New Topic Respond to this Topic
floppypawss
floppypawss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
photography section Aug. 16th, 2013 @ 12:43 AM Reply

Hey, so it occured to me, why is there not a photography section in the art portal on new grounds? If there were to be one, there should just be some ground rules
1. no selfies, unless it is a portrait of some sort (this is vague, but most people can tell the difference between a selfie and a portrait...)
2. If a photography portal existed, it shouldn't be used as a social form of documentation, like instagram, but more like the use of a camera to capture beautiful scene. like if there were a photagraphy portal, group pics and stuff wouldn't be allowed. \

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to photography section Aug. 16th, 2013 @ 07:49 AM Reply

The only problem is that it would still be flooded by people taking pictures of anything and evereything.

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to photography section Aug. 16th, 2013 @ 08:12 AM Reply

At 8/16/13 12:43 AM, TheFlyingHoax wrote: 1. no selfies, unless it is a portrait of some sort (this is vague, but most people can tell the difference between a selfie and a portrait...)

Provided you can crop out your hand holding up the camera, nobody can tell or prove otherwise.

It'd be an odd rule to enforce anyway. I would assume the point is either to discourage people either
- making a Facebook-like gallery, or
- detract from people posting bland spur-of-the-moment snapshots.
Both of which you cannot say they are conclusively with or without merit.

BBS Signature
Kkylimos
Kkylimos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Artist
Response to photography section Aug. 16th, 2013 @ 08:42 AM Reply

Pretty much what the good folks above me said. Photography is indeed a form of art but nowdays , every kid with a cellphone thinks its good enough. It would be an overdose of duckface girls , photos of pets doing "funneh stuff" and poorly photomanipulated selfies that are supposed to look cool. The few good photographers that would participate , would be drowned in a sea of low quality submissions and in resault would go unnoticed. I myself can swear that if a photo section existed , i would never visit it at all. So yeah , there are many good sites to share your photography portfolio , NG doesnt have to be one of them , its already awesome as it is.