nat29
nat29
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 24th, 2013 @ 05:40 PM Reply

At 7/24/13 05:36 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 7/24/13 03:41 PM, Damien wrote: I really like that you can turn off autoplay on videos now, because I usually open multiple submissions in new tabs and I'd end up with a chaos of 5 different videos playing at once. That was also the only reason I didn't like the mp4 portal, but that's been taken care of!

Nice one guys!
That as the main reason I didn't like the mp4 uploads too. That and I ran into some videos that stayed at 0 seconds long and it just sat at a black screen with the little bar thing on the bottom.
So it's great to see mp4 videos are no longer auto-playing now.

Is that auto-play removal an option? Also, do you have to wait to start the movie to vote or wait until the movie finishes to vote?

nat29
nat29
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 24th, 2013 @ 05:45 PM Reply

At 7/24/13 05:36 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 7/24/13 03:41 PM, Damien wrote: I really like that you can turn off autoplay on videos now, because I usually open multiple submissions in new tabs and I'd end up with a chaos of 5 different videos playing at once. That was also the only reason I didn't like the mp4 portal, but that's been taken care of!

Nice one guys!
That as the main reason I didn't like the mp4 uploads too. That and I ran into some videos that stayed at 0 seconds long and it just sat at a black screen with the little bar thing on the bottom.
So it's great to see mp4 videos are no longer auto-playing now.

Is that auto-play removal an option? Also, do you have to wait to start the movie to vote or wait until the movie finishes to vote?

Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Art Lover
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 24th, 2013 @ 06:16 PM Reply

At 7/24/13 05:47 PM, hyabusaslice wrote: I just finished converting a flash file, that I worked hard on. Did you guys make it so I can no longer upload videos?

Were you able to upload mp4's before? Not everyone has access to this feature, it's invite only so far.

The only thing, that bothers me about the update is, that content under judgement will now take even longer to pass. :(

BBS Signature
Nicko9y
Nicko9y
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 24th, 2013 @ 06:17 PM Reply

Tom Fyorke

Ever wonder if your mom kissed you goodnight after she gave your dad a blowjob? Well, you do now.

BBS Signature
bumblebirds
bumblebirds
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Game Developer
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 24th, 2013 @ 06:50 PM Reply

Just in time! We're approaching the finish line with a project now.

Listen2Reason
Listen2Reason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Programmer
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 24th, 2013 @ 06:56 PM Reply

At 7/24/13 12:43 PM, TomFulp wrote: PsychoGoldfish just pushed a big publishing system update live!

Most of these changes are invisible on the back-end. The system should ultimately be more robust and less prone to bugs.

Sounds like you mean most of these changes should be invisible on the FRONT-end.

Damien
Damien
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Artist
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 24th, 2013 @ 07:30 PM Reply

At 7/24/13 05:45 PM, nat29 wrote: Is that auto-play removal an option? Also, do you have to wait to start the movie to vote or wait until the movie finishes to vote?

If you go into your account settings (the little gear next to the star on the top of the site), you'll come to a screen where on the left there's a box which gives you the option to turn auto play on or off. You can also change it for adult content and submissions that are under judgment.

Master-X
Master-X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 24th, 2013 @ 08:27 PM Reply

Am I the only one who noticed we no longer have the popup option for movies anymore? I realized this because I just used it the other day, and when I went to look for it, the button to do so was gone.

It's time to get pissed off.

nat29
nat29
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 24th, 2013 @ 08:29 PM Reply

At 7/24/13 07:30 PM, Damien wrote: If you go into your account settings (the little gear next to the star on the top of the site), you'll come to a screen where on the left there's a box which gives you the option to turn auto play on or off. You can also change it for adult content and submissions that are under judgment.

Thanks Damien.

PsychoGoldfish
PsychoGoldfish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 24th, 2013 @ 08:41 PM Reply

At 7/24/13 05:02 PM, ForNoReason wrote:
At 7/24/13 02:18 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 7/24/13 02:15 PM, ForNoReason wrote: interesting... seems that I am only having this issue on IE. So nothing of value is lost...
I just tested in IE and it worked for me - try clearing your cache and rebooting IE, let me know if that solves it or not!
Still not working on that system... strange. I never really use IE so it is not a bother for me, but it was a windows Vista laptop and I was running the latest version of IE.

I've been trying to replicate your problem, but voting works all over on my copy of IE.

If there's any other info, like installed plugins, that might help debug this let me know.

Publishing Update

Arch-Angel likes this sig!

BBS Signature
PsychoGoldfish
PsychoGoldfish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 24th, 2013 @ 08:43 PM Reply

At 7/24/13 08:27 PM, Master-X wrote: Am I the only one who noticed we no longer have the popup option for movies anymore? I realized this because I just used it the other day, and when I went to look for it, the button to do so was gone.

Popup players have gone the way of the dodo. If your reason for using popups was to play with banner ads slowing stuff down, the 'lights out' button above the media not only darkens the background for you, it shuts the ads off.

Arch-Angel likes this sig!

BBS Signature
Twin81
Twin81
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 24th, 2013 @ 09:04 PM Reply

I've got issues with IE too. The voting bar is gone completely, even if I play a game. Furthermore, I can't even play because the game frame is gone, reports a js error. Started several hours ago, so I think this can be linked with an update. Most of the older games do not work. Some do work though.

VicariousE
VicariousE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 24th, 2013 @ 09:06 PM Reply

I was playing a medal game, when I clicked one of the medals, to see how many other people had gotten it.... Fucking thing went to another page, showing this :| All my progress was erased when I had to click back on the browser.

It used to be, you clicked on the medal icon, and within the page, it would pop up the details shown in the link above. Same results for all games, not just the one I referenced. The page also jumps, if you click to switch between Highscores or Medals in the under game display... big flaw bros.

Now building Vault 101, reverse engineered from yesterdays technology.

BBS Signature
deathink
deathink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 24th, 2013 @ 09:11 PM Reply

Yeah, the voting doesn't work in IE for me as well... but i never use IE anyway. I tried updating IE but it said i have the most recent version...

"NEWGROUNDS, it's everything to everyone" -RicePirate

BBS Signature
Master-X
Master-X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 24th, 2013 @ 09:12 PM Reply

At 7/24/13 08:43 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote:
At 7/24/13 08:27 PM, Master-X wrote: Am I the only one who noticed we no longer have the popup option for movies anymore? I realized this because I just used it the other day, and when I went to look for it, the button to do so was gone.
Popup players have gone the way of the dodo. If your reason for using popups was to play with banner ads slowing stuff down, the 'lights out' button above the media not only darkens the background for you, it shuts the ads off.

I have a supporter upgrade, so I don't see the banner ads anyway. Honestly, the other day was the first time I'd even used it in a while. For nostalgic reasons.

It's time to get pissed off.

Phoenix64
Phoenix64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Writer
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 24th, 2013 @ 09:18 PM Reply

It keeps saying I have an illegal communication something-or-other. I know if you just click ok it'll go away, but it's kind of annoying.

BBS Signature
Phoenix64
Phoenix64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Writer
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 24th, 2013 @ 09:22 PM Reply

In case anyone was wondering why we did that, we're trying to make NG more accessible to different platforms. And if you were to view a flash game in an iPad, we don't want people down-voting things because they aren't compatable. The simplest way to handle that was to hide the vote bar until the content was successfully embedded.

It also doubles as a slight deterrent to people who just 5/0 shit without even watching it. If you have content set to automatically play in your portal preferences you probably won't even notice the vote bar is ever gone.

How do you set it to do that? That sounds kinda cool. Where are the portal preferences? And NO, I don't want to 5/0 random under judgement games.

BBS Signature
SpikyBlue
SpikyBlue
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 24th, 2013 @ 09:41 PM Reply

Sooooo. My flash disapeared... anyone know how to fix it yet?...

• Link + Business
    Link + Business by SpikyBlue

What if Link hosted one of nintendo's business meetings?

Score
    3.75 / 5.00
    Type
    Movie
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 24th, 2013 @ 09:47 PM Reply

At 7/24/13 09:41 PM, SpikyBlue wrote: Sooooo. My flash disapeared... anyone know how to fix it yet?...
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/622100

Woah... goldfish will likely see this here but I'm making sure he knows, that's an interesting one.

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
SpikyBlue
SpikyBlue
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 24th, 2013 @ 09:48 PM Reply

At 7/24/13 09:47 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 7/24/13 09:41 PM, SpikyBlue wrote: Sooooo. My flash disapeared... anyone know how to fix it yet?...
Woah... goldfish will likely see this here but I'm making sure he knows, that's an interesting one.

Thanks tom!

Viper
Viper
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 34
Musician
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 24th, 2013 @ 10:25 PM Reply

At 7/24/13 05:45 PM, nat29 wrote: Is that auto-play removal an option?

Not that I'm aware of.

Also, do you have to wait to start the movie to vote or wait until the movie finishes to vote?

The voting thing shows up at the start of the movie/game.

Formally known as Viper50
When life gives you lemons...squirt juice in your enemy's eyes!
Not very important but my lastfm. I guess you can click on it if you want.

BBS Signature
SpikyBlue
SpikyBlue
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 24th, 2013 @ 10:44 PM Reply

Thanks Tom...

It's weird the Embed Width and Embed Height completely disapeared... from the edit submission menu.

Eggy
Eggy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Game Developer
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 24th, 2013 @ 10:55 PM Reply

I was like yay icon fixed then update its not :( damn it lol

Exedor
Exedor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 25th, 2013 @ 12:40 AM Reply

I sent a PM with screenshots a while ago. That one's included. I know you've probably got 2400 PM's in there, tho, since you've been away. :)

I still can't vote, tho. Cache cleared again and restarted and all but no change. :'(

Exedor
Exedor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 25th, 2013 @ 01:21 AM Reply

At 7/24/13 01:49 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: It also doubles as a slight deterrent to people who just 5/0 shit without even watching it. If you have content set to automatically play in your portal preferences you probably won't even notice the vote bar is ever gone.

Sometimes, you don't need to watch something to know what to vote...

• SME: Gravity Falls
    SME: Gravity Falls by HardHart

Exciting SME!

Score
    Under Judgment
    Type
    Movie
    Popularity
    Rated
    Ages 17+
  • SME: The Proud Family
    SME: The Proud Family by HardHart

You'll be 'proud' of this SME!

Score
    1.74 / 5.00
    Type
    Movie
    Popularity
    Rated
    Ages 17+
  • SME: Zoey 101!
    SME: Zoey 101! by HardHart

Score
    1.45 / 5.00
    Type
    Movie
    Popularity
    Rated
    Ages 17+

Psychopath
Psychopath
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 25th, 2013 @ 02:18 AM Reply

At 7/24/13 01:49 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: It also doubles as a slight deterrent to people who just 5/0 shit without even watching it. If you have content set to automatically play in your portal preferences you probably won't even notice the vote bar is ever gone.

Yeah, no it doesn't; all I have to do is click the "Automatically play general content" option, let the content play in the background as this stupid change eats up my bandwidth, scroll down to the voting bar and give my default score to whatever the fuck my save point happens to be at the time. This is nothing more than a swift kick in the balls to people with limited bandwidth. This is hilariously stupid.

KelpTheGreat
KelpTheGreat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Gamer
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 25th, 2013 @ 03:11 AM Reply

I'm not sure I like the new voting system. Typically, to get my exp for the day, I'll load 5 videos out of my list of favorites and 5/5 them all. Now I have to click to start them playing before I can vote on them... it's not a big step, but it is minorly annoying. Could there be an option to disable it, maybe?

Besides that, I love the way the videos look now, and I appreciate that the newer flashes don't load automatically. Makes it easier to load multiple tabs without slowing down my connection so much.

Check out my profile for random comments and... pretty much nothing else!

CiviLies
CiviLies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 25th, 2013 @ 03:29 AM Reply

Tom, why are you still wearing those stupid red shades?

"Libraries are one of the rare examples of humans getting something completely right"- Gagsy
"People migrate and fall in love, religions come and go." - Anti-Racist Hitler

BBS Signature
leeloohizumizero
leeloohizumizero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Artist
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 25th, 2013 @ 06:10 AM Reply

I think the idea to the new process on gaining experience is great. I do agree with some of the other users in that the warning button stating that a submission was under judgment looked a hell of a lot cooler in the old version.
I also think it's great that is prevents users from just scoring anything on anyones submission without actually playing/watching the submission. I don't understand why people are now moaning that they have to press play on stuff before they can vote. It makes sence, & it registers on the system that the item has been interacted with before voting screen can come up. If people are going to moan about it, then don't vote or watch/play shit on here. Cause you're hardly making it fair if you're going to vote willy nilly on submissions.

I must admit i'm having trouble already. Even though I play the games for a good while, the voting screen isn't coming up for me. I can only assume it's a bug, perhaps the new update doesn't perform well with older versions of search engines.

I run a Linux operating system, never had problems with voting on here before with it, though I do currently run an ancient version of firefox. It's version 3.6.18 for Ubuntu. If someone could let me know if it's a bug or whatever that'd be great. Unfortunately if it is my browser that requires updating I don't think i'll be coming on here for quite some time. Long story, but I require to wipe my entire laptop in order to get a fresh version of firefox on it... Preferably I don't want to have to do this as everything else I use my laptop for internet wise works fine.

Great work guys, fab idea, hope the new update goes down well with all the other users. {don't see why it shouldn't} & have an awesome day. Toodles!

"Captain cabinets, trapped in cabinets. Can he get out? Will he get out? Course he will!"

TheRed555
TheRed555
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Publishing Update Jul. 25th, 2013 @ 06:12 AM Reply

I like the updates,I hope that the account secrets and the whistle option for UJ games and movies will come next.
Had a little issue : when I click on a medal to see who unlocked it,It automatically goes to (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/"ID here"/feature/medals)even if the game is fully loaded,causing me to lose my progress in the game,It should either open in a new window,or show the unlocks on the same page.
Anyone else having the same problem?

Google Chrome 16.0

[EGB];[NGTMPUL];[Medal tips & hints];[Follow]
sig by triplenoob.
Need a beta-tester for your game?PM me

BBS Signature