00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

444rgh just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What do you think of the wii u?

2,214 Views | 30 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

What do you think of the wii u? 2013-07-18 13:20:41

I like the system, people say it was a fail but it was intersting/

Super Mario sunshine is dumb.

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of the wii u? 2013-07-18 13:25:53

Good idea but fucking horrible execution. Wii U has a solid line up of 1st party titles, but jesus if you want any third party titles you should get a different console. Hell, if you've just bought the Wii U for the 1st party titles then you might as well just buy a Wii because all the 1st party games are the fucking same. Also, the controller is so awkward.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of the wii u? 2013-07-18 13:47:29

At 7/18/13 01:25 PM, iMini wrote: Good idea but horrible execution. Wii U has a solid line up of 1st party titles, but jesus if you want any third party titles you should get a different console. Hell, if you've just bought the Wii U for the 1st party titles then you might as well just buy a Wii because all the 1st party games are the fucking same. Also, the controller is so awkward.

the controller can be awkward at times i know, but dang was batman arhkam asylum fun p.s i don't have a ps3 or xbox 360 .

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of the wii u? 2013-07-18 13:57:49

At 7/18/13 01:47 PM, luigifan5555 wrote: the controller can be awkward at times i know, but dang was batman arhkam asylum fun p.s i don't have a ps3 or xbox 360 .

Arkham Asylum was straight up better on the PS3 and Xbox 360.

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of the wii u? 2013-07-18 13:59:10

At 7/18/13 01:57 PM, iMini wrote:
At 7/18/13 01:47 PM, luigifan5555 wrote: the controller can be awkward at times i know, but dang was batman arhkam asylum fun p.s i don't have a ps3 or xbox 360 .

i mean city and like i said i dont have a ps3 or xbox 360

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of the wii u? 2013-07-18 14:25:52

At 7/18/13 01:59 PM, luigifan5555 wrote:
At 7/18/13 01:57 PM, iMini wrote:
i mean city and like i said i dont have a ps3 or xbox 360

You should have got one, they're both cheaper than a Wii U. Asylum, City, whatever, the Wii U port isn't very nice looking and has some serious frame rate issues.

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of the wii u? 2013-07-18 14:50:07

There's lots if games coming out for it that look good.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of the wii u? 2013-07-18 14:51:38

At 7/18/13 01:20 PM, luigifan5555 wrote: I like the system, people say it was a fail but it was intersting/

I liked it from what I experienced. Really all I did was play a couple levels of New Super Mario Bros. U at a store. I might ask for a Wii U for Christmas or my birthday since potentially great games are going to be released.

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of the wii u? 2013-07-18 16:04:10

The console has some potential, but it seems like they're squandering their year long advantage, particularly with the 3rd party games that they promised are not showing up, and a few big-name developers have already bailed on the console. Not to mention that the controller is pretty wonky at best, which could potentially hamper the selection of games further.

Unless Nintendo can pull off something big between now and the end of the year, they will fall behind Sony easily and possibly Microsoft as well, because I'm sure that they can't rely on gimmicks and the demographics that they got with the Wii.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of the wii u? 2013-07-18 16:11:00

I've only played it in a shop (New Super Mario Bros. U) and I thought it seemed alright as a game, the controller was awkward though. I had a quick mess around in the Wii U menus too and for some reason I couldn't select with the buttons, I had to use the touch screen. Not sure if that was by design or a faulty controller, but it was irritating.

Ultimately, I'm far from sold and will never buy it myself, even if they bring out a new Zelda game (not this Wind Waker HD crap).

Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage, an RPG with a few twists. Available to buy it on Steam here!

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of the wii u? 2013-07-18 16:50:15

besides the First party and second party games there's not really special on the Wii U that would blow my mind and capture like every aspect of my imagination.

Response to What do you think of the wii u? 2013-07-18 16:56:47

At 7/18/13 02:25 PM, iMini wrote:
You should have got one, they're both cheaper than a Wii U. Asylum, City, whatever, the Wii U port isn't very nice looking and has some serious frame rate issues.

Do you even have a Wii U, because there are almost no frame rate issues. In terms of game line-up, well yes, it is slim. The second half of the year looks good, and Pikmin 3 is only a week or so away.

People always have the mentality that the first year of every console ever has been amazing, and like to pass off newer consoles as terrible because they don't have 5 years worth of games to play on it.

Response to What do you think of the wii u? 2013-07-18 19:48:53

I have hyper hydrosis so using a touch pad with the permanently sweaty hands, I dunno man, rainbow water marks errywhere...until they evaporate. It's one the main reasons I dont own an ipod. They dont make these fucking things friends to people with sweaty hands.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of the wii u? 2013-07-18 21:20:14

At 7/18/13 07:48 PM, sweet21 wrote: I have hyper hydrosis so using a touch pad with the permanently sweaty hands, I dunno man, rainbow water marks errywhere...until they evaporate. It's one the main reasons I dont own an ipod. They dont make these fucking things friends to people with sweaty hands.

There is a stylus, but it is admittedly faster to use your hands if the game requires two sticks/buttons. I find the only thing really wrong with the controller is where the plug for recharging with a cable is located, on top. The cradle charges from the bottom, but if you want to play while charging, you have to sit where the cable will be.

Response to What do you think of the wii u? 2013-07-18 23:51:58

At 7/18/13 01:20 PM, luigifan5555 wrote: I like the system, people say it was a fail but it was intersting/

I think it is awesome. The graphics are beautiful, the games are amazing.

I'm just a girl from Texas. Nothing much.

Response to What do you think of the wii u? 2013-07-19 22:35:48

I personally think that the Wii U would be highly recommended for players who usually bring friends at home to play together considering that unlike the other consoles, you can play with a maximum of 5 players in the same game. Even though people says that the Wii U sucks, I have to agree a little because when the Wii U came out, barely any games were available and I'm still waiting for a few games to come out like the new Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World and a few other upcoming games. I also like the Miiverse since it allows you to communicate with the people you meet online, but I still hate the short character limit since the limit is only 100 which is bugging me. But I do like how you can switch from the TV screen to the Gamepad's, I have to say; this is quite useful if you're sitting in the living room with your Wii U and your parents want to watch the TV for a bit. Because of that, I consider the Wii U a Semi-Portable console since you can play on your Gamepad anywhere you want, but not too far away from the console. Let's just hope the Wii U a better future. =P

Response to What do you think of the wii u? 2013-07-20 06:20:00

I haven't played it, nor am I interested in it. But apparently it's pretty good, Nintendo is awesome.

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of the wii u? 2013-07-20 07:07:06

At 7/20/13 06:17 AM, MikeyS9607 wrote: I have one and it's awesome. I can't wait for Sonic Lost World. OH wait, that's a third party game, and the Wii U doesn't have those apparently. Owait.

I always wonder if you people like you really donâEUTMt get it, or not want to get it. There are way too few third party titles.
One title isnâEUTMt going to solve that problem.

I think the Wii U is a amazing console with a lot of potential. In the right hands I think the games can also look stunning even without all the extra CPU/GPU power that other next-gen consoles will have.

But the fact is, IâEUTMm getting tired of first-party titles. I have love for Mario, but after just playing NSMB2, Mario Land and NSMB WiiU itâEUTMs kinda hard to really look forward to yet another Mario game where I have to run around in the same universe.

Sonic Lost Worlds currently holds the #1 spot on my wishlist (even surpassing games on other platforms). I really wish there were more third-party games like that for the system.

Response to What do you think of the wii u? 2013-07-20 10:36:43

It's a slow burner. The first year has been very slow, as it was for the 3DS, but now there are a load of exclusives coming that will result in a surge in sales, and hopefully more 3rd party support.

I feel like it is aiming at a different audience to the Xbone and PS4, and that is why so many gamers slate it. It isn't attracting hardcore gamers, but still has a massive casual fanbase, that will continue to grow. It's real advantage is with a low price hardcore gamers may still purchase one as a 'second console' for the 1st party exclusives like smash bros, thus getting the best of both worlds. That worked great for the Wii, which lets not forget sold the most of the consoles in the last generation.

I don't have one, but it certainly isn't out of the question when some great games do start to come out. I'm a sucker for smash bros, and a good new Zelda title would be hard to resist. For now I'm content with my PC.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of the wii u? 2013-07-20 11:20:13

If it had more interesting titles like ZombieU and not just your generic Nintendo titles I would actually give it try. But as of now Zelda games aren't enough to win me over. I know it has Arkham City and Mass Effect 3, but I already got both and I don't want to buy a "next gen" console to re-buy games I already own.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of the wii u? 2013-07-20 20:37:22

Haven't gotten one yet but I'm planning to. I have heard Pikmin 3 has been boosting Wii U sales which is good. I'm mainly getting it for first party titles. But I know it will get third party titles as well so I'm looking forward to them as well, even though it may not be as much as the other consoles are getting.

Response to What do you think of the wii u? 2013-07-20 22:20:23

The console's hardware is only slightly better than the Xbox 360/ps3, which both use hardware from what? 2004/2005? so the hardware for the console itself is beyond outdated, making a lot of devs steer away from it. The first party titles are just the same super mario bros shit apart from Pikmin 3. So currently, it's just a kids toy rather than an actual console. and based on how the Wii turned out I predict the Wii U will be the exact same.

filler text

Response to What do you think of the wii u? 2013-07-20 22:39:43

At 7/20/13 10:20 PM, GrizzlyOne wrote: So currently, it's just a kids toy rather than an actual console. and based on how the Wii turned out I predict the Wii U will be the exact same.

The best selling console of the last generation, with a bunch of beloved first party titles, a smaller number of great third party games, and the only system that puts any emphasis on local multiplayer?

Response to What do you think of the wii u? 2013-07-21 09:44:14

I'm interested in Bayonetta 2. If they make a Metroid game for it I'll probably buy one eventually, and if Nintendo buys Atlus I definitely will. The only thing that really pisses me off about the Wii U is that it's region locked. Fucking nintendo.

Response to What do you think of the wii u? 2013-07-21 10:30:16

We have a thread for the Wii U. Use it.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of the wii u? 2013-07-21 11:18:02

They have a good first party line up but they have announced there will be no new Star Fox or Fzero game! >.<

"The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall."- Che Guevera

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of the wii u? 2013-07-21 17:48:35

At 7/18/13 07:48 PM, sweet21 wrote: I have hyper hydrosis so using a touch pad with the permanently sweaty hands, I dunno man, rainbow water marks errywhere...until they evaporate. It's one the main reasons I dont own an ipod. They dont make these fucking things friends to people with sweaty hands.

Wear those gloves that look unfashionable but hey, it works.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of the wii u? 2013-07-21 18:02:00

At 7/21/13 05:48 PM, darkjam wrote: Wear those gloves that look unfashionable but hey, it works.

I have a box of surgical gloves, they aren't great for anything that involves sliding.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of the wii u? 2013-07-21 18:10:19

Nintendo just needs a developer that'll show the cray capabilities of the wiiU controller

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of the wii u? 2013-07-22 06:08:50

I actually think it's the best console out of the 3 big ones. Unfortunatley the games are what holds it back. If 3rd party game developers actually took the console seriously then it would be much better than the other 2.

???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era,

What have I done with my life?

BBS Signature