New Topic Respond to this Topic
Steiner-Magnus
Steiner-Magnus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Art Lover
Gimme your thoughts Aug. 5th, 2013 @ 12:34 PM Reply

I seriously want this picture here to be my avatar. But before that happens, I'd like to know from you, if I should alter/improve anything in it. Please, give me some valid criticism, folks. Thanks.

Gimme your thoughts

Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Gimme your thoughts Aug. 5th, 2013 @ 04:48 PM Reply

His nostril's well-below the end of the bridge of his nose and it bothers me a lot. Looks pretty solid otherwise.

Zolen
Zolen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Gimme your thoughts Aug. 5th, 2013 @ 05:10 PM Reply

At 8/5/13 12:34 PM, Steiner-Magnus wrote: I seriously want this picture here to be my avatar. But before that happens, I'd like to know from you, if I should alter/improve anything in it. Please, give me some valid criticism, folks. Thanks.

Smooth lines (I wish I could make smooth lines) face seems well placed, everything seems in order, but that nose...it just seems like its bent or something.

Steiner-Magnus
Steiner-Magnus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to Gimme your thoughts Aug. 5th, 2013 @ 05:57 PM Reply

Alright, guys! I just got the same suggestions on the Sycra forum and you are both right on the weird nose. lol

Here's a fixed version; does it look better now?

Gimme your thoughts

Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Gimme your thoughts Aug. 5th, 2013 @ 06:01 PM Reply

At 8/5/13 05:57 PM, Steiner-Magnus wrote: Alright, guys! I just got the same suggestions on the Sycra forum and you are both right on the weird nose. lol

Here's a fixed version; does it look better now?

Looking much better, my man.

Steiner-Magnus
Steiner-Magnus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to Gimme your thoughts Aug. 26th, 2013 @ 05:40 PM Reply

And what about this so far, people? I feel like, that I am nearly done with my avatar picture. Unless you can give me some suggestions on what I could improve/add/alter?

(I have already started working on two new pieces by the way.)

Gimme your thoughts

Havegum
Havegum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Gimme your thoughts Aug. 26th, 2013 @ 06:00 PM Reply

I feel as though you may have started out in the wrong end at this project. When making an icon there's a bit more to take into consideration than just how accurately the drawing is full-scale. Chances are, an icon will most of the time be smaller than 100x100 pixels, which means a lot of the detail will lose significance or disappear entirely.

Instead, the focus should be on the basic composition and mood. Additionally you may want to aim for making it distinct, memorable, and significant to yourself. Sort of to compliment your online persona, so to speak.

BBS Signature
Steiner-Magnus
Steiner-Magnus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to Gimme your thoughts Aug. 27th, 2013 @ 04:57 AM Reply

At 8/26/13 06:00 PM, Havegum wrote: I feel as though you may have started out in the wrong end at this project. When making an icon there's a bit more to take into consideration than just how accurately the drawing is full-scale. Chances are, an icon will most of the time be smaller than 100x100 pixels, which means a lot of the detail will lose significance or disappear entirely.

Instead, the focus should be on the basic composition and mood. Additionally you may want to aim for making it distinct, memorable, and significant to yourself. Sort of to compliment your online persona, so to speak.

I know exactly what you mean by that - and I think you're right! -__-
Alrighty then. I think, I'll upload this picture in it's original resolution later and start working on something new and smaller then.