! ^_^

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-08-30 21:55:38

At 8/30/13 07:48 PM, ZipZipper wrote:
At 8/30/13 07:02 PM, SourJovis wrote: Meet the lowest ranking winner! Wanna trade @ZippZipper ? Well I don't >:P

Also here's the unofficial ranking list you can look at to see how well you did....and stil lost.
Are you mocking me? I took this Deathmatch seriously. I was excited to discover that I would still have a second chance to be in this competition and worked so hard during my constrained time period that I created two songs and chose the one I thought would be best. It is very humiliating to have lost a second time, but I will move on and hope for the best next year...

Yes, that's exactly how I see it. I suppose I could've known you ZippZipper might not being the mood to deal with this in a joking manner right now. Sorry if I were inconsiderate. It's never nice to lose when you put a lot of effort into something. Perhaps you could even call it unfair you lost while scoring so high. But that's just the set up of the competition. For what it's worth I'm glad you got another chance, if only so I could hear another song by you. Just think of all the other contests you won lately. A lot of these contests I entered as well and you placed much higher than me. Which made me rather jealous. And jealousy is the best form of flattery. (It's also a green eyed monster) Which is why I'm extra happy to be still in the contest even though I twice scored lower than you. Call it mocking, but that's how I felt when you beat me in the previous contests. You'll probably win the next contest again. Good luck then.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-08-30 22:01:00

In other news, considering the large amount of similar-sounding pieces in this round, I'm going to be far more harsh on generic styles, and will be rating pieces that are original much more highly.

tl;dr creativity and uniqueness pl0x

Stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-08-30 22:34:22

At 8/30/13 10:01 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: In other news, considering the large amount of similar-sounding pieces in this round, I'm going to be far more harsh on generic styles, and will be rating pieces that are original much more highly.

tl;dr creativity and uniqueness pl0x

In similar news... I'm going to rate generic styles highly, and be far more harsh on creative and unique pieces.

MWAHAHAHA YOU ALL LOSE

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-08-31 00:53:22

At 8/30/13 08:24 PM, TheBenjerman wrote: Well done everyone! Congrats especially to steampianist for wiping the floor with me (SICK piece, dude!) and good luck everyone on the next round!

I'm out!
TheB

Thanks man. there is always next year! And congratulations to the other winners as well!

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-08-31 01:12:59

Fuck.

"Oh my god, JC, a bomb!"

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-08-31 06:40:05

The Round 3 face-offs are viciously interesting.

Time to bring out the big guns guys! Go with what you know and go for ownage!

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-08-31 11:03:00

This is awesome! I never thought I'd make it so far...
Congrats to all the winners!

I think I'll go out of my comfort zone for this round and try something different...

u ready @Wolftacular ? bring it! :P

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-08-31 15:47:34

At 8/30/13 07:28 PM, Sequenced wrote: I actually didn't want to win this round, because college stuff.

sourpuss :p

Honestly, I doubt your life is anywhere near as hectic as mine and I actually wanted to win BECAUSE of it. Overcoming adversary is one of the best feelings ever. I understand that college related stress though. It's a juggling act. You can't have good grades, sleep, and a social life but the truth of the matter is there's always more to juggle than just those three things and they were already huge factors.

Feel good dude. You kicked my ass in round one. I can't wait to get my computer fixed and shit on that chipped shoulder of yours next year :p

quarl BandCamp

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-08-31 19:27:02

At 8/30/13 06:13 PM, SoundChris wrote: SoundChris vs Kor-Rune

I am honored to be paired against such an incredible talented musican!!! Congrats to you :D

Exciting! And intimidating! You are a musical fiend, honored to challenge you sir c: congratulations!

Blazing you did awesome for four hours x.x I seem to have put a time restriction curse on my last two opponents. :< so sorry

~ My soundcloud! ~ Venus ~ hi i like liquor

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-01 00:51:53

So, I don't have my MIDI keyboard with me (because I just moved cross country), and it's essentially an extension of my musical mind at this point, since I use it to pretty much come up with all my ideas. So I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

Currently I'm trying to teach myself acoustic guitar as fast as possible. :D

This may not be the best strategy.

Come join music competitions on Chips Compo and hang on our Discord!

Good artists copy. Great artists get banned from the Audio Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-01 00:53:14

At 9/1/13 12:51 AM, johnfn wrote: Currently I'm trying to teach myself acoustic guitar as fast as possible. :D

Drop-D it and use the bottom three strings :P

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-02 13:38:09

I knew this would happen. I leave Samulis in charge while I am occupied elsewhere and I return to find ruin on an imperial scale.

Actually, I am pretty glad this happened because I was planning on dropping out in this round anyways. Good luck with your contest, my friends. I am looking forward to seeing who will win the whole thing.

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-02 17:20:46

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-02 18:50:12

What? The first song has been posted and I still have no idea what to do.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-02 19:04:07

At 9/2/13 06:50 PM, SourJovis wrote: What? The first song has been posted and I still have no idea what to do.

There are still a dozen days left (counting today) before the deadline, so there's no need to worry about it. I'm just an overachiever whose lucky numbers happen to be anything with twos, so posting on September 2nd gives me a huge (and completely fictitious) advantage.

Also, who wants to wait until the last day and submit a song on Friday the 13th? Yikes!

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-02 19:19:10

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-03 01:30:12

At 9/2/13 06:50 PM, SourJovis wrote: What? The first song has been posted and I still have no idea what to do.

You and me both bro-cake. I have some idea's but I've not actually written a thing. Mostly just working out synth and sound design in my head at this stage.

BBS Signature