00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ErinJA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

looking for critiques and tips.

719 Views | 7 Replies

looking for critiques and tips. 2013-08-16 09:59:45

so i discovered i can do a good bit using photoshop on my old and new sketches and combine as well as color them.
been asking for tips and stuff to improve in my submissions however no answer. just low scores lol.
I know im not a fantastic artist however i am trying my best to improve. I've come along way from my monochromatic images and still have a longer ways to go. still all in all id like what ever advice i can get.

Response to looking for critiques and tips. 2013-08-16 18:19:30

i like this a lot. i like how dark it is and how kinda squishy everything looks

Response to looking for critiques and tips. 2013-08-16 18:52:39

Ok so biggest issue is too dark and need to add a better lighting

Response to looking for critiques and tips. 2013-08-16 18:59:32

here is an example of a guy who is pretty much a master at it, he did concept art work on Star Wars and many other things http://www.fengzhudesign.com/

Kool thanks I'll definitely check it out

Response to looking for critiques and tips. 2013-08-17 07:19:41

Here is another one Using the same background as the privious one however i am using the Devil from the old movie "Legend"
http://monstersandbeasts.blogspot.com/2011/03/devil.html

I have my piece as the most visible added more detail to his body trying to go for that Sparta look lol.
the faded piece was from the original screen shot in the movie that i faded into my old background sky.
After reading the reviews i assumed the skulls shouldn't of been the 3 separate colors And i blurred it a tad bit more so you can tell the background from the foreground.

the words was just out of boredom :P
How does it look?
I know i should do some more touch ups but i want the read yalls opinion vs the non commenting zero bombers lol

Response to looking for critiques and tips. 2013-08-17 08:06:40

At 8/17/13 07:19 AM, Ghost21b wrote: the words was just out of boredom :P
How does it look?

Depends; have you traced this?

BBS Signature

Response to looking for critiques and tips. 2013-08-17 13:33:54

At 8/17/13 08:06 AM, test-object wrote:
At 8/17/13 07:19 AM, Ghost21b wrote: the words was just out of boredom :P
How does it look?
Depends; have you traced this?

Lol no tracing was involed in the images I post on this site. I did use the Photoshop program to color him as well as add a few effects to give a more realistic feel. Then pasted him on an already premade background that I had used ob my other images.

Response to looking for critiques and tips. 2013-08-17 13:57:26

I don't plan on making this thread a panatomime, so I'm just going to be blunt:
Your gallery gets low scores because they look like you've grabbed an image, and filtered-smudged the hell out of it.

This is your Legend Devil pic, compared to a pic of an action figure found off the net.
Everything in this pic lines up, from the abs right down to the low lighting in the right arm.

You didn't draw this, and I strongly suspect some of your recent stuff are also filtered up pics of stuff grabbed off the net, since they differ radically from your submissions.

BBS Signature