00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ParallaxDraw just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

[Q] 8-bit Android platform shooter

772 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hey NG!

I'm going to develop an 8-bit Android game together with about 4 people and I'd like to ask if you could recommend me any programs to paint big square pixels. I have Photoshop but I don't find it optimal to draw in 8-bit. I've searched online and the best program (with the most features that I need) I found so far is called Pro Motion 6.5. I find it quite useful. But... a useful feature I couldn't find was one to see a previous frame in a light color as some sort of guideline so I know where I have to draw when doing an animation. Could you possibly help me finding something?

Besides of that, a doubt that I have is that it won't work well with PNG pictures that are going to be used for the game or that in the end for some reason it will look awful. Is there anything that I should really consider that is really important? I fear that there's going to be a lot of problems having painted the figures and stage in the end, that I'll have to draw it all again or something.

I would be really glad about some help :)
Thank you very much!

Regards,
Sandor

Response to [Q] 8-bit Android platform shooter 2013-09-01 09:12:06

try pixelmator it good online pixel draw

Response to [Q] 8-bit Android platform shooter 2013-09-01 20:34:04

Try aseprite, that's what I use when doing pixel art for games I work on.

Response to [Q] 8-bit Android platform shooter 2013-09-02 18:58:21

At 9/1/13 08:34 PM, CapacityOverload wrote: Try aseprite, that's what I use when doing pixel art for games I work on.

Thanks for the tip! I really like that one!

@philipv11 yours isn't the one i was looking for :/ but thanks!