00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

9014793814 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Post count regression.

536 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Post count regression. 2013-07-30 15:03:41

At one point in time I believe I had reached a post count of 10,200+, if mistaken certain 10,100, and have not posted in well over a year.
My curiosity is, throughout this time it would seem my post count has been reducing, and my only assumption being that old topics are getting deleted.
It has been a while, but as I believe the rule was, a topic, after being posted for so long, could not be deleted but simply locked. (With I believe at one point a slight glitch in the system that certain moderators thus took advantage of.)
(Unless perhaps a member asked to be deleted along with all his posts.... But I seem to remember a user asking for that before, being informed he could be deleted if he really wants to, but deleting his posts were out of the question.)

Though, unlikely as I can imagine, somehow old topics being bumped, with something I had posted 1+ years ago somehow offended a Moderator (likely one who had joined after I was inactive, thus not having any familiarity with me, my humor and ingrained persona, nor what jokes may have been prevalent at the time) and thus deleted it, which likewise wouldn't make sense, as it's validity of a post and it being accepted for such a time period (especially with these posts generally having a moderator in them.) Would thus imply that which ever potentially overzealous Moderator has decided though it was permissible at one time, won't be under "his watch."

The next possibility being to assume a combination of the previous two proposed, only in regards to an Admin taking it upon himself to do so.

Another being, easily around 1000 posts were made in the old AAHC which was "deleted" (I actually believed locked and remained in full contact, if anything due to Wade having the ability to "sift through" the pleasurable perversity and take note of potential, as seems the case here more than any site, Lolicon's and similar (at time a notorious affiliation between myself within the vastness of Newgrounds") Keeping it intact to see if anything "Illegal" posted, and/or not wanting all these Member, some of which virtually always posted within that Club, thus frustrating them enough to leave as all their posts were deleted. No I wonder if perhaps after all these years in "hidden exile" topic is being deleted.

And lastly the simple possibility of a certain new type of "post calculator" that somehow has via some means either rectified previous miscalculated, be it posts that were deleted far in the past not registering as being deleted until now, or a curious error of assessment.

I am unsure, but the numerous site's I've since moderated (obviously of different formatting than this) would always still retain the deleted post (thus it always being able to be brought back, and visible to Moderators/Admins if they were to click a link of the deleted post/topic, unless, as though against the Admin/Moderator rule, (Generally one in particular power hungry bitch began doing so for everyone that posted things demonstrated her abuse of E-Serious Business, only to become and Admin and pretty much cause all Global Mods to walk on eggshells lest she demod us, causing many regulars to leave, myself included, or become else simply become her "bitch." I do digress though I'm sure the Mods know at least one of that mentality.) Often with the reason written upon this "collapsed" version of the post as explanation, could thus be expanded for view of Admin/Moderator, with the potential to bring it back if an assessment was made that validated it as a worthwhile post in no violation of the rules, or if it's humor was enough to warrant it's relevance.
(I somehow doubt the possibility this the case, as the vastness of Newgrounds in contrast to a site that has around 20,000 members with only 500-300 active to varying degree, (thus such post retaining wouldn't put much a strain on the server . Than to compare a site such as this that, if saving each deleted post would take up a large portion of bandwidth. So even taking that into consideration, along with my posts often jokingly, making light of such attractions, and always found it to be annoying that in many regards Newgrounds was found a mutual site advertisement and "friendship," with, I forget it's name but basically a site housing actual imagery and video of people getting slaughter. Somewhat like a real life Guro or a modern day "Face of Death," yet somehow found so much as linking toward an image of Lolicon (already being forewarned it was NSFW, and the nature of the image before hand.)
Thus one of the reasons I took every opportunity I could get to stay "within the rules" yet still manage to get under the skin of those offended by it. But now I thoroughly digress.
Unless such "risky" discussion could have led to post deletion.
So regardless of the reason, or potential reasons, might anyone out there have a feasible explanation.?

Aside from potentially getting a few posts I'd recalled that were quite humorous, I do enjoy being on the triple 10,000 list, even if mostly on the site for statistic reality reasons anymore.

BBS Signature

Response to Post count regression. 2013-07-30 17:42:56

The answer is actually really simple: People occasionally ask Wade to delete their entire post histories, which can result in dozens of threads going poof overnight, taking potentially hundreds of other people's posts with them. It's the most common cause of old post losses (as well as people having their entire accounts deleted, but that's pretty much the same thing as far as this is concerned).

Response to Post count regression. 2013-07-30 20:05:27

At 7/30/13 05:42 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: The answer is actually really simple: People occasionally ask Wade to delete their entire post histories, which can result in dozens of threads going poof overnight, taking potentially hundreds of other people's posts with them. It's the most common cause of old post losses (as well as people having their entire accounts deleted, but that's pretty much the same thing as far as this is concerned).

This is exactly it.

People are asking for their posts or their accounts to be deleted. Unfortunately for statwhores like us it wipes out entire threads. The AAHC was a victim of one of those requests. I remember when it happened and I asked wade about it and he confirmed the OP of the club thread. I think I've passed 24k like 3 times in the last year or two because of this.

You are correct that mods can't delete really old threads.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Post count regression. 2013-11-14 12:35:31

Though the response is late, partially because real life and drug/career criminal lifestyle was more dominant than Internet lifestyle, though Probation/Methadone Program and other obligations for living a life as I saw a reputable means of living, and making money involving that which the government itself charges more for, gets taxes for, and keeps people under their thumb.

(IE Helping friends both void Withdrawal and get off of Opiates, telling them both the proper methods, though rarely used, so they could spend 10 here and there when needed, rather than 3000 first visit, then 150 for each additional visit, and more.
Thus offering a much more flexible means of allowing others to obtain what they want at far less the price. Never willing to make "business transactions" with those simply desiring to get "fucked up" not that I have anything against it, but I'd not like to be the catalyst for something that can cause quite a deal of problems for those in the US. Whereas other Countries are more liberal and offer better, more diverse options for help, trade now know, (short word Sub, whatever else one may derived from that.)
These Countries even offering "Heroin Maintenance" giving the addicts what they want, which not only cut down on Aids, and other disease, crime in all manners, and caused the majority of individual who were finally given what they wanted, the Opiate of their choice, under clinical care, caused a plethora of people to do anything from go to College, get a job of some form, or even go drastically further, the highest functioning legal method. With these Drugs, though sold for much due to information I needn't give out, initially it is exceedingly cheap, and thus can be offered as such without around 20 "middle men" all getting a cut.

The entire previous statement being was and is a lie, with the exception of the information on the majority of much of Europe's various methods of Opiate treatment, from Suboxone, Subutex, Methadone, to Heroin with Methadone during the night to prevent any Opiate Withdrawal. That being the only truthful instance of this post. All else is and was therefore clearly invalid but a story told for reason of poetic composition, and thus is only expressive fiction, thus all posts I've written involving this are complete void of truth in all forms yet all poetry, fiction. This statement made to clarify any legal misconceptions.

Thus the truth:

All that aside, as I practice poetry clearly I've been busy devoting myself to such passion for a number of years, and the time between now and this post. (Other things on my mind for making a living and living a life. Now altered in a sense.)

Anyhow, I assume this post still may be relevant now, for those who my be curious as as I was. I do recall a few years back a member that requested the same, and was not granted such by Wade, but it seems things have changed.

Even though aside from depositing and a rare post, the idea of not being 10,000+ in key area is a slight bother, that may compel me to rectify this at certain times. I beleive over 300 posts have been lost.
And with the AAHC, I would have easily been another 1000 posts or more.

Regardless, thank you quite kindly for your insight.

BBS Signature