00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RIOTxANON06 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Nexus 2 / Fl Studio 11 Issues

8,027 Views | 13 Replies

Nexus 2 / Fl Studio 11 Issues 2013-08-13 23:58:32

I recorded a video of what happens when I try to use Nexus with FL Studio 11.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ea-K3gQyJZY[/youtube]

Really frustrating the hell out of me. Please help.

Thank you.

Response to Nexus 2 / Fl Studio 11 Issues 2013-08-14 00:05:11

Looks like it's working how it's supposed to. Admittedly I've never used Nexus, but I don't see what the problem is.

What do you want it to do?

--NG Music -- Soundcloud--

Most Recent Song: Explore Infinity <-Failed audition to NGADM!

Response to Nexus 2 / Fl Studio 11 Issues 2013-08-14 00:10:22

At 8/14/13 12:05 AM, AetherX wrote: Looks like it's working how it's supposed to. Admittedly I've never used Nexus, but I don't see what the problem is.

What do you want it to do?

It's not working correctly at all.

It should be playing the sample when clicked on.

Also, it only plays the beginning of the sample, one note. In Piano Roll, all that is shown is one note, C5. Instead of playing the entire sample which consists of several different notes, it only plays one prolonged note. Something is wrong but I cannot figure out what is the cause.

Response to Nexus 2 / Fl Studio 11 Issues 2013-08-14 00:19:01

Well if you're sending the step sequencer to the piano roll then yeah it's only going to show a C5 since you haven't put anything else in there. Notes on the sequencer are C5 by default. You have to write the midi yourself, Nexus can't do that.

As for only playing one note... are you sure the samples are supposed to be multi note? That seems odd, since then it would be kind of hard to write a melody. I didn't think that was how Nexus worked. Was it working in FL10 or something?

Easy fix: write your own melodies in the piano roll :D

Response to Nexus 2 / Fl Studio 11 Issues 2013-08-14 00:26:36

Its working like its supposed to. That's how Nexus works. Some of the sequences and stuff play full out samples and not one note if you're looking for that.

Response to Nexus 2 / Fl Studio 11 Issues 2013-08-14 00:29:11

At 8/14/13 12:19 AM, AetherX wrote: Well if you're sending the step sequencer to the piano roll then yeah it's only going to show a C5 since you haven't put anything else in there. Notes on the sequencer are C5 by default. You have to write the midi yourself, Nexus can't do that.

As for only playing one note... are you sure the samples are supposed to be multi note? That seems odd, since then it would be kind of hard to write a melody. I didn't think that was how Nexus worked. Was it working in FL10 or something?

Easy fix: write your own melodies in the piano roll :D

I know how Nexus should work... I've been watching tutorials of beat making for the past week and everybody uses it and all of them click the sample in the Nexus window and it plays without them having to put it into the pattern, than once they do in fact put the sample into one of the pattern channels, it plays the ENTIRE sample, every note, and than they can go into Piano Roll to edit the melody, which is never just one note.

Here's one example of it working properly. Skip to 11:12 in the video if the following link doesnt start playing at that point automatically:

Click here

Response to Nexus 2 / Fl Studio 11 Issues 2013-08-14 00:30:13

At 8/14/13 12:26 AM, MockOff wrote: Its working like its supposed to. That's how Nexus works. Some of the sequences and stuff play full out samples and not one note if you're looking for that.

Once again, incorrect. Check out the video I posted. I tried playing that sample that the dude in the video plays and mine plays out drastically different. And also, as you can see, he clicks on the sample and it automatically plays while still in the Nexus window, which mine obviously does not do.

Response to Nexus 2 / Fl Studio 11 Issues 2013-08-14 00:36:24

Did you pirate Nexus? That could be a possibility.

Response to Nexus 2 / Fl Studio 11 Issues 2013-08-14 01:15:56

Two problems:

One: it isn't actually playing automatically. I'm willing to bet money that the guy in the video you linked has a midi keyboard, or is just playing with the typing keyboard. That "melody" sounds exactly like the basic dicking around I do on my keyboard when previewing sounds and samples. He's playing it himself, it isn't going automatically.

Two: I still don't see what you mean about having all of the notes in already. It looks to me like he's drawing them in himself. Never mind Nexus, I don't think there's a VST out there at all that automatically writes midi melodies straight into the piano roll.

Also, as MockOff said, if it's pirated and this is a software issue (which I seriously doubt is the case) there isn't anything we can do to help. If you've bought it, then I suggest taking a look at some tutorials for getting started in FL before you worry about genre specific stuff. I highly recommend the Beginner to Pro series. It's a bit dated, but relevant enough. That's how I got started.

Response to Nexus 2 / Fl Studio 11 Issues 2013-08-14 01:19:57

Sorry for the double post, but I forgot to mention: FL specific questions can be asked here. They're usually answered quite promptly.

Response to Nexus 2 / Fl Studio 11 Issues 2013-08-14 04:06:37

mmmh, from your video, I don't think you really know what you are doing, lol.
Open up the piano roll man
also, read something before you start

SUCK MY KICK

Response to Nexus 2 / Fl Studio 11 Issues 2013-08-14 15:07:24

At 8/14/13 04:06 AM, Lachi wrote: mmmh, from your video, I don't think you really know what you are doing, lol.
Open up the piano roll man
also, read something before you start

I know exactly what I'm doing. I'm demonstrating in the video what happens when I try to play the samples in Nexus and what happens when the sample plays in the pattern.

I have read up on this for the past week attempting to find a solution to these issues.

Please take your unhelpful insulting comments somewhere else.

Response to Nexus 2 / Fl Studio 11 Issues 2013-08-14 15:27:10

At 8/14/13 03:07 PM, deshawn999 wrote: I know exactly what I'm doing.

No, you don't.

If you go to any other video by that guy where he is using nexus, he'll start playing random notes using either a MIDI piano or his keyboard when he loads up a patch. The patch itself is not what's playing, it's him playing notes on his keyboard first before putting them into the piano roll. Nexus does not have multi-note patches. It does have an arpeggiator, but that's simply triggering different notes, and it's up to you to configure that setting yourself. If you are looking for arppegios, use the arpeggiator. If you are looking for pre-made melodies, find a sample library, because synths don't work like that.

Nexus is working exactly as it's supposed to. You can verify this by loading the synth into literally any other DAW ever made, and it will behave the exact same way.

Response to Nexus 2 / Fl Studio 11 Issues 2013-08-14 16:05:25

Don't ask for help if you're not willing to accept it. Nexus is working exactly as intended. The example you linked to, the guy played a few random notes likely on a midi controller to test the patch, Nexus didn't do that melody, the user did.

Nexus WILL NOT play melodies for you. You're trying to fix an issue that doesn't exist.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature