Respond to this Topic
KA-KeitorinArtist
KA-KeitorinArtist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Publishing Update 2013-07-31 02:41:34 Reply

At 7/24/13 12:43 PM, TomFulp wrote: PsychoGoldfish just pushed a big publishing system update live!

Most of these changes are invisible on the back-end. The system should ultimately be more robust and less prone to bugs.

That doesn't mean there aren't bugs at the moment though! If you experience any issues with Games, Movies or Audio, please PM me with a bug report. Include your browser, version and OS for good measure. Screenshots are great too.

If you use the publishing system, you will notice little changes in how uploaded files are presented. If you upload a game, there is an edit link next to your file where you can specify browser requirements and whether your game is touch friendly. The touch friendly data will be used to ultimately make mobile browsing easier.

One aesthetic improvement is that HTML5 games no longer flicker the "HTML5" text in the page before the game loads.

Also that missing thumbnail bug should finally be fixed and submissions should properly publish with their thumbnails. UPDATE: It's not fixed but it shouldn't break the publishing process as badly as it has before due to how things are now organized. UPDATE 2: Icons are now fixed!

More exciting updates are close to launch now that this is complete!

IE UPDATE: Some IE javascript bugs have been fixed, you may need to clear your cache for the changes to take place. Let me know if you are still experiencing issues in IE!

Issss this why nothing is being published correctly? I've tried publishing a song and as far as I know, It's very non existant. I even typed in the tags into the search bar and it's coming up with 1 other person who made a similiar remix. However I do note that I recieve a white screen and a message saying there has been an error of some sort. I. I have about 5 other song I want to post up and i don't want them to fall of the radar either :(

DelRio1991
DelRio1991
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Publishing Update 2013-07-31 13:22:45 Reply

I recently published a comic and a movie to the portals.

You guys should be proud, I have less trouble on Newgrounds than I have on any of the other sites I use to post my stuff.

I'm Del Rio
I like to draw comics and stuff
I also like watching Darkwing duck and eating burritos.

BBS Signature
Ectisity
Ectisity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Publishing Update 2013-07-31 13:58:53 Reply

At 7/30/13 01:36 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 7/30/13 12:16 PM, enochcity wrote: I think there might be a bug with publishing games. when i first upload my game i can't replace the file i've uploaded. it shows like the file is replaced but when i go to preview nothing has changed saw some other guys that had the same problem
Do you hit the re-publish button after uploading? If it's not that, also try clearing your cache... Let me know if that doesn't solve it

Im doing it in the project area becuse i want to preview my game but when i try to replace the game fil I've uploaded it shows that the file is uploading but when it's done it just shows the same file that i replaced and when i preview it it is just the same thing :/. its a HTML5 zip archive btw.

Samurai Dreams
Send me a Pm if you want your track reviewed :).
Ectisity - Previously known as enochcity

BBS Signature
BoredLooney
BoredLooney
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Publishing Update 2013-08-01 02:34:25 Reply

The tags aren't showing up in the audio loop i recently posted

Which is weird because they show up in my earlier audio loop.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA- no.

kiareri
kiareri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to Publishing Update 2013-08-19 21:40:12 Reply

Not sure what is going on here, but this is what I see when I am trying to publish out an artwork in firefox.

Publishing Update