00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Storm of critiques?

576 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Storm of critiques? 2013-08-25 15:26:40

Hi,

I finished this drawing today. It's my second completed digital drawing (made in Flash). Some credits go to Jazza for his tuts, of which I applied a number of lessons learned.

Looking forward to your critiques/tips/tricks/suggestions or just your opinion.

Cheers.

Storm of critiques?

Response to Storm of critiques? 2013-08-26 13:42:06

At 8/25/13 03:26 PM, melui wrote: Hi,

I finished this drawing today. It's my second completed digital drawing (made in Flash). Some credits go to Jazza for his tuts, of which I applied a number of lessons learned.

Cheers.

I like the character and the idea. The character is reasonably well drawn, but what is happening with the wings ? Are they on her back or supposed to be attached to her arms , or one part of the wing connects to the shoulder and one on the arm (looking at her left arm), the right arm wing needs work, and reflect 3D perspective.

Response to Storm of critiques? 2013-08-26 13:55:34

I hope this helps ^_^

Storm of critiques?

Response to Storm of critiques? 2013-08-26 14:53:52

At 8/26/13 01:42 PM, zanaelf wrote:
At 8/25/13 03:26 PM, melui wrote: Hi,

Cheers.
I like the character and the idea. The character is reasonably well drawn, but what is happening with the wings ? Are they on her back or supposed to be attached to her arms , or one part of the wing connects to the shoulder and one on the arm (looking at her left arm), the right arm wing needs work, and reflect 3D perspective.

First to reply to the wings; the idea is they are blown up by the wind, the same way her hair is. I was somewhat struggling with whether the wings should have a simple smooth shape (as they are now) or have more wrinkles/waves in them.
I was indeed intending to show that one side is attached to the back (near the end of the white ribbon over the shoulder) and the other side is attached to the white ribbon on the wrist. You're right it is clearer on the left arm, as opposed to the right arm.

What can I do to improve the way the character is drawn?

At 8/26/13 01:55 PM, zanaelf wrote: I hope this helps ^_^

It does. Thanks.

Response to Storm of critiques? 2013-08-26 16:45:19

if its storm you could take away the wings and replace them with a cape , that would have more motion in the wind and look better

Response to Storm of critiques? 2013-08-26 20:52:38

At 8/26/13 02:53 PM, melui wrote:

First to reply to the wings; the idea is they are blown up by the wind, the same way her hair is. I was somewhat struggling with whether the wings should have a simple smooth shape (as they are now) or have more wrinkles/waves in them.
I was indeed intending to show that one side is attached to the back (near the end of the white ribbon over the shoulder) and the other side is attached to the white ribbon on the wrist. You're right it is clearer on the left arm, as opposed to the right arm.

What can I do to improve the way the character is drawn?

O.k Thanks, I see I think its because of the angle and the right hand is close in view. The character looks perfect to me ^_^