Respond to this Topic
PPKs
PPKs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 25th, 2013 @ 07:00 PM Reply

At 7/25/13 04:25 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: I've been banging my head testing on firefox 22.0, and safari 5.05/5.17 (both for windows 7) and I just can't replicate the problems you guys are having. Are any other users having issues with these particular browsers? Is every submission breaking, or just specific ones? What version is your flash plugin?

I'm having the problem were the page is split up. I can't watch any movie or play any game. I'm using the latest version of chrome and Windows 8. Yesterday was normal, so I think the problems started today.

PhantomCat
PhantomCat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Game Developer
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 25th, 2013 @ 07:11 PM Reply

At 7/25/13 04:25 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: I've been banging my head testing on firefox 22.0, and safari 5.05/5.17 (both for windows 7) and I just can't replicate the problems you guys are having. Are any other users having issues with these particular browsers? Is every submission breaking, or just specific ones? What version is your flash plugin?

Every submission that isn't a MOVIE movie (Flash games and Flash movies) does this for me:

http://pcat.cc/frogbag/NEWGLITCH.png

if that helps. It always stops at the File Info and doesn't even draw the bottom of that square, much less the actual movie. Tried with Autoplay Submissions on and off. This happens on my current Safari and my super ancient (3.0? 5.0? Firefox) Flash Player 1.8.800.94 (says there are no updates, Mac)

PhantomCat
PhantomCat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Game Developer
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 25th, 2013 @ 07:17 PM Reply

...nevermind

GhostWriterNext
GhostWriterNext
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 25th, 2013 @ 07:33 PM Reply

I was wondering if you could use media goblin as your new player http://mediagoblin.org/ .Its a free and open source under GNU AGPLv3. Also the software you created to view games in html 5 can you integrate it into media goblin and make the code under GNU AGPLv3

deathink
deathink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 25th, 2013 @ 07:36 PM Reply

@PsychoGoldfish @tomfulp

I think I may know what the problem is...
I think newgrounds has some kind of scaling system for movies and games that were larger then content area.
The new update must have broke the scaling system.
The reason why you can reproduce this problem is probably because you are watching video smaller than the content area. try uploading a new video with a with of 1500, and you should see it break.

I hope this helps out.

"NEWGROUNDS, it's everything to everyone" -RicePirate

BBS Signature
benjadaninja
benjadaninja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Game Developer
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 25th, 2013 @ 07:45 PM Reply

Can you guys fix the glitchy audio player? If you scroll, or do anything on the page it skips like a mofo.

deathink
deathink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 25th, 2013 @ 07:47 PM Reply

Well there seems to be two bug being talked about... sorry about that.

"NEWGROUNDS, it's everything to everyone" -RicePirate

BBS Signature
PsychoGoldfish
PsychoGoldfish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 25th, 2013 @ 09:16 PM Reply

I think the problems may have been from some invalid html that I cleaned up. If you still can't load content (after clearing your cache again), go to http://www.newgrounds.com/test/js_compliance_check.html and copy/paste whatever text it shows to me in a PM.

Arch-Angel likes this sig!

BBS Signature
mandog
mandog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 25th, 2013 @ 09:31 PM Reply

At 7/25/13 07:33 PM, GhostWriterNext wrote: I was wondering if you could use media goblin

I don't think so, the current media player was built by the Newgrounds staff using Flex, to my knowledge.

And can someone fix this.

original I am.

BBS Signature
AnalogByNature
AnalogByNature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 25th, 2013 @ 09:59 PM Reply

At 7/25/13 09:16 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: I think the problems may have been from some invalid html that I cleaned up. If you still can't load content (after clearing your cache again), go to http://www.newgrounds.com/test/js_compliance_check.html and copy/paste whatever text it shows to me in a PM.

Indeed, you have fixed every issue I had. (except my alcoholism)
Thanks, PsychoGoldfish. We all appreciate it!

Free albums every month! Use our stuff in your stuff! Contact us if you need music, voice over, or artwork for your submissions! Our Profile and here's Our Song Library

PsychoGoldfish
PsychoGoldfish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 25th, 2013 @ 10:07 PM Reply

At 7/25/13 09:59 PM, AnalogByNature wrote: Indeed, you have fixed every issue I had. (except my alcoholism)
Thanks, PsychoGoldfish. We all appreciate it!

alcoholism is a problem? fuck!

BBS Signature
GhostWriterNext
GhostWriterNext
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 25th, 2013 @ 10:13 PM Reply

At 7/25/13 09:31 PM, mandog wrote:
At 7/25/13 07:33 PM, GhostWriterNext wrote: I was wondering if you could use media goblin
I don't think so, the current media player was built by the Newgrounds staff using Flex, to my knowledge.

Flex is under an open source license https://www.mozilla.org/MPL/1.1/FAQ.html
Though I think Newgrounds should do a Kickstarter/Indiegogo to go Open Source.

mandog
mandog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 25th, 2013 @ 10:21 PM Reply

At 7/25/13 10:13 PM, GhostWriterNext wrote:

Yes it is, so? what does that have to do with anything and Newgrounds going open source? why would they release their own player so Youtube can steal it (like every other NG idea).

original I am.

BBS Signature
GhostWriterNext
GhostWriterNext
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 25th, 2013 @ 11:38 PM Reply

At 7/25/13 10:21 PM, mandog wrote:
At 7/25/13 10:13 PM, GhostWriterNext wrote:

Yes it is, so? what does that have to do with anything and Newgrounds going open source? why would they release their own player so Youtube can steal it (like every other NG idea).

The only way Newgrounds can compete with youtube is by going open source http://prism-break.org/
Freedom is one thing google is not going to do. They are extremely afraid of AGPLv3

Eggy
Eggy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Game Developer
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 25th, 2013 @ 11:39 PM Reply

At 7/25/13 11:54 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 7/24/13 10:55 PM, Eggy wrote: I was like yay icon fixed then update its not :( damn it lol
Actually NOW it IS fixed!

YAY

alisia86
alisia86
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 26th, 2013 @ 12:20 AM Reply

i like it thanks for share

alisia86
alisia86
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 26th, 2013 @ 12:31 AM Reply

i like it. thanks for share

alisia86
alisia86
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 26th, 2013 @ 12:38 AM Reply

i like it. thanks for share

Metropcs
Metropcs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 26th, 2013 @ 01:34 AM Reply

I think there's a problem with newgrounds on my Samsung.

In my samsung I could see the flash submissions.

Now after today I see the sign "The submission is not compatible with your device."

I also notice the 0-5 score voting (with pico's faces on them) do not appear on the right side.

Also in File Info of some flash submissions (most of them swf files), the File Info reads : NaN b, where it should be the file size and name.

Any ideas? I could have seen the submissions, file type and save/blam voting next to them. I don't see them anymore.

Could it be a bug from the publish?

PoisonHeart
PoisonHeart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 26th, 2013 @ 02:09 AM Reply

At 7/25/13 11:38 PM, GhostWriterNext wrote: The only way Newgrounds can compete with youtube is by going open source http://prism-break.org/
Freedom is one thing google is not going to do. They are extremely afraid of AGPLv3

Dude/Dudette, NG is cool because it's interactive in a way YouTube will never be. Easter eggs in your animation? Forget it. Recommendations that are of any quality? Same. And then games....no games, no fun allowed on YouTube. NG isn't sterile and corporate like that. It's more interesting, more personal, and more fun than YouTube will ever be. Upload something good to YouTube and your best outcome is that everyone now knows you as Viral Video Uploader #8239472384. that's my two cents.

As of yesterday, I was having trouble with .swf's randomly not loading, no frame or anything where the submission should be, and parts of the submissions page were jumbled together. I reload the page a few times and it would work again without problem. Obviously not viable, but then again....that was yesterday.

More than anything I have problems with casting my vote and having it hang for a few with the vote choices grayed out before I get the "thanks for your vote!" message. Used to only happen when I was using an outdated IE, but under the latest Firefox it recently began to do that too.

I love that you can now specify browser requirements and probably more importantly, whether or not the game is mobile-friendly. I think that will open a lot of doors.

</mytwocents>

*citation needed

BBS Signature
pattyXpatty
pattyXpatty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 26th, 2013 @ 03:12 AM Reply

Games are STILL not working nothing works nothing is fixed. Just want to ask are developers reading the forums or where should i adress my problems?

LordMartin-Mac
LordMartin-Mac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Gamer
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 26th, 2013 @ 05:43 AM Reply

That's great to see that. I sure it's easier for some users for now.

LM-M// Twitter:@Uncle_MartinMac/ PSN:LordMartinMac/

BBS Signature
VicariousE
VicariousE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 26th, 2013 @ 06:48 AM Reply

At 7/26/13 03:12 AM, pattyXpatty wrote: Games are STILL not working nothing works nothing is fixed. Just want to ask are developers reading the forums or where should i adress my problems?

Have you cleared your browser cache? The code of the site has been changed, and will need to be erased so everything else gets displayed properly. You may want to manually backup any game saves first, which in XP, will be under 'documents and settings\yourcomputername\application data\macromedia\flashplayer\#sharedeobjects\ABCD1234\uploads ungroundednet - that last folder you'll want to keep and replace later.

Also, make sure you're browser is properly updated and has the newest version of Flash working.

Clicking on game medals is fixed, thanks PG! Still getting some size issues on some Flash movies... Deathink might have a point....

Now building Vault 101, reverse engineered from yesterdays technology.

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 26th, 2013 @ 11:13 AM Reply

At 7/26/13 03:12 AM, pattyXpatty wrote: Games are STILL not working nothing works nothing is fixed. Just want to ask are developers reading the forums or where should i adress my problems?

Are you running Firefox on a Mac or PC? Have you cleared your cache and rebooted Firefox?

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
GhostWriterNext
GhostWriterNext
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
PsychoGoldfish
PsychoGoldfish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 26th, 2013 @ 12:24 PM Reply

once again... if you have problems, copy/paste ALL text on this page to me in a PM: http://www.newgrounds.com/test/js_compliance_check.html

Complaining about a problem over and over without giving me any real information does not help in any way, I need as much information as possible so I can replicate the problem on my end.

BBS Signature
MSGhero
MSGhero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Game Developer
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 26th, 2013 @ 01:00 PM Reply

At 7/26/13 12:24 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: Complaining about a problem over and over without giving me any real information does not help in any way, I need as much information as possible so I can replicate the problem on my end.

I think I said this sentence word for word during beta testing for a game.

ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 26th, 2013 @ 01:19 PM Reply

I just wanna know for sure if this is my fault...I think I've done most of what I can do on my end and I've come to the conclusion that since running on a Mac OS X stops me from updating things past a certain point, does that mean I'm gonna have to purchase/update to Mountain Lion in order to get the latest version of everything else? (Flash & Firefox) I'm just not sure because everything here functions normally for me except viewing the audio player, which is coincidentally the main thing I use anyways, and it was all fine before too. It seems other people are getting the audio player normally and I assume the crucial point I'm missing is that I've got out of date software...even though I can see other flash stuff fine. I'm just confused is it still a glitch in the Matrix or am I stupid ughhh I'm a neurotic mess!

BBS Signature
Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 26th, 2013 @ 02:15 PM Reply

@Tomfulp

Since today i no longer see the points table, neither on audio nor on flash, the thing with the 0 till 5 voting is what i mean (wich gives you points every day to get a cooler picture under your name).

Has that been removed or is it a bug?

I didnt change anything on my end.

thanks in advance.
-cal.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. pm me for (free) hire, depending on your project i will make you a ost.

johnfn
johnfn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 26th, 2013 @ 02:42 PM Reply

At 7/26/13 01:19 PM, ZipZipper wrote: I just wanna know for sure if this is my fault...I think I've done most of what I can do on my end and I've come to the conclusion that since running on a Mac OS X stops me from updating things past a certain point

No, an OS upgrade is unnecessary. I'm running OSX Lion and everything works fine on my end. Try Chrome?

[6,11,4,10,2,10,-68,5,15,-68,16,4 ,1,-68,-2,1,15,16,-67].map(function(v){ return String.fromCharCode(v + 100) }).join(""); // updated for web 2.0!

BBS Signature