00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BACKRUMS just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newbie here looking for some help!

645 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know I posted this on the Animation forum first as it is to do with both animation but art aswell. I just wondered what you guys thought of my Art work because I have only just began drawing digitally. So I added a few pictures of mine for your perusal and hopefully feed. Thanks. Only my second post please be nice :P

First let me say I have been a fan of Newgrounds for many years as a viewer and always wanted to start animating. Recently I had sometime on my hands so I got hold of Flash CS6 and started tinkering about with drawings. Now im not the best drawer in the world but nor the worst and I have now for the past month or so been trying to figure out the animation side as I have 3 stories in my head that I would love to put into animation for everyone to see.

By the way my respect goes out to all you animators for the amount of time, dedication and skill it takes to put even a simple animation together let alone a large multi layered story one. It certainly opened my eyes on wanting to progress more into animation.

So anyway to my point, I have been trying to animate now for about a week, after watching various VERY helpful tutorials online (Shout out to Jazza youtube channel Draw with Jazza - So helpful and easy to understand, even if a bit fast for a beginner like me at the moment but that's what the pause button is for hehe! - If anyone is looking for tutorials on Flash or Photoshop for that matter I would go to his channel.) Aswell as Harry Partridge.

Anyway rambling over. Three days ago I brought a Wacom Bamboo Pen tablet, not the easiest thing to get to grips with for someone whos never used one before and basically my question is, I cant seem to get thin lines when sketching my character even though im not pressing hard (Well I dont think I am) is there anyone who can help? Also I am trying to do a head turn in frame by frame so hes facing away but then turns to face forward but im totally lost because I end up on the other side of the page?

If anyone and any ideas/help/suggestions/tutorials it would be much appreciated.

Have a great day.

Stevie Bear.

PS - I know this should be in the Art to I apologize in advance but I just wanted to show you what Jazzas tutorials has taught me so far. (Yes they are kind of like his ideas but he did say to emulate/steal to start off and well I listened hehe.

Newbie here looking for some help!

Response to Newbie here looking for some help! 2013-08-29 11:49:07

Hi Guys,

Sorry to ask again but I was just wondering if anybody could give me any advise at all as im still struggling with this?

Thanks,

Stevie Bear.

Response to Newbie here looking for some help! 2013-08-29 14:16:36

At 8/29/13 11:49 AM, steviebear wrote: Hi Guys,

Sorry to ask again but I was just wondering if anybody could give me any advise at all as im still struggling with this?

Thanks,

Stevie Bear.

I dont know what you're looking for, but nice start so far. Keep drawing and eventually you'll improve.

My art thread!

Clicky for my DA!

BBS Signature